View Poll Results: Opinion on Trump's comments on Congress Women

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    15 26.79%
  • Disagree

    41 73.21%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 205

Thread: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,400

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I don't understand why it's "racist"--shouldn't it be "jingoistic" or "xenophobic" because race and national origin aren't the same?
    So you admit it is bigotry of some sort then

  2. #32
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    08-23-19 @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,602

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    His latest racist idiocy hasn't changed my opinion of him much. I still consider him to be a national disgrace pretty much like before.
    True but this takes it a step further especially for American born citizens who have heard crap like "go back to your country" our whole lives. It's absolutely disgusting the President would resort to that kind of talk and it makes my opinion of Trump even worse, if that's possible. **** him.
    I am the Chosen One


    _____________________________________________

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,613

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    True but this takes it a step further especially for American born citizens who have heard crap like "go back to your country" our whole lives. It's absolutely disgusting the President would resort to that kind of talk and it makes my opinion of Trump even worse, if that's possible. **** him.
    It's possible that my opinion of him could be lower, but since it's already floating somewhere over China, it's difficult to measure at this point. The Trump cult era is a sad and disgusting time for our country.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    47,444

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You are the only person on the planet who does not know who these tweets were directed at. Lol
    Ridiculous.

    But it's true that I am one of only a few people on this forum who are not inclined to make **** up.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  5. #35
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    47,444

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes he did. What congresswomen specifically was he talking to then?
    Can you read? He said, specifically, "who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe".

    So no, he was not talking about anyone born in the US. He wasn't talking about anyone who originally came from a country who's government is not a complete and total catastrophe. He wasn't talking about anything other than exactly what he said.

    Since you insist on making **** up, you are dismissed.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    8,657

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Trump did not use "racist language". He did not tell "natural born Americans" to do anything.

    Seriously, you two should get off that Trump-hating media you are addicted to. It's rotting your brains...making you believe lies. You deserve better for yourselves.

    Anyway, in response to the poll, I neither agree nor disagree with what Trump tweeted because I understand WHY he made those tweets. I understand his purpose for making those tweets. That is what's important. Not the content of the tweets.

    Don't get so caught up with the rhetoric. Look to the motivation and the goal.

    And please...don't make **** up.
    Agree. The question is loaded and not valid. Maybe CNN didn't inform the OP that Trump said COME BACK after to fix things. Trump comes from an era where is wasn't racist to say, "America, love it or leave it".
    If you want to see what a racist rant looks like, look no further than what Ayanna Pressley had to say about her virulent brand of racist, identity politics. Basically, Uncle Toms need not apply.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    47,444

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    So, are you arguing that Trump thinks that America under his Administration is a complete and total catastrophe, the most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world?
    No. I've said nothing of the kind.

    I'm guessing you are one of those people who think Trump is talking about some specific person who was born in America in his tweet. That would be right in line with this nonsense you just posted to me.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  8. #38
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,233

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Trump did not use "racist language". He did not tell "natural born Americans" to do anything.

    Seriously, you two should get off that Trump-hating media you are addicted to. It's rotting your brains...making you believe lies. You deserve better for yourselves.

    Anyway, in response to the poll, I neither agree nor disagree with what Trump tweeted because I understand WHY he made those tweets. I understand his purpose for making those tweets. That is what's important. Not the content of the tweets.

    Don't get so caught up with the rhetoric. Look to the motivation and the goal.

    And please...don't make **** up.
    What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??-f49546c7ebf3623985b24ec0227e6528-jpg

  9. #39
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    47,444

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
    Agree. The question is loaded and not valid. Maybe CNN didn't inform the OP that Trump said COME BACK after to fix things. Trump comes from an era where is wasn't racist to say, "America, love it or leave it".
    If you want to see what a racist rant looks like, look no further than what Ayanna Pressley had to say about her virulent brand of racist, identity politics. Basically, Uncle Toms need not apply.
    There are no "Pressley-haters" in the media, so she gets away with that kind of blatant racism. Not so with Trump.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  10. #40
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,233

    Re: What's your opinion on Trump's controversial comments on Congress Women??

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    No. I've said nothing of the kind.

    I'm guessing you are one of those people who think Trump is talking about some specific person who was born in America in his tweet. That would be right in line with this nonsense you just posted to me.
    OK, he said, "So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)..."

    He's being very specific there. If not the four identified, who was he referring to in that Tweet?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •