View Poll Results: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    75 78.13%
  • No

    16 16.67%
  • I don’t know

    2 2.08%
  • Other

    3 3.13%
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 449

Thread: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

  1. #1
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-Socialist
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso Strong
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    51,113

    Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

    Attaching poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.

  2. #2
    XGOP
    NeverTrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    23,121
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

    Attaching poll.
    Did he make it clear though???
    When this is all over, nobody will admit to ever having supported it. -- David Frum

  3. #3
    Guru
    Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,951

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

    Attaching poll.
    Agreed. It should not have been said or encouraged. I think Ilhan Omar is a horrible person who believes in horrible things, and I can only hope she loses her Congressional seat (which she probably won't), but I do not agree with people chanting "Send her back!" any more than I agree with people chanting "Rape her!"
    It’s in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, it’s easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  4. #4
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-Socialist
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso Strong
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    51,113

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrump View Post
    Did he make it clear though???
    He said he wasn’t happy with it. That’s pretty clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    17,522

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

    Attaching poll.
    Have you seen both the chant segment and the walk back? They don’t compute. After the crowd starts, Trump backs away from the podium and basks in the crowd. When he starts speaking again, it is more vitriol. Somebody got in his ear and recommended he walk it back.

    Aside; does any other world leader get these type of questions while welcoming other world leaders?
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny,too.” -George Thorogood

  6. #6
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    60,563

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrump View Post
    Did he make it clear though???
    Depends on your definition of "clear". He did disavow it.

    Trump send her back chant: President disavows chant despite remaining silent and starting racist attacks - CNNPolitics

    President Donald Trump claimed Thursday to be unhappy that his rally crowd broke out into chants of "send her back" as he denigrated a Democratic lawmaker he'd previously said should leave the US.

    "I was not happy with it. I disagree with it. But again, I didn't say that, they did," Trump said at the White House a day after the rally, when a crowded arena in North Carolina began the thundering chant as he assailed Rep. Ilhan Omar, a freshman Minnesota Democrat.
    But then again...

    Speaking to reporters, Trump claimed to have attempted to stop the chant Wednesday night by resuming his speech, though he waited 12 seconds before speaking as the crowd loudly shouted the three words.

    In the lull, Trump appeared to listen, letting the chant gain momentum, before resuming his speech, which continued with a litany of complaints against Omar and the other lawmakers.
    and...

    Later in his remarks, Trump encouraged his audience to "tell them to leave" the US if they continue to criticize him.

    "They are always telling us how to run it, how to do this. You know what? If they don't love it, tell them to leave it," Trump said.
    So after the fact he did say he was not happy about it. In the moment it doesn't seem quite so clear that he was unhappy with the chant.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    112,799

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Of course it went to far and of course it will become a standard part of future Trump rallies.

    Oh wait! I forgot! Trump has pretended to disavow it.

    Nice to know all is right in the universe.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #8
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56,117

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

    Attaching poll.
    The gas lighting in your post just created a tear in the fabric of space.

  9. #9
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    08-09-19 @ 02:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,644

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

    Attaching poll.
    Not strong enough for our zero college white boys and Texas squatter

  10. #10
    Bieseged by Radical Left
    Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Trump spends a few minutes railing against her.. being a demagogue and then acts surprised when his followers respond.. priceless.
    Hurricanes are tremendously wet from the standpoint of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShangles View Post
    It’s all according to who they ask those questions, some collage full of liberals?
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    The Bolsheviks have taken over the House and are on target to assassinate the sitting US President.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •