View Poll Results: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    37 43.02%
  • No

    28 32.56%
  • I donít know

    2 2.33%
  • I mean, it makes sense

    12 13.95%
  • Other

    7 8.14%
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 340

Thread: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

  1. #271
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109,127

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    They chose to designate themselves as such, and they didn't ask anyone either.
    You are badly conflating two different issues.

    As far as I know, the Federal government has not contended in court the power of the cities to designate themselves.

    The issue of cooperation between different levels of government is quite apart and separate.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #272
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-Socialist
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    04-22-19 @ 06:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    49,149

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Bullying liars are spineless.

    Attachment 67254973
    Since you decided to make it personal when I didnít, you and your double standards can sit and spin in misery daily for all I care. I have learned a lot about Dems with this presidency and itís that a whole lot of you were full of **** during the last administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Letís just call only racists ó racists ó trump = desantis = Every Repub running for office

  3. #273
    Professor
    antiquity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Northwest Peninsula
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,677

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I want to note I had a lot of responses in this thread that I am not going to answer.

    This kind of idea of relocating people is illegal for a reason. I get many arguments from the same people who quoted me that they don't like illegals because they are breaking the law by being here illegally and we are a nation of laws so don't come at me with an idea that breaks the law but "makes sense" to you. That you are willing to bend a law because it makes sense to you to bus illegals to a sanctuary city or just stick it to the left wing hypocrites in those cities makes you just as bad as those illegals who are willing to bend a law to cross a border illegally.
    A California City Revolts Against Undocumented Immigrants!

    Now Long and Murrieta, a midsize city about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, have become a new flash point in the fierce and often contentious debate over how to handle a recent crush of children and families streaming across the Mexican border. In whatís been called a humanitarian crisis, from October 2013 to June 2014, more than 50,000 unaccompanied minors were caught illegally crossing the border, according to federal officials. More than half of the children came from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, seeking refuge from violence in their home countries and lured by rumors that itís easy to obtain legal status in the U.S.
    California: Murrieta Revolts Against Undocumented Immigrants | Time

    Note the date was during the Obama administration. Strangely democrats were quiet as a church mouse.

    Obama Extends Somali 'Protected Status' Before Exit

  4. #274
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    13,635

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    How many illegals poured in just last month? Lets do math together using the facts and see if math is your friend or mine.
    Your point was about the character of the people entering the US. On that point you are terribly mis-informed, which was my point. The immigrants coming to the US from the south are not a danger to our people....

    As to the sudden surge.... yes, what is that all about? The previous president presided over a positive trend that reduced border crossings to about 10% of what they were in the 2000's...... this president has presided over a surge. Could it be that cutting aid to the Central American countries was a very bad idea? It seems like it as it appears that it made the situation dire for those that chose to abandon their lives and move north. It seems that Trump has unilaterally created the very problem he is now crying about.

    Since our aid was less than $1B, which is far, far less than his wall. He cuts a little bit of aid and creates a huge problem for himself.

    Trump cuts aid to Central American countries as migrant crisis deepens - Reuters

    Trump Wants to Cut Aid to Central America. Here Are Some of the Dozens of U.S.-Funded Programs. - The New York Times

    Did Trump do this deliberately to create a problem to deflect from his other problems? It seems that every time he is trouble, a new problem emerges, usually around the border (see also caravan prior to mid-term elections). If he is doing that, he should be impeached.

    Kindly explain how this matter was under control during the Obama administration and now it is out of control under Trump. My test hypothesis: The President is an idiot!
    Last edited by upsideguy; 04-15-19 at 01:46 PM.

    Donald J. Trump, Franchisee
    Member of the Vladimir Putin Franchise System
    All dictatorships are locally owned and operated




  5. #275
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,747

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Since you decided to make it personal when I didn’t, you and your double standards can sit and spin in misery daily for all I care. I have learned a lot about Dems with this presidency and it’s that a whole lot of you were full of **** during the last administration.
    Wrong again. Not a Dem. How cute.
    You have learned nothing but to choke on your partisan ignorance.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn
    Ted Cassidy's character is a pussy.

  6. #276
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-Socialist
    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    04-22-19 @ 06:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    49,149

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Wrong again. Not a Dem. How cute.
    You have learned nothing but to choke on your partisan ignorance.
    Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Letís just call only racists ó racists ó trump = desantis = Every Repub running for office

  7. #277
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    13,635

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    Actually there is a basis for his core opinion, one that only needs a little deductive reasoning. Regardless of the crime numbers and rates of crime by immigrants (legal and illegal) those numbers represent offenses that would not have happened had those immigrants never been permitted into the country. And to the degree that some or many of those crimes have been directed against native born Americans, the American victims can thank liberals, democrats, and open borders libertarians for not taking actions to prevent their victimhood.

    An honest accounting, with or without out statistics, must recognize that undeniable fact.
    That is true, but that is also an argument for no more immigrants, no more tourists, no more births, no more foreigners visiting for any reason. If we have no foreigners in our country, they can not commit crimes in our country. If no one drove a motor vehicle, we would have no auto accidents. Yes, if we refuse to move forward with anything new, then that new thing can't hurt us. Really, its all a rather silly extrapolation.

    The fact is that, as a population Latin American immigrants, legal or illegal, are less dangerous to Americans than native born Americans (see my previous posts in this thread for cites). Worrying about this group of people bringing crime here is debunked as a rationale for failing to live up to our duty as Christians, which includes welcoming foreigners.

    Now, one thing that is an undeniable fact, having fewer Latino immigrants means a slower growth in the Latino population. Now that is a problem to many Americans and a reason many want to seal the border at all costs. Now, I am not saying you, but bigotry is a (probably the) primary reason that people want to seal the border.

    There is a humanitarian crisis in Central America. It has been the rich tradition of America to embrace those that are persecuted elsewhere, except when we let our bigotry get in the way of what is right.

    Now, this problem (immigration pressure at our southern border) was substantially under control at the end of the Obama administration (10% of what it was a decade prior), but somehow Trump made a mess of it. Likely when he cut aid to Central America, making a bad situation worse. Perhaps he did the intentionally to make a problem where there was none, but it seems re-instating the aid (and then some hands on help) would likely return this to "not a problem" status.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 04-15-19 at 03:27 PM.

    Donald J. Trump, Franchisee
    Member of the Vladimir Putin Franchise System
    All dictatorships are locally owned and operated




  8. #278
    Professor uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,194

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Even though that Sanctuary Cities would seem in theory the better place for them, it's moot because it was never a serious idea. Trump said it in a fit of pique and likely as his next 'crisis' to deflect from his mounting legal concerns.
    Now listen Donald, stay focused, hold it together. Put down the bucket of chicken. Stop tweeting. Go into the next bedroom. Get under the bed. Calm down. Now the next part is very important...

    They're going to see your tax returns

  9. #279
    Sage AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    5,021

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Your point was about the character of the people entering the US. On that point you are terribly mis-informed, which was my point. The immigrants coming to the US from the south are not a danger to our people....

    As to the sudden surge.... yes, what is that all about? The previous president presided over a positive trend that reduced border crossings to about 10% of what they were in the 2000's...... this president has presided over a surge. Could it be that cutting aid to the Central American countries was a very bad idea? It seems like it as it appears that it made the situation dire for those that chose to abandon their lives and move north. It seems that Trump has unilaterally created the very problem he is now crying about.

    Since our aid was less than $1B, which is far, far less than his wall. He cuts a little bit of aid and creates a huge problem for himself.

    Trump cuts aid to Central American countries as migrant crisis deepens - Reuters

    Trump Wants to Cut Aid to Central America. Here Are Some of the Dozens of U.S.-Funded Programs. - The New York Times

    Did Trump do this deliberately to create a problem to deflect from his other problems? It seems that every time he is trouble, a new problem emerges, usually around the border (see also caravan prior to mid-term elections). If he is doing that, he should be impeached.

    Kindly explain how this matter was under control during the Obama administration and now it is out of control under Trump. My test hypothesis: The President is an idiot!
    I asked you a direct question. You wrote everything except for the answer. Which are you afraid of...the math or the facts?

  10. #280
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    502

    Re: Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by <alt>doxygen View Post
    So if the FedGov (Trump) takes illegals (undocumented) and plops them in some random place where folks who won't worship Donny properly live, will they become legal/documented? Did donny's fedgov just commit a crime???

    This is all so insane...

    If they Rape and Muder will Fox and the right wing media cover it?
    Again, they are using kids because the US cannot legally be deported. Relocating them to sanctuary cities makes sense. It's not "plopping them in random places". At least we'll know where they are. Presently, 90% of them disappear into the country. It's not fair to border states to have thousands of illegals flood the area. Of course, we COULD see about fixing the laws and securing the border. But then the dems would loose millions of future voters.

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •