View Poll Results: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    75 78.13%
  • No

    16 16.67%
  • I don’t know

    2 2.08%
  • Other

    3 3.13%
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 449

Thread: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

  1. #241
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    189

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    In the case at hand, we can read between the lines
    This is where your argument fails. It demonstrates your bias, not your logic.

  2. #242
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-Socialist
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso Strong
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Cool story. It wasn't me so I'm not sure why you said that. But since we are talking about it, did anyone yell at her to "go back" when she was complaining about Obama or claiming he was born in Kenya?
    Hard to say. I don’t recall her doing either. The post was really just a joke anyway. I guess an attempt to give us a taste of our own medicine or something which might have backfired because I didn’t feel it was a big deal. If y’all don’t want her, send her to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.

  3. #243
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-Socialist
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso Strong
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think that if the "squad" as they ware called were all "USA, **** yeah, but f Trump in the a", he'd still be trying to make a huge deal out of it. Maybe even spinning the whole "go back to where you came from" thing as well. I don't think it has to do with how much one cheers for America, and I don't see these folk cheering against America, just looking at ways they think they could improve it (whether we agree politically with those ideals or not).

    It all has to do with criticism of Trump. Trump has a shallow, fragile ego that cannot stand to people being critical of him, and he'll attack anyone who is critical of him in any way possible. The most patriotic, pro-American individual could be critical of Trump and he ain't getting the keys to the White House, but rather some childish, name-calling tweet sent their way.
    I’d agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.

  4. #244
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    61,288

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Hard to say. I don’t recall her doing either. The post was really just a joke anyway. I guess an attempt to give us a taste of our own medicine or something which might have backfired because I didn’t feel it was a big deal. If y’all don’t want her, send her to me.
    You don't recall the First Lady joining her husband in the Birther conspiracy? She did.

    I don't "want" her, but only because she isn't my type. But if my husband pisses me off, I may go gay. I'll try to hook you up with her if I can.
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  5. #245
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You want me to say that the whole “love it or leave it” thing is per se racist and, no, I don’t think is. If the “squad” was 4 white dudes from Whitelandia constantly speaking about the evil that is the US while benefiting from being here, he’d do the same and on the flip side, if the squad was all, “USA, **** yeah” or especially “Trump, **** yeah” he’d give them the keys to the White House.
    He didn't say "love it or leave it." I know you guys want to pretend he didn't say what he did, and the crowd said something other than what they chanted, but what he did do was suggest these women, all of them non-white, to go back to their ****hole countries, and when they accomplish some task, then they will welcome back here. These are citizens. Members of Congress.

    For some reason Trump has NOT said to Schiff or any white person - go back to the ****hole country from where you came! One of his crowds whipped into a frenzy has not chanted, "Send him back!" to Schiff. What we're supposed to do is pretend that this is all coincidence, even when we can go on YouTube and see that this is in fact common for dumbass racists, to tell non-whites - "GO BACK!!!

    Here's a radical idea. Ask, "What Would a Knuckle Dragging Dumbass Racist/Bigot Do" and then don't do that. Seems like a pretty low bar for the President of the United States. But of course it's not. We now have half the country happily letting Trump drag the country into a putrid, crap filled ditch, and defending him at every step of the way.

    As to your last point, yeah, great point. It's akin to, "I can't be racist because, look, I have these black/brown friends!"

  6. #246
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    189

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The problem is YouTube is full of examples, and we've all seen them, of dumbass racists/bigots screaming to some non-white - "Go back to ______!" It's so common there's no need to even post them, it's a dog bites man story - racist telling a Hispanic to go back to Mexico. Ho hum, in other news it's Friday.

    It appears to be a universal experience of people with obviously ethnic backgrounds, and those in the public eye claim to hear it daily or weekly as a routine part of their hate mail.

    So when it's something racist/bigots say to non-whites on a very regular basis, and it is, then it's actually fair to ascribe the common use of the tactic to a display of racism or bigotry, and in this case Trump used it to target a black woman, a Hispanic and two Muslims one of them also black. The crowd chanted it at a black Muslim.

    We should all be able to call that what it is, and if it's not racism/bigotry, it's indistinguishable from countless acts of racism and bigotry and we're all supposed to pretend that the ethnicity of these women was just a coincidence. Could be true, but if you don't want to be mistaken for a racist/bigot, it's a good idea not to parrot what they say.
    You choose to see skin color when it was never referenced by Trump (bias, yours). The common theme with all of the women in question is that they have all spoken poorly of this country. One defends known terrorist organizations, one refers to court mandated holding facilities as concentration camps, one is such a bigot herself that she insists that all black and brown people must think like her. These statements are of far greater concern than Trump saying these women can leave if they don't like it here. Especially from federal policy makers.

  7. #247
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Y’know someone posted that about the First Lady in this very thread.
    Sarcasm/irony. Look it up.

  8. #248
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,248

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Hard to say. I don’t recall her doing either. The post was really just a joke anyway. I guess an attempt to give us a taste of our own medicine or something which might have backfired because I didn’t feel it was a big deal. If y’all don’t want her, send her to me.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire

  9. #249
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-Socialist
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso Strong
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You don't recall the First Lady joining her husband in the Birther conspiracy? She did.

    I don't "want" her, but only because she isn't my type. But if my husband pisses me off, I may go gay. I'll try to hook you up with her if I can.
    Arrange that and I’ll tell Donald to go **** himself personally. It’s nice to see you post with some levity, Tres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.

  10. #250
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-Socialist
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso Strong
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    That, in law, is referred to as “arguing in the alternative.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •