View Poll Results: Who would you pick for question 1?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

    9 32.14%
  • Sanders

    4 14.29%
  • Warren

    15 53.57%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,731

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    You asked for an excuse to glorify an obtuse behavior. Don't confuse ideology for being an ideologist. An ideologist is a simpleton who can't cope with reality when it threatens the ideology so they abandon reason and logic to preserve that false and broken ideology. Witness the NeoCon, who shifted from Democrat to Republican for their ideology of spreading democracy by all means, then clung even as Iraq and Afghanistan proved their simplistic world view false. I gave you evidence through her education that she is not the type. The educated do not abandon reason so easily. I will hold your hand another way:

    - Economics: She was characterized as a Conservative throughout her academic career and held a belief in laissez-faire economics. <---- That is an ideology.

    - Politics: She was a registered Republican between 1991~1996, but began voting Democrat in 1995 because she no longer believed that the GOP was the party that best supported markets. And given how eager Trickle-Down Republicans are to bail-out banks and corporations, then offer subsidies, while handing them permanent tax-cuts, she is right. Republicans practice socialism when it comes to big business while telling a person like you to "pull up your boot straps" and make the worst of capitalism work for you.

    Add in her educational background and this is not an ideologist who stubbornly clings to a Party out of a simpleton's notion of allegiance, nor to an ideology that is proven perverse. This is not a person who makes rash and stubborn decisions that are based on false ideologies.

    So, not a bust. Just your pre-determined intentions to dismiss because looking beyond the "Pocahontas" nonsense threatens your fragile ideological world-view.
    Liz was a capitalist for herself when she was becoming a multimillionaire. Now she's a redistributionist for the election.
    Bernie's a multimillionaire too. Is he an ideologist?
    Liz Warren is an ideologist. There's no question.
    The fact that she's very wealthy is not evidence of otherwise.
    She's exposed her "rash and stubborn" decisions (policies) during the primary. To be fair, it's not clear how much of her healthy dose of socialist platform is genuine or a recognition that it's where the Party activists are.
    Either way if she gets the nod and runs on it she's dead skin & bones.

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  2. #42
    Stabler Genius
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Last Seen
    10-18-19 @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,909

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Liz was a capitalist for herself when she was becoming a multimillionaire. Now she's a redistributionist for the election.
    Bernie's a multimillionaire too. Is he an ideologist?
    Liz Warren is an ideologist. There's no question.
    The fact that she's very wealthy is not evidence of otherwise.
    She's exposed her "rash and stubborn" decisions (policies) during the primary. To be fair, it's not clear how much of her healthy dose of socialist platform is genuine or a recognition that it's where the Party activists are.
    Either way if she gets the nod and runs on it she's dead skin & bones.
    I have never understood how you people think you can promote the idea that a Democrat's bank account matters, when you tripped all over yourselves for a silver-spooned elitist billionaire who helped create the swamp. And before this, Bush's oil money played not a factor in your shallow denigration. Do you see how this bit of BS is exposed?

    And let's not pretend that you are coming from a rational place. The fact that she is no longer a Republican is all it takes for you to irrationally complain (reference the above paragraph). I gave you examples of how she is not an ideologist, in the way that you meant it. Simply saying she is does not change her clear history:

    - Despite believing in Democracy, she is not a shallow NeoCon.
    - Despite teaching Sunday School for years, she is not a religious fanatic.
    - And since she has been both a Republican and Democrat, she is not a partisan hack who perverts her beliefs in accordance to the Party's line of the day.

    "Liz" is just another way of clinging to "Pocahontas," which is really the only level you bother with. You shouldn't use words like "redistribution" and "socialist" when you can't even identify it when you actually see it. What exactly do you think bail-outs to farmers are? Or bail-outs to banks that turn around and seize homes and small businesses? What do you think government subsidies to corporations are? What do you think tax-money going back to the people who pay it in select programs is? And how do you reconcile the notion of taking the tax money of the average American, sending it upwards where tax-cuts are permanent, where it is not trickled down? It's an upward perverted sense of redistribution. Your need to cling to broken ideologies and false arguments of "the Left" is why you have been so easily manipulated into not seeing truths. You default to select politicized words, with clear enough definitions for all to understand, as a means to denigrate. If Jesus Christ was a Democrat (who was more the liberal) you would denigrate because of his unkept beard and redistribution of fish to the people because he didn't send the fish to the elite instead.
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-15-19 at 02:30 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1992~2012

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,731

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    I have never understood how you people think you can promote the idea that a Democrat's bank account matters, when you tripped all over yourselves for a silver-spooned elitist billionaire who helped create the swamp. And before this, Bush's oil money played not a factor in your shallow denigration. Do you see how this bit of BS is exposed?

    And let's not pretend that you are coming from a rational place. The fact that she is no longer a Republican is all it takes for you to irrationally complain (reference the above paragraph). I gave you examples of how she is not an ideologist, in the way that you meant it. Simply saying she is does not change her clear history:

    - Despite believing in Democracy, she is not a shallow NeoCon.
    - Despite teaching Sunday School for years, she is not a religious fanatic.
    - And since she has been both a Republican and Democrat, she is not a partisan hack who perverts her beliefs in accordance to the Party's line of the day.

    "Liz" is just another way of clinging to "Pocahontas," which is really the only level you bother with. You shouldn't use words like "redistribution" and "socialist" when you can't even identify it when you actually see it. What exactly do you think bail-outs to farmers are? Or bail-outs to banks that turn around and seize homes and small businesses? What do you think government subsidies to corporations are? What do you think tax-money going back to the people who pay it in select programs is? And how do you reconcile the notion of taking the tax money of the average American, sending it upwards where tax-cuts are permanent, where it is not trickled down? It's an upward perverted sense of redistribution. Your need to cling to broken ideologies and false arguments of "the Left" is why you have been so easily manipulated into not seeing truths. You default to select politicized words, with clear enough definitions for all to understand, as a means to denigrate. If Jesus Christ was a Democrat (who was more the liberal) you would denigrate because of his unkept beard and redistribution of fish to the people because he didn't send the fish to the elite instead.
    You gave me no example of why she is not an ideologue.

    Somehow you believe because she's very wealthy, used to be a Republican, and was (this is the funniest as to its significance - but they're all ridiculous) a Sunday school teacher, that shows she can't be a socialist ideologue today.
    Your claim doesn't make it so and what she used to be has no currency.

    You're the one who thinks her bloated bank account means she can't be an ideologue. That's bizarre thinking, my friend.
    Soros is a mulitibillionaire ... is he an ideologue?
    She's in sync with Bernie. Is Bernie an ideologue?

    What are her campaign positions that demonstrate she's not an ideologue ... today.

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  4. #44
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,946

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Nobody I've seen so far. Jury's still out on Butigeig.
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This seems less like palliative care and more like a last meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Parrots of the Caribbean For Abortion!
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #45
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,277

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Liz was a capitalist for herself when she was becoming a multimillionaire. Now she's a redistributionist for the election.
    Bernie's a multimillionaire too. Is he an ideologist?
    Liz Warren is an ideologist. There's no question.
    The fact that she's very wealthy is not evidence of otherwise.
    She's exposed her "rash and stubborn" decisions (policies) during the primary. To be fair, it's not clear how much of her healthy dose of socialist platform is genuine or a recognition that it's where the Party activists are.
    Either way if she gets the nod and runs on it she's dead skin & bones.

    What is a Trump supporter/defender think he's doing trying to say anything about a Democrat's bank account? Is the idea to stuff so much hypocrisy into one post that you manufacture the first internet-derived singularity?

  6. #46
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,277

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I asked for evidence. That means examples that demonstrate she's not ideological. Teaching at Harvard and other places aren't. I didn't ask for her resume.
    If you have come up empty you could have said that. I guess as someone said, it "was proven a bust".
    What the hell does that mean, "not ideological"? Is having developed an ideology supposed to be a bad thing, in which case even though you have come through life to believe in certain causes and ideals you have ideas but are not "ideological", but if someone's ideals and ideas puts them somewhere on the left, they no longer have ideas but are instead "ideological"?

    It's an idiotic labeling game, but then that's what a certain contingent likes to do. Can't argue in detail why someone's policy position is worse than one's own? Call them a socialist or a leftist and move on...








    "Ideologue" typically means "an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent of a particular ideology".

    Ideologue | Definition of Ideologue by Merriam-Webster

    Yet I daresay that Warren could make her case on any political point infinitely better than you, and I say that even though I don't agree with much of what she says and definitely do not want her as president (though I'd easily take her over the orange lout). Or perhaps we could watch you try to teach one of her Harvard classes.






    Like her and her ideas, or not, she isn't blindly anything.

    Then again those who defend Trump no matter what, those who love him for his claims to wealth but criticize Democrats for having any wealth, weeeeeeellll......


  7. #47
    Guru
    Cordelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,405

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Hate to say it.... but Trump will beat any of those three in this poll.

    Nominate any of those three and voter turn-out will be in the neighborhood of 40%.
    "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know." --- Lao Tzu

  8. #48
    Sporadic insanity normal.

    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    23,976

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherFease View Post
    I will do one for the GOP side, but I want to hear from people who are registered Democrats and/or people who plan on voting in the Democratic primaries.

    QUESTION ONE: If the vote came down to either Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, or Elizabeth Warren, which one would you choose?

    QUESTION TWO: Pick three of the candidates listed below, and rank them from best to worst. 1 being your favorite, 3 being your "worst" favorite.

    Joe Biden, former Vice President & former Delaware U.S Senator

    Cory Booker, New Jersey U.S Senator & former Mayor of Newark

    Pete Buttigieg, Mayor of South Bend Indiana & U.S Navy Lieutenant

    Julian Castro, former HUD Secretary & former Mayor of San Antonio

    Tulsi Gabbard, Member of the Hawaii House of Representatives & Major in the U.S Army

    Kamala Harris, California U.S Senator & former California Attorney General

    Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota U.S Senator & former County Attorney of Hennepin County

    Beto O'Rourke, former U.S House of Representative for Texas & former El Paso City Council member

    Bernie Sanders, Vermont U.S Senator & former Mayor of Burlington

    Tom Steyer, Impeach Trump Advocate

    Elizabeth Warren, Mass U.S Senator & former Advisor for the Consumer Financial Protections Bureau

    Marianne Williamson, The Power Crystal Lady

    Andrew Yang, Universal Basic Income Salesman
    Currently:
    Sanders
    Warren
    Not really sure on the 3rd - I like some things about 5 or so more candidates, but I also have some serious questions about/issues with them
    Gabbard
    Buttigieg
    Castro
    Harris
    Booker
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,731

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    What is a Trump supporter/defender think he's doing trying to say anything about a Democrat's bank account? Is the idea to stuff so much hypocrisy into one post that you manufacture the first internet-derived singularity?
    Just the balls-out Socialists.

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,731

    Re: Democratic Voters only poll: Who should win the Democratic nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    What the hell does that mean, "not ideological"? Is having developed an ideology supposed to be a bad thing, in which case even though you have come through life to believe in certain causes and ideals you have ideas but are not "ideological", but if someone's ideals and ideas puts them somewhere on the left, they no longer have ideas but are instead "ideological"?

    It's an idiotic labeling game, but then that's what a certain contingent likes to do. Can't argue in detail why someone's policy position is worse than one's own? Call them a socialist or a leftist and move on...








    "Ideologue" typically means "an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent of a particular ideology".

    Ideologue | Definition of Ideologue by Merriam-Webster

    Yet I daresay that Warren could make her case on any political point infinitely better than you, and I say that even though I don't agree with much of what she says and definitely do not want her as president (though I'd easily take her over the orange lout). Or perhaps we could watch you try to teach one of her Harvard classes.






    Like her and her ideas, or not, she isn't blindly anything.

    Then again those who defend Trump no matter what, those who love him for his claims to wealth but criticize Democrats for having any wealth, weeeeeeellll......

    It wasn't me who denied Liz was an ideologue. I know she either is, or is pretending to be, because her flavor of ideology is so au courant with her Party's real movers and shakers.

    Harvard you say? I'd love to teach her woodshop class.

    No problem with her wealth. Or Bernie's wealth. Or Soros' wealth. But what they do with it and what they say they want to do with yours is certainly worth examining ... doncha think?

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •