View Poll Results: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: Which is the Worst President Ever?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

    31 48.44%
  • Bush/Cheney

    11 17.19%
  • Other

    22 34.38%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

  1. #1
    Student Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    186

    Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    Which president deserves the title for the Worst President Ever? I put Cheney/Bush as one entity, because the vast majority of the decisions made during the Bush Admin were actually made by Cheney.

    The case for Bush/Cheney: Turned the tragedy of 9/11 against the American people and used it as leverage to launch an invasion against an uninvolved nation, killing at least a million innocent Iraqis, thousands of American soldiers, squandered trillions in American resources and destabilized a large region of the world -- vastly increasing terrorism, exacerbating the migration crisis, and strengthening Iran and Russia in the collateral effects.

    The case for Trump: Epic and almost comical mismanagement of the American government, unprecedented and unchecked corruption, transforming the Supreme Court and lower courts via the Federalist Society, exacerbating the partisan divide, fomenting overt White Nationalism, normalizing dictators and autocratic governments, alienating allies, and arguably cementing the decline of American influence and power throughout the world.

    Feel free to challenge or add to the 'cases' for the respective presidents. I'm adding an 'Other' category because many conservatives will write in 'Obama!' for what I can only assume is a non-racist reason.
    If the environment were a bank, it would have been bailed out already.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    60,813

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    Bush is the reason I no longer vote Republican. But even then, he's still better than Trump.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #3
    Student Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    186

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    I voted Bush/Cheney, because I am convinced by the case I made in the OP. Cheney is equal to John Bolton, and I have already publicly said that I'd prefer a President Trump to a President Bolton. Launching an unnecessary and unprovoked war had collateral consequences of such magnitude that Trump's corruption and rhetoric are almost quaint by comparison. I doubt Trump could have been elected had Bush/Cheney not initiated the series of events which began with the Iraq Invasion.
    If the environment were a bank, it would have been bailed out already.

  4. #4
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,619

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    Gotta love the choices to this poll, good thing "other" was given.

    Do you guys think a liberal created this poll ?

  5. #5
    Student Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    186

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Gotta love the choices to this poll, good thing "other" was given.
    Who did you write in?
    If the environment were a bank, it would have been bailed out already.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,423

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    The Iraq war was a horrible decision leading, and was Bush's largest mistake. Which I feel led to the relative decline of the US, due to the economic and political costs of it.
    Obama screwed up with Libya and Syria, while international refugee's crisis's were the result had little negative impact on the US overall

    Both were played by Russia, Bush with Georgia, Obama with Crimea (both issues should have been foreseen )

    Trump, is changing the global international order, which if Trump gets reelected may not be recoverable. US world leadership is on the table, for some that will be ideal for others a negative. He may also hasten the decline of the USD as the world reserve currency. That will reduce the ability of the government to borrow on international markets leading to a merging of GDP per capita and GDP (ppp) per capita comparisons

    Trump has also removed all of the norms of behavior for Presidents, being the most openly petty, and vindictive president (again openly) I can remember

    So based on that, Trump by far, even though some of his foreign policy decisions and actions I like more than what Bush and Obama had done. No new wars, fewer bombings far less physical interventions. I agree with talking to NK, even to Iran which seems to be something he is floating around. Talking to the Taliban while a good idea is most likely a waste. Any agreement with them would be broken within a few years (except ones regarding harbouring terrorists provided the US said that bombs will drop on the Taliban leadership if any were)
    Ignorance is Bliss, You seem very happy today

    Free Scotland

  7. #7
    User Gdjjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-13-19 @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    136

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    The Iraq war was a horrible decision leading, and was Bush's largest mistake. Which I feel led to the relative decline of the US, due to the economic and political costs of it.
    Obama screwed up with Libya and Syria, while international refugee's crisis's were the result had little negative impact on the US overall

    Both were played by Russia, Bush with Georgia, Obama with Crimea (both issues should have been foreseen )

    Trump, is changing the global international order, which if Trump gets reelected may not be recoverable. US world leadership is on the table, for some that will be ideal for others a negative. He may also hasten the decline of the USD as the world reserve currency. That will reduce the ability of the government to borrow on international markets leading to a merging of GDP per capita and GDP (ppp) per capita comparisons

    Trump has also removed all of the norms of behavior for Presidents, being the most openly petty, and vindictive president (again openly) I can remember

    So based on that, Trump by far, even though some of his foreign policy decisions and actions I like more than what Bush and Obama had done. No new wars, fewer bombings far less physical interventions. I agree with talking to NK, even to Iran which seems to be something he is floating around. Talking to the Taliban while a good idea is most likely a waste. Any agreement with them would be broken within a few years (except ones regarding harbouring terrorists provided the US said that bombs will drop on the Taliban leadership if any were)
    I didn't vote in your poll- that said lets look at this post. There are more than one problem but I'll focus on one- US leadership on the world stage- the best leadership is by example, not rhetoric- the example the US has set for generations is rule by force (see the spread west in the US for a starting place)- in a monkey see monkey do world what is expected of the follower monkeys when the leader monkey uses force to achieve a goal?
    All men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights- there are no caveats.
    Truth is constant, what was true yesterday is true today and will be true tomorrow.
    Knowledge evolves, is not biased in its origin, and can manifest itself in ways unimaginable.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,423

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Gdjjr View Post
    I didn't vote in your poll- that said lets look at this post. There are more than one problem but I'll focus on one- US leadership on the world stage- the best leadership is by example, not rhetoric- the example the US has set for generations is rule by force (see the spread west in the US for a starting place)- in a monkey see monkey do world what is expected of the follower monkeys when the leader monkey uses force to achieve a goal?
    Yes and no

    In western Europe, East Asia, and for the last 20 or so years eastern Europe, the US led by example, using it's high ground as a means of influence. Outside of those regions the US has used force, subversion and outright corruption of the leaders of countries to get its way. The second part will not change, but the first is. South Korea and Japan relations have drop to the lowest level I can recall in my lifetime. Western Europe I expect has the lowest opinion of the US in generations. Eastern Europe is still likely supportive of the US for security reasons
    Ignorance is Bliss, You seem very happy today

    Free Scotland

  9. #9
    Part of the Problem
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Blue Dot in a Red State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    33,130

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    Who did you write in?
    Ooh! Ooh! I know who he wrote, whether he admits it or not!

    New drinking game. Every time somebody says Yale, you take a shot. Pretty soon we can be as sloppy drunk as Brett Kavanaugh!

  10. #10
    Part of the Problem
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Blue Dot in a Red State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    33,130

    Re: Trump vs. Cheney/Bush: The Worst President Ever Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Gdjjr View Post
    I didn't vote in your poll- that said lets look at this post. There are more than one problem but I'll focus on one- US leadership on the world stage- the best leadership is by example, not rhetoric- the example the US has set for generations is rule by force (see the spread west in the US for a starting place)- in a monkey see monkey do world what is expected of the follower monkeys when the leader monkey uses force to achieve a goal?
    Governor DeSantis -- is that you??

    New drinking game. Every time somebody says Yale, you take a shot. Pretty soon we can be as sloppy drunk as Brett Kavanaugh!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •