View Poll Results: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    32 25.81%
  • No, never

    68 54.84%
  • Other

    24 19.35%
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 467

Thread: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

  1. #81
    Advisor LouC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Near Boise, ID
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    424

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Seriously? You accuse Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania of having ignorant voters? And you expect these ignorant voters to vote your way next time after calling them ignorant? Is that how you win elections, by berating the voters?
    I am not on any ballot nor will I be.

    They were politically ignorant voters who put Trump over the top, low information voters, and I am not expecting them to vote my way. As they say, you can't fix stupid.

    Psychologically Trump supporters pose a far more complex problem than simply providing them factual information.

    The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isnt just that they are misinformed; its that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed. This creates a double burden.
    One would have to overcome two major obstacles just to achieve one simple goal.

    The Psychology Behind Donald Trump's Unwavering Support | Psychology Today
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. ~ Isaac Asimov

  2. #82
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,706

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    So that's a no, of course.

    It's not the GOPs purpose to champion any social issues.

    How about this...
    Tell me, what is it about race that is still such a giant issue in the US?
    Was it the recent picture of the noose and the words written in the bathroom of a GM plant? Is it the criminals, drug dealers, murderers, rapists that the president always talks about? How about the good folks marching around carrying torches saying jews will not replace us? Or governor DeSantis of florida telling folks not to vote for a black person, why? So the black man doesn't get to tallahassee to 'monkey things up'. It's not the GOP's job to champion social issues, we know that, it's why the right is wrong on social issues.
    When I stop answering you, there's a reason.......repeat, When I stop answering you, there's a reason.

  3. #83
    Guru AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    3,176

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post
    We Lefties didn't get to those places because we really don't break our election laws as so many Right Wingers ignorantly and falsely claim we do!

    We won the Popular Vote by a resounding margin, but alas, an overwhelming wave of dumb took the Electoral College.
    Educated people dont flaunt a popular vote win as if it matters. Educated people understand that there are 50 separate elections and not one. Also, at no point in this thread did I say anything about breaking election laws. Please stop making things up. If you all are so smart then why didn't you campaign better in these states? I'll tell you why. Arrogance. You all thought Hillary was a shoo-in. That is why you lost. One needs to look no further than the election night coverage starting at 6PM EST. TRUMP HAS NO PATH! I believe at 6pm your side was flaunting the electorals in our faces...at 1Am the next day you were sky crying and demanding the electoral be removed. What happened in those 7 hours that made once staunch even smug arrogant supporters of the elctoral college do a 180 and demand it be removed? The answer is because you thought you had it in the bag when you didn't. This is nothing more than sore losing at its best. I wouldn't recommend bragging about the popular vote as it proves you have no civics background at all but hey don't take my advice I want those smug attitudes running your next election as well.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    105,446

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    only if right wingers consistently start 40 AOC threads a day until she turns 35.
    I guess they need a new female to demonize now that Clinton seems done.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #85
    Guru AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    3,176

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    That's the trouble with the left. They think they can call people racists, bigots, misogynists, and deplorables and expect their vote.
    Their problem is they think that they represent what the majority of America wants. Look at the popular vote argument...these self professed higher educated people do not even know how our elections work and that we are 50 states not one. It's even in the name...The United States of America. Secondly what American tries to undo a lawfully and duly elected President? The answer is none. These people are not Americans at heart. They drone on about Russia yet mimmick every one of the KGB tactics.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,039

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by bongsaway View Post
    Was it the recent picture of the noose and the words written in the bathroom of a GM plant? Is it the criminals, drug dealers, murderers, rapists that the president always talks about? How about the good folks marching around carrying torches saying jews will not replace us? Or governor DeSantis of florida telling folks not to vote for a black person, why? So the black man doesn't get to tallahassee to 'monkey things up'. It's not the GOP's job to champion social issues, we know that, it's why the right is wrong on social issues.
    Okay, first I need you to actually show me where the right is wrong on social issues, or at least supply whatever it is that is helping you come to that decision.

    Secondly, a noose and words written in the bathroom on a plant, aren't proof of anything. Except that there is one, maybe two jackasses somewhere in the plant. Illegal immigrants, if that is what you're trying to allude to. Do in fact contribute to those numbers. Pretending that they don't, simply because the people in question are brown. Is in it's own fashion a racist way of viewing the issue. While white nationalist don't even begin to scratch the necessary numbers to become a real demographic in this country. The amount that appeared in Charlottesville, were nearly outnumbered 3-1 by the counter protestors hat arrived afterwards.

    I need to see a citation for whatever it is you are saying concerning DeSantis and even then. It's just one jackass who is saying it. but yes, a citation would be appreciated

    As I stated. It's not the job of the current GOP, or any GOP for that matter to champion social issues. Because they usually end up screwing the things up much worse than anyone could intend. Trying to govern by the law and maintain the order that is present. Are possibly two of the best choices any GOP can make in the process of running the country.
    it is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book. Barack Obama

  7. #87
    Advisor LouC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Near Boise, ID
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    424

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Educated people dont flaunt a popular vote win as if it matters. Educated people understand that there are 50 separate elections and not one. Also, at no point in this thread did I say anything about breaking election laws. Please stop making things up. If you all are so smart then why didn't you campaign better in these states? I'll tell you why. Arrogance. You all thought Hillary was a shoo-in. That is why you lost. One needs to look no further than the election night coverage starting at 6PM EST. TRUMP HAS NO PATH! I believe at 6pm your side was flaunting the electorals in our faces...at 1Am the next day you were sky crying and demanding the electoral be removed. What happened in those 7 hours that made once staunch even smug arrogant supporters of the elctoral college do a 180 and demand it be removed? The answer is because you thought you had it in the bag when you didn't. This is nothing more than sore losing at its best. I wouldn't recommend bragging about the popular vote as it proves you have no civics background at all but hey don't take my advice I want those smug attitudes running your next election as well.
    Of course educated voters flaunt a popular vote as if it matters I just did, and I am a very well educated, high information voter.

    I never said you said anything about breaking election laws.

    I didn't make anything up.

    Good question about campaigning better in those places. We would have to ask Hillary why she didn't.

    I have never in my life ever thought any candidate was a "shoo in".

    In fact I told people that Trump was more likely to win than Hillary, and I was surprised that it went down as it did because I thought he would win more decisively than he did.

    My side flaunted nothing. I was working as a Judge of Election that day and knew it was a lost cause and went home that night not looking at one bit of election day coverage.

    You can assume all you want about my not having a civics background, cause you are wrong, but, unlike the old saw about making assumptions, when you are wrong, which you are, it only makes an ass of one, and that "one" is not me.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. ~ Isaac Asimov

  8. #88
    I Gotta Get Bubba!!!
    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,819

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    As usual, you guys reside in fantasy land. Everything you want is all fantasy.
    pot....meet kettle...

  9. #89
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,706

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Okay, first I need you to actually show me where the right is wrong on social issues, or at least supply whatever it is that is helping you come to that decision.

    Secondly, a noose and words written in the bathroom on a plant, aren't proof of anything. Except that there is one, maybe two jackasses somewhere in the plant. Illegal immigrants, if that is what you're trying to allude to. Do in fact contribute to those numbers. Pretending that they don't, simply because the people in question are brown. Is in it's own fashion a racist way of viewing the issue. While white nationalist don't even begin to scratch the necessary numbers to become a real demographic in this country. The amount that appeared in Charlottesville, were nearly outnumbered 3-1 by the counter protestors hat arrived afterwards.

    I need to see a citation for whatever it is you are saying concerning DeSantis and even then. It's just one jackass who is saying it. but yes, a citation would be appreciated

    As I stated. It's not the job of the current GOP, or any GOP for that matter to champion social issues. Because they usually end up screwing the things up much worse than anyone could intend. Trying to govern by the law and maintain the order that is present. Are possibly two of the best choices any GOP can make in the process of running the country.
    So dismissing what you call the 'random' racist that exists here or there is your answer. And just like it's not the job of the GOP to forward a social issue, it's not my job to try to please your demands. After all, I'm a crazy liberal, nothing I say would convince you racism is alive and well in america.
    When I stop answering you, there's a reason.......repeat, When I stop answering you, there's a reason.

  10. #90
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    465

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilroddy View Post
    AOC is too radical and too uncompromising to be elected by the present-day US electorate which is just not politically aligned with her very socially progressive and economically leftist views. However the US electorate is changing and grassroots politics are beginning to gain enough traction to challenge traditional status quo politics. As the middle class is hollowed out and more and more US citizens begin to feel marginalised and ill-served by traditional status quo party political platforms, the US electorate will fracture and some of those fractions will radicalise. They will have little left to loose and thus the political barriers to and biases against voting in people like AOC will lower. They will roll the dice. Then what is presently unthinkable may become thinkable and this may then actually happen.

    Personally, I think you might get an AOC-style candidate in a back-door way. Imagine a very charismatic, capable and determined presidential candidate who wants to dismantle the economic and political power of certain very powerful interests in America. That presidential candidate fears possible impeachment or assassination as a real possibility. Wouldn't it make sense to have a VP who was even more radical and frightening to those angry and very powerful interests waiting in the line of succession as an insurance policy to keep the prime candidate in office and able to conduct the reforms they have promised to do? Thus you might get a very radical potential VP as a bulwark against internal regime change by fear of who is the next in line. Then the threatened interests push back and pull the trigger. Bang! Welcome President AOC!

    So, who can say what will happen in 10 or 20 years.

    Cheers.
    Evilroddy.
    If AOC still looks good in 10 or 20 years I would love to get her in the back door way. Lets face it, If she was ugly nobody would care about her. Politics is such a joke. The Dem's have 97 people running for President all of whom are running on the platform of "anti Trump". None of these candidates are looking out for the good of the country. Do you squirrel brains who would vote for AOC really think she won't be corrupted like everybody else? Also, watch how stupid she is when interviewed. You Tube has tons of her idiocy.

    I voted no BTW.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •