View Poll Results: Because of his MAGA slogan, does Trump hate america?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 33.33%
  • No

    44 58.67%
  • Nit sure

    6 8.00%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 201

Thread: Does Trump Hate America?

  1. #31
    Educator Old 'N Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    620

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    I voted yes, he hates that America isn't as white as it used to be, so in his small mind and the minds of many of his worshipers (obviously), making America great again by making it as white as possible again. The reason he thinks that America isn't as great as it once was, because whites are becoming the minority in this country, and those with the KKK mentality can't handle it.

    They elevate themselves above those who don't have the same color skin, even though the elevation is delusional. Most reasonable Americans know that we are all people, all flesh and blood, all with emotions and equal mental capabilities. The racist in chief, the new GOP and his other followers are all of the same mindset, you ain't white, get the f*** outta my country.

    Last edited by Old 'N Chill; 07-19-19 at 11:48 AM.
    "Live and Let Live"

  2. #32
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    47,356

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Trump have been very critical of America. That means he hates it. It cannot be anymore obvious.
    Wrong.

    Trump has NOT been very critical of America. He has been very critical of "people" who have done bad things for America.

    For example...

    All administrations, from Obama and back, have failed to effectively address illegal immigration. Trump has criticized those administrations, but he has not criticized America for illegal immigration.

    Do you understand the difference?
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  3. #33
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    08-22-19 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    189

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Hmmmmm... so wait a minute here. Are you saying one can be critical of the US without hating it? Like silently taking a knee during the anthem to try and bring attention to things that are wrong in America? Or like words of the 4 visible minority congresswomen who are critically looking to better things? Is that what you are saying????
    Apparently in your world there is white. There is black. Gray doesn't exist. I reject your point of view in the strongest possible terms because it is devoid of reason and logic.


    Now you begin to insert words into my mouth and change the topic. Classic tactic of those who are losing the debate...

  4. #34
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,721
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Since the beginning, Trump's slogan has been 'Make American Great Again.' That is basically saying that Trump-- at some point--didn't believe that America was great. That it had lost its greatness. That it was lost and failing. That it basically sucked ass. Because of this, I cannot help but believe that Trump hates America. That is the only logical conclusion in my view. What do you say?
    Because Trump like many people looked at the decline in our economic strength, our decline in military strenght and our cowering to foreign nations as losing. Making America great again means a return to strength and looking at what has happened, he got it correct. Best economy in decades and best military, not to mention job growth and dealing with rogue nations. Winning is fun, fun, fun.

  5. #35
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,721
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuber View Post
    Apparently in your world there is white. There is black. Gray doesn't exist. I reject your point of view in the strongest possible terms because it is devoid of reason and logic.


    Now you begin to insert words into my mouth and change the topic. Classic tactic of those who are losing the debate...
    LOL! Debate? Democrats don't debate, they whine, they distort, they lie, but they don't debate. Debate requires backing up your premise with fact not opinion and emotional outcrys. When the facts don't match the democrats go to "my truth", which we all know is code for "I'm starting to lie and distort now."

  6. #36
    Sage
    Amelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,106

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    I don't think he hates America. He just doesn't understand what "We the people..." stands for and what it means.
    Yes.

    I also don't think he hates America. I think he's a non-self-aware hypocrite who lies a lot to get attention. Unable to see the connection between someone saying MAGA and someone outside his base pointing out specifics where America needs improving. He lies about those other people hating America. Lies about the evidence he supposedly has to justify claiming they hate America. Just lies. To try to fill the void in his paradoxically empty life.


    He's too self-absorbed to really care about America except in the sense of using it as a prop to help him shake his deep subconscious realization that he's worthless. He lurches from frustration to frustration because he knows he stumbled into the presidency and has earned the scorn of the world. He hates that, but won't do anything to become a better person and better leader to actually earn greater approval. So he stews in his bile and lashes out at people who actually have substance ... to try to get more attention for himself ... and hopefully to try to stop the others from getting the positive attention that he envies. It doesn't work. He creates sympathy for them, and it frustrates him all the more.

    A vicious cycle.

    With no room left over for any real feeling for America.

  7. #37
    Professor
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    08-21-19 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,223

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Since the beginning, Trump's slogan has been 'Make American Great Again.' That is basically saying that Trump-- at some point--didn't believe that America was great. That it had lost its greatness. That it was lost and failing. That it basically sucked ass. Because of this, I cannot help but believe that Trump hates America. That is the only logical conclusion in my view. What do you say?
    I have little doubt that he would consider destroying this country to save himself. Let's see how he responds should he lose re-election.

  8. #38
    Professor
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    08-21-19 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,223

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrityrespec View Post
    Because Trump like many people looked at the decline in our economic strength, our decline in military strenght and our cowering to foreign nations as losing. Making America great again means a return to strength and looking at what has happened, he got it correct. Best economy in decades and best military, not to mention job growth and dealing with rogue nations. Winning is fun, fun, fun.
    He inherited a healthy economy. There is no indication our military was weak. His dealings with rogue nations have made the world more dangerous. This is just mindless blather.

    We are, in fact seeing a decline in the quality of life under Trump. And that includes the degradation of our environment and the health problems associated with it.
    Last edited by j brown's body; 07-19-19 at 12:12 PM.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    08-07-19 @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,873

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Pres. Trump doesn't hate America. What he hates is the "condition of America" as it is today.

    I've believed from the start that Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan (something he ripped off from former President Ronald Reagan, btw) is nothing more than a racial smoke screen. It's a coded message to his white voter base to "take the country back" to an time that to them was more ideal, where "white power" was unapologetic and unafraid to march in the streets and put its brutality on full display, where women and minorities where second to any white man regardless of their status in life.

    Trump sees America in three colors - black, white and green. But it's the white and green that shine brights in his eyes. He loves America, of that I'm sure. He just holds a darker, more separatist vision of American than I do.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  10. #40
    Running Against the Wind

    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Magnificent Rocky Mountains
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,853

    Re: Does Trump Hate America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    I don't think he hates America. He just doesn't understand what "We the people..." stands for and what it means.
    this^^^
    Alice: " How long is forever ?".....White Rabbit: "Sometimes just a second. "

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •