View Poll Results: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Need more info

    6 6.82%
  • Yes, pro gun people should help fix the problem

    26 29.55%
  • No, they're not responsible in the slightest

    56 63.64%
Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 709

Thread: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

  1. #471
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115,052

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaBob View Post
    You are right it makes no sense. Why do you think that should be the solution for gun violence?
    I have no idea how you are connecting all this. It is your connections that are not making sense.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #472
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    NOW Beautiful Pasco County
    Last Seen
    10-13-19 @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,642

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Dont expect me to find the CDC either
    I believe you meant fund. If so, why wouldn't you want to fund the CDC?
    Regard
    ,CP

  3. #473
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,117
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by swing_voter View Post
    We have a problem with mass shootings, that much we all can agree on.

    We can mitigate the problem though legislation. Treat guns just like you treat cars, you need a license to operate a gun and the gun is registered.

    Nobody takes you guns away, you just have to do some paperwork every now and then.

    Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?
    You cannot reason with radicals on either side. The left wants all guns, sure you say they don't but talk to most of them and you find out. The right wants to do nothing, they want all their stuff. The politicians have a job to do and are afraid to offend their voters so they will not compromise to do anything. Congress gets paid way to much to do too little in many instances.

  4. #474
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    NOW Beautiful Pasco County
    Last Seen
    10-13-19 @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,642

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrityrespec View Post
    You cannot reason with radicals on either side. The left wants all guns, sure you say they don't but talk to most of them and you find out. The right wants to do nothing, they want all their stuff. The politicians have a job to do and are afraid to offend their voters so they will not compromise to do anything. Congress gets paid way to much to do too little in many instances.
    I think we need a very large tent public meeting, where you leave your preference (ideological) at the door and go in with an open mind to discuss both the current terrible situation of gun violence and the rights provided by the second amendment. A reasonable and considerate group would come out with a solution considering all the facts.
    There are no gun ownership advocates who don't hate mass killing, and I don't think all so-called anti-gun folk are against any gun ownership.I am sure of that.
    We need to leave the politicians in their mire where they are comfortable and get it done in spite of them.
    Regards,
    CP

  5. #475
    Educator BahamaBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    798

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea how you are connecting all this. It is your connections that are not making sense.
    You acknowledge that taking cars away from legal safe drivers to deter drunken drivers makes no sense. Why do you think taking guns away from legal safe gun owners will stop gun violence?

  6. #476
    Educator BahamaBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    798

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by concernedpuma View Post
    I think we need a very large tent public meeting, where you leave your preference (ideological) at the door and go in with an open mind to discuss both the current terrible situation of gun violence and the rights provided by the second amendment. A reasonable and considerate group would come out with a solution considering all the facts.
    There are no gun ownership advocates who don't hate mass killing, and I don't think all so-called anti-gun folk are against any gun ownership.I am sure of that.
    We need to leave the politicians in their mire where they are comfortable and get it done in spite of them.
    Regards,
    CP
    For a compromise, both sides have to give something. If I come to you and say give me a thousand dollars and you say no, then I say OK I'll settle for $500. That is not a compromise.

    That is what the anti gun crowd is trying to pull. They want to abuse the constitutional rights of gun owners. For it to be a compromise they need to give up some of their constitutional rights. Far in excess of 99% of all gun owners do not abuse their gun rights. Why should they be penalized for the less than 1% that do?

    What the pro gun crowd wants is to address the real problems and not try to scapegoat us.

  7. #477
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115,052

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaBob View Post
    You acknowledge that taking cars away from legal safe drivers to deter drunken drivers makes no sense. Why do you think taking guns away from legal safe gun owners will stop gun violence?
    Because a so called safe gun owner today may well be a killer tomorrow and then it is far too late to remove that gun after the carnage has been achieved.

    We do deny safe drivers cars that do not meet road safety standards. There are types of cars that you are not permitted to drive on the road if they do not meet certain laws and regulations. So you are proceeding from a false premise.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #478
    Educator

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because a so called safe gun owner today may well be a killer tomorrow and then it is far too late to remove that gun after the carnage has been achieved.

    We do deny safe drivers cars that do not meet road safety standards. There are types of cars that you are not permitted to drive on the road if they do not meet certain laws and regulations. So you are proceeding from a false premise.
    Not a false premise. A safe driver today could be a killer tomorrow. A safe car today could kill tomorrow. How many suicides each year by automobile? How many random people killed each year? People are arrested every day for driving without a license, driving under suspension, stealing cars.

    Ban the wheel.

    The difference the right to bear arms in in the constitution the wheel is not.

    Government can't keep criminals from the wheel how is it going to keep guns from criminals. Amazing how government can control the compliant and law abiding but is totally inept with the lawless. What you want is for the government and the lawless to have weapons and the rest of us to be sheep; compliant defenseless sheep.









    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  9. #479
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    219,499

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2 View Post
    Why would the gun advocates not want to be at a discussion about fixing the mass shooting problem? What ever plans are approved they will effect gun owners in some way. If they are not in on fixing the problem it may get "fixed" in ways that they don't like.

    It's not rocket science: if you have in interest in an issue and want a say in the solution you have to take some responsibility to be in on the discussion and planning.
    Most of us who support gun rights understand that whenever a gun banner talks about solving a problem-the problem they really mean is not some crazy who ignores the consequences of being convicted of mass murder, but rather what Gun banners see as a real problem: lawful gun ownership and the voting patterns of gun owners.

    The anti gun left only pushes for laws that are designed to restrict the legal activities of lawful people. And again , that is because the anti gun movement is not about crime control but rather, it is an arm of the Democrat party and it exists to harass those of us who have voted against Democrats ever since that party pretended it was doing SOMETHING about crime by adopting gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  10. #480
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,616

    Re: Do pro gun people have some responsibility to fix the mass shooting problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaBob View Post
    For a compromise, both sides have to give something. If I come to you and say give me a thousand dollars and you say no, then I say OK I'll settle for $500. That is not a compromise.

    That is what the anti gun crowd is trying to pull. They want to abuse the constitutional rights of gun owners. For it to be a compromise they need to give up some of their constitutional rights. Far in excess of 99% of all gun owners do not abuse their gun rights. Why should they be penalized for the less than 1% that do?

    What the pro gun crowd wants is to address the real problems and not try to scapegoat us.
    There is no need to compromise. Trump did not compromise when he banned bumpstocks and massacre mitch will not compromise when he enacts gun control

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •