View Poll Results: I am a Republican and:

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm not fed up with Trump.

    23 76.67%
  • I'm not fed up with Trump, but he should be removed from office.

    0 0%
  • I want Trump impeached, but not removed from office.

    3 10.00%
  • I want Trump removed from office.

    4 13.33%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 132

Thread: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,260

    [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    It appears there are Republicans for whom Trump's shenanigans, reprehensibility, banality, etc., topped off by the Mueller Report, is beyond the pale. Those GOP-ers are ready to see Trump impeached.

    I wonder what proximate share of DP's participating GOP-ers they comprise, thus this thread. Do any such GOP-ers even participate here?


    Poll Question (BTW, if you're not a Republican, don't vote in the poll.):

    I am a Republican and:

    1. I'm not fed up with Trump.
    2. I'm not fed up with Trump, but he should be removed from office.
    3. I want Trump impeached, but not removed from office.
    4. I want Trump removed from office.

  2. #2
    Guru
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    05-23-19 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,997

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    I see the question you are asking. Just wondering if limiting it to Repubs instead of the general right might limit your responses. I know why you want their specific opinion, but a lot of folks who are repubs don't admit it and might not vote.
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!


    Support Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!

  3. #3
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,909
    Blog Entries
    3

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    I'm voting for Trump and Democrat fascist-socialist radicals pursuing impeachment will assure his re-election - so go for it!

    Impeachment proceedings in the House of Representatives or even just pursuing it assures the most offensive, extreme fascist-socialists will not only control the Democratic primary but also will be the voice and face of the Democratic Party.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,701

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    I know that after all this talk, I just wanna impeach somebody. Anybody. I didn't get all likkered up fur nuthin.

  5. #5
    Disappointed in Trump
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    05-17-19 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,240

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    They're going to answer that they want Trump impeached but not removed from office as they think that benefits them politically not because they think he should be impeached.

    Polling shows ~41 percent support for impeachment so if you think it's going to happen you're dreaming. Democrats will just talk about it for months until it peters out. They'll do the most important investigations that damage Trump but keep it to a minimum so as to not annoy the public with too much of it.
    "Injustice anywhere, is a threat to justice everywhere" MLK

  6. #6
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,458

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    I voted to impeach but not remove because it will force the democrats to put up or shut up, and at the same time give the Republicans a chance to make their argument. After all, it's been a one sided accusation chorus except for Fox news. If they impeach all the networks are going to have to broadcast the republican argument, with proof of the entire story of the coup. And by then there will be some of the players facing charges.

    The actual plan for the democrats is to launch it three months before the election, and slow walk it to prevent the counter argument from the Republicans by not letting it go to the Senate for a vote.

    It's a dangerous strategy that I don't think will work. If this is the new method of replacing leaders, then America has truly lost it's will to live and our enemies will further us the opposing party as useful idiots to advance their own national goals. The more the country is divided, the less resistance our enemies face.
    Pelosi and Biden look like they are in a Visiting Angles commercial!
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.

  7. #7
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,026

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I'm voting for Trump and Democrat fascist-socialist radicals pursuing impeachment will assure his re-election - so go for it!

    Impeachment proceedings in the House of Representatives or even just pursuing it assures the most offensive, extreme fascist-socialists will not only control the Democratic primary but also will be the voice and face of the Democratic Party.
    A lot of people think that impeachment would backfire on Democrats like the impeachment of Clinton backfired on Republicans. That's not necessarily true. Clinton's approval ratings were in the 60's during impeachment. Trumps are low 40's and high 30's. If this continues, impeachment may not affect the Democrats that much. I actually don't favor impeachment so much as thorough investigation. Air all the dirty laundry and let the people decide.

  8. #8
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,909
    Blog Entries
    3

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    Trump has been pounding Russia with sanctions and reversed Obama's policy of giving Putin any new territory he wants and pounding Russia with sanctions particularly against Russia oil, crushing Russia's economy and directly hitting Putin's personal income and power by doing so.

    No one more supports impeaching President Trump than Putin - and Democrats (like always) are doing exactly everything he wants. Russians didn't pour over $100 million dollars into Democrat coffers for nothing.
    Last edited by joko104; 04-23-19 at 12:38 PM.

  9. #9
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,909
    Blog Entries
    3

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    A lot of people think that impeachment would backfire on Democrats like the impeachment of Clinton backfired on Republicans. That's not necessarily true. Clinton's approval ratings were in the 60's during impeachment. Trumps are low 40's and high 30's. If this continues, impeachment may not affect the Democrats that much. I actually don't favor impeachment so much as thorough investigation. Air all the dirty laundry and let the people decide.
    Except:
    1. This silences Democrats on all other issues
    2. It keeps AOC and other Democrat radicals being the voice and face of the Democratic Party
    3. Impeachment then would lead to the US Senate, where Trump wins.

    In addition, this all but forces AG Barr to investigate Democrats - making it a redo of 2016 as far as issues are concerned, but this time Trump has the power of the presidency.

    The Democratic Party has a serious problem with falling for their own hype in their own echo chamber - something only fools do.

  10. #10
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,073

    re: [W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    I voted to impeach but not remove because it will force the democrats to put up or shut up, and at the same time give the Republicans a chance to make their argument. After all, it's been a one sided accusation chorus except for Fox news. If they impeach all the networks are going to have to broadcast the republican argument, with proof of the entire story of the coup. And by then there will be some of the players facing charges.

    The actual plan for the democrats is to launch it three months before the election, and slow walk it to prevent the counter argument from the Republicans by not letting it go to the Senate for a vote.

    It's a dangerous strategy that I don't think will work. If this is the new method of replacing leaders, then America has truly lost it's will to live and our enemies will further us the opposing party as useful idiots to advance their own national goals. The more the country is divided, the less resistance our enemies face.
    There is no mathematical strategy in which impeachment helps Democratic candidates. It might be helpful to Democratic candidates, but nobody can really quantify that mathematically. So any projection of how Democrats plan to capitalize on impeachment is paranoia.

    Also, if you're going to say that impeachment will force Democrats to "put up or shut up," then by extension it will do that for Republicans as well. They've been furrowing their brows and saying how "worrying" Trump's actions and behavior have been for the last two years. Let's see what all that brow-furrowing was really worth. My guess? Not very much.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •