View Poll Results: .?.?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rotten to the core

    34 65.38%
  • Capable, but hasn’t engaged in criminal behaviour

    14 26.92%
  • Paragon of virtue, can do no wrong

    4 7.69%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: Can Trump Do Wrong?

  1. #81
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    86,251

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I find that difficult to believe.

    LOL at you claiming this.
    Oh, which is which? Is impeachment, as is clearly laid out in the Constitution, the accepted process or is the nomination of Supreme Court Justices, as is clearly laid out in the Consitution, the accepted process?

    Impeachment is in the Constitution. So is judicial nomination.

    LOL at you saying this.

    It was the first time since 1866 that a nomination was allowed to lapse without a later vote.

    Again, tell us more about "cheap debate tactics".

    That's true...but so? President Obama was a duly elected President whose nominee was not even given hearings. You talk about undermining elections, that's it.

    If McConnell had granted hearings and then Garland had been voted down (whether on merit or simple politics), that would have been one thing. But Garland did not even receive anything.

    You think a Constitutionally established practice of impeachment is being a "traitor to the Constitution" and you claim others throw tantrums?

    Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? Try answering without dodging or engaging in cheap debate tactics.
    You sure know how to use quote tags well. Good on you.

    Judicial nomination is in the Constitution, but doesn't say if the Senate has to entertain them on a schedule.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lection-years/

    Try not posting hypocritical bull**** from now on. There have been other instances where Democrats have objected to looking at nominations. Where there is a rule or not, it's happened on both sides. Your windbag post is boring me with excuses. Impeachment indicates a Constitution crisis, and is far different than appointing justices.............by a long shot. You know it, and I know it. Stop the butthurt. You know Pelosi is wrong in what she's doing, and is afraid of 1) Republicans bringing witnesses and documents, and 2) Trump winning in 2020.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA #WalkAway

  2. #82
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    19,322

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheParser View Post
    5. He was elected by the Silent Majority
    Sorry I'm late to the party on this one, and if it's already been pointed out and you've responded I'm sorry for that too: but in no way, shape, or form was Trump elected by a majority, other than the majority of Electoral College votes.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,798

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You sure know how to use quote tags well. Good on you.
    It helps when picking out the BS and the lies.

    Judicial nomination is in the Constitution, but doesn't say if the Senate has to entertain them on a schedule.
    It quite literally says:

    Quote Originally Posted by Constitution
    ...he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate,...Judges of the supreme Court
    It quite literally says the Senate shall advise the President's nominees. McConnell gave no Garland no hearings and flatly told the entire country the Senate would entertain NO Obama nominees.

    You're not good at the word games and even worse with the Constitution.

    Try not posting hypocritical bull**** from now on.
    Says the person who tried to claim something in the Constitution is being a traitor to the Constitution.

    Typical deflection, American.

    There have been other instances where Democrats have objected to looking at nominations.
    Which nominees since 1866 did not get a vote without being withdrawn?

    Go ahead, list them all. It won't take long.

    Where there is a rule or not, it's happened on both sides.
    Not since 1866. Impeachment, however, happened roughly 20 years ago. So if your argument is "it's happened before", then that's a pretty terrible argument to make against impeaching a President.

    Your windbag post is boring me with excuses.
    There were no excuses in my post, only pointing out the hypocrisies and stupidities in your post. Cheap debate tactic AND typical deflection by you. I asked you not to do that.

    Impeachment indicates a Constitution crisis
    No it doesn't. You are posting a lie. Here's what it says:

    Quote Originally Posted by Constitution
    The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.
    It does not say anything about a "Constitution crisis", only about "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

    You literally posted a lie to deflect. And your understanding of the Constitution appears to be quite limited.

    and is far different than appointing justices.............by a long shot.
    Yes, impeachment is a different process than appointing judicial nominees. Has anyone claimed otherwise?

    However, the Constitutional validity of them is NOT different, as you are falsely claiming, and that is the discussion being had here.

    You know it, and I know it.
    The Constitutional validity of each is not different. You know it, and I know it, but only you are posting lies about it.

    Stop the butthurt. You know Pelosi is wrong in what she's doing, and is afraid of 1) Republicans bringing witnesses and documents, and 2) Trump winning in 2020.
    You are literally making things up to deflect and are engaging in typical cheap debate tactics.

    Impeachment is a Constitutionally defined concept. Calling people traitors for following the Constitution is the height of stupidity. Pelosi is following a legally established process of gathering information before formally bringing charges. The fact you have a problem with a legal process which will undoubtedly shine light on obvious crimes committed by the person you support politically says everything everyone needs to know about you.

    Your post was nothing but deflections, lies and "cheap debate tactics...without substance". Congratulations.

    Trump defenders are the worst liars.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 10-17-19 at 11:56 AM.

  4. #84
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    86,251

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It helps when picking out the BS and the lies.

    It quite literally says:



    It quite literally says the Senate shall advise the President's nominees. McConnell gave no Garland no hearings and flatly told the entire country the Senate would entertain NO Obama nominees.

    You're not good at the word games and even worse with the Constitution.

    Says the person who tried to claim something in the Constitution is being a traitor to the Constitution.

    Typical deflection, American.

    Which nominees since 1866 did not get a vote without being withdrawn?

    Go ahead, list them all. It won't take long.

    Not since 1866. Impeachment, however, happened roughly 20 years ago. So if your argument is "it's happened before", then that's a pretty terrible argument to make against impeaching a President.

    There were no excuses in my post, only pointing out the hypocrisies and stupidities in your post. Cheap debate tactic AND typical deflection by you. I asked you not to do that.

    No it doesn't. You are posting a lie. Here's what it says:



    It does not say anything about a "Constitution crisis", only about "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

    You literally posted a lie to deflect. And your understanding of the Constitution appears to be quite limited.

    Yes, impeachment is a different process than appointing judicial nominees. Has anyone claimed otherwise?

    However, the Constitutional validity of them is NOT different, as you are falsely claiming, and that is the discussion being had here.

    The Constitutional validity of each is not different. You know it, and I know it, but only you are posting lies about it.

    You are literally making things up to deflect and are engaging in typical cheap debate tactics.

    Impeachment is a Constitutionally defined concept. Calling people traitors for following the Constitution is the height of stupidity. Pelosi is following a legally established process of gathering information before formally bringing charges. The fact you have a problem with a legal process which will undoubtedly shine light on obvious crimes committed by the person you support politically says everything everyone needs to know about you.

    Your post was nothing but deflections, lies and "cheap debate tactics...without substance". Congratulations.

    Trump defenders are the worst liars.
    Democrats are chronic hypocrites who change the rules to suit their agenda continually. Sounds like your posts do the same.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA #WalkAway

  5. #85
    Stabler Genius
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Last Seen
    11-04-19 @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,942

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Democrats are chronic hypocrites who change the rules to suit their agenda continually. Sounds like your posts do the same.
    This is FOX news propaganda BS and it is routine for Conservatives to try to flip the historical script:

    - Christian Conservatives with moral compasses, who cherish their family values, are devoted to a serial adulterer who solicited sex from pornographers and was recorded for stating that he can grab pussy whenever he likes.

    - Fiscal Conservatives who declare that debt is a problem and that government is too big routinely vote for increased spending and widening government (since Reagan).

    - Conservative Veterans are devoted to a draft dodger who denigrated American POWs, tormented Gold Star families, callously dismissed a Veterans Day, and Tweeted on Memorial Day about how dead Vets would support him.


    It is not the Democrats who have made an art form out of politically stacking courts, rigging elections, or breaking Constitutional norms to the point where one might as well torch the document. "It's not against the law" has become the Conservative tag line when seeking technicalities and loop holes to exonerate today's GOP behavior. All of this is and has always been to suit a Party agenda, because without this sort of behavior the GOP knows it can no longer win elections or push their long-expired and broken ideological crap upon the nation. This is what happens when a political Party serves its own interests and the interests of only the few, at the expense of a growing and progressing population.

    The chronic hypocrites are and have always been Republican Conservatives, because it is they who present an ideological standard that they routinely fail to achieve. It is they who routinely betray their own belief systems whenever it suits their position of the moment. This is because at the heart of the Conservative mindset, behind the facade, is simple selfishness. Cutting taxes is about a personal bank account. The Second Amendment is about a personal armory. Anti-abortion is about pushing a personal religious belief. Pushing Christianity is about legitimizing a personal feeling. None of this, no matter how hard one waves or hugs the flag, is about the nation. And there is nothing patriotic about blindly following a draft dodger who would pervert his Office and use foreign governments to do harm to American citizens so that he can generate personal revenue and achieve personal temporary political goals.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1992~2012

  6. #86
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,798

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Democrats are chronic hypocrites who change the rules to suit their agenda continually. Sounds like your posts do the same.
    Yet another deflection, engaging in cheap debate tactics when you have nothing of substance with which to rebut my post. I'd ask you where you think my posts have "change(d) the rules", but we both know you don't really believe that, it was just a deflection to disengage from a debate you are so clearly losing.

    The fact of the matter is my posts haven't changed anything, they've exposed the stupidity of your posts. You claimed following the Constitution is being a traitor to the Constitution. You laughably claimed there's a difference in the validity of one Constitutional process when compared to a different Constitutional process. You posted numerous falsehoods regarding the text of the Constitution, as well as the frequency with which Constitutional processes have been carried out (or not carried out, as the case may be). And everything you've said has been 100% based in your insistence on blatant partisanship.

    It's no wonder you resorted to "cheap debate tactics...without substance" and deflection. You have no facts to support the stupidity in your posts. You know it, I know it, and everyone knows it.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,731

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    No more illegal than the prostitute accepting that payoff. The legal question remains: was the payoff for consensual sex or keeping quiet about that matter?

    As much of a cheapskate as Trump is, what’s your opinion?

    As to the poll, it is said that during sex, Trump is always on the bottom, because all he can do is **** up!
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  8. #88
    Professor
    Stealers Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It's only a proper investigation when it follows a process accepted by all the Congress. The People have a right to be part of the process through their representatives. When one party takes full control denies other representatives the right to participate we have don't have a republic. We have precedence for how investigations, inquiries and impeachments are to proceed.
    Tell me more about those who have been denied the right to be a part of the process. Are you telling us that Republicans are not on the committees? Are you saying they are not being permitted to question the witnesses? How are they being denied?

    When Moscow Mitch refuses every bill passed by the House to even be discussed, let alone voted on, how is that being denied being a part of the process?

  9. #89
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    86,251

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealers Wheel View Post
    Tell me more about those who have been denied the right to be a part of the process. Are you telling us that Republicans are not on the committees? Are you saying they are not being permitted to question the witnesses? How are they being denied?

    When Moscow Mitch refuses every bill passed by the House to even be discussed, let alone voted on, how is that being denied being a part of the process?
    Being on a committee is a lot different than being able to participate as equals. Speaking of the Senate now, I'll be you were hiding in a closet when Harry Reid pronounce every Republican bill DOA in the day.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA #WalkAway

  10. #90
    Professor
    Stealers Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Can Trump Do Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Being on a committee is a lot different than being able to participate as equals. Speaking of the Senate now, I'll be you were hiding in a closet when Harry Reid pronounce every Republican bill DOA in the day.
    So you're saying that Republicans on the committee are not being allowed to ask questions. They are not allowed to participate. Why, that's an outrage! Those Republicans should publicly state the questions they are not allowed to ask.

    And strangely, they are not doing that. I wonder why? Why are the Republicans not giving specifics on how the process has silenced them?

    Whatabout Harry? Good one! Hadn't heard that one before. Moscow Mitch would be proud of you.
    I think you've brought up some valid criticism of the "Deep State." I'm going to mention that at our next meeting.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •