View Poll Results: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    33 25.00%
  • No, never

    75 56.82%
  • Other

    24 18.18%
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 498

Thread: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

  1. #221
    User RooseveltTruman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    110

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    I would have to know far more about her foreign policy beliefs before I would consider voting for her.

  2. #222
    Slow Hand
    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,309

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Trump's victory was resounding.
    " I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends. " - Abraham Lincoln -

  3. #223
    Guru AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    4,045

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post
    I have never intimated it worked out well for me.

    The Electoral College chose the president, they could have chosen Hillary, but they went with dumb, and chose Trump. Oh, for the record, the members of the Electoral College are not US Constitutionally bound to choosing a president based on any state rules.

    They could defy norms in their choosing.
    No not at a federal level, but 29 states control the vote. Secondly where did I say electorals HAD to vote a certain way? Please cite my post.

  4. #224
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    03-01-19 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,017

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    How the heck can any responsible and/or sagacious person today, and with any measure of reliability, answer the poll question by ticking either option besides "other?" The woman is minimally some six years away from even being eligible to assume the presidency.


    What the question shows is ideology. Those who reject her today do so on purely ideological grounds, which is the knee jerk nature of the right. "If it smells like liberalism it much be socialism, lets kill it'

  5. #225
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,938

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    I would vote for her vs Trump or any politician who supports Trump. She would be a far better president than that turd in office.
    O

  6. #226
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    4,465

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post
    I have never intimated it worked out well for me.

    The Electoral College chose the president, they could have chosen Hillary, but they went with dumb, and chose Trump. Oh, for the record, the members of the Electoral College are not US Constitutionally bound to choosing a president based on any state rules.

    They could defy norms in their choosing.
    and if they all acted like Trump, they all would.
    The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only let animals on the boat.

  7. #227
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106,443

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by antiquity View Post
    Income redistribution versus keeping what you earned to keep the economy moving...wow.
    Since we have had what astonishes you for a century now, you surprise rather easily don't you?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #228
    Sage Xelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,693

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    What the question shows is ideology. Those who reject her today do so on purely ideological grounds, which is the knee jerk nature of the right. "If it smells like liberalism it much be socialism, lets kill it'
    Red:
    Okay. You're probably right about that, and that's not a consideration I had because I think in terms of philosophy/principle rather than ideology. (See also: Philosophy vs. Ideology)
    Those who jettison the epistemological standards of science are no longer in a position to use their intellectual product to make any claims about what is true of the world or to dispute the others’ claims about what is true. - Tooby & Cosmides
    The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks. -- African Proverb

  9. #229
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    03-01-19 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,017

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Red:
    Okay. You're probably right about that, and that's not a consideration I had because I think in terms of philosophy/principle rather than ideology. (See also: Philosophy vs. Ideology)

    As a lifetime journalist I am well aware of the differences, and suggest the philosopher is ill suited for the rigors of ideology, where suspension of belief is a necessary tool.

    In politics the ideological is not an idealist, but the opposite, fear driven, averse to change, while the progressive believes he is an idealist but ends up becoming ideological when frustrated about no change.

    The first real philosopher politician I met was Pierre Elliot Trudeau, former Canadian prime minister and father of today's Justin Trudeau. In his frist term he generated some 5 million pages of "White Papers", parliamentary presentations on ideas, ideals and progressive goals, including then the legalization of marijuana and free university.

    Somewhere in the middle there lies a balance, but damned if I know what that is. 30 years covering governments from rural town halls to Parliament. I do know, the adage "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" I have seen a lot of men and women startlingly changed in their philosophy after even a few months in office.

  10. #230
    Sage Xelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,693

    Re: Would You Ever Vote AOC For President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    As a lifetime journalist I am well aware of the differences, and suggest the philosopher is ill suited for the rigors of ideology, where suspension of belief is a necessary tool.

    In politics the ideological is not an idealist, but the opposite, fear driven, averse to change, while the progressive believes he is an idealist but ends up becoming ideological when frustrated about no change.

    The first real philosopher politician I met was Pierre Elliot Trudeau, former Canadian prime minister and father of today's Justin Trudeau. In his frist term he generated some 5 million pages of "White Papers", parliamentary presentations on ideas, ideals and progressive goals, including then the legalization of marijuana and free university.

    Somewhere in the middle there lies a balance, but damned if I know what that is. 30 years covering governments from rural town halls to Parliament. I do know, the adage "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" I have seen a lot of men and women startlingly changed in their philosophy after even a few months in office.
    Red:
    Well, nobody ever accused me of being good at channeling Taylor Coleridge. LOL


    Blue:
    Well, to those amenable to it, or at least imbued with a healthy does of intellectual curiosity, quite a lot of learning can happen in just a few months.
    Those who jettison the epistemological standards of science are no longer in a position to use their intellectual product to make any claims about what is true of the world or to dispute the others’ claims about what is true. - Tooby & Cosmides
    The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks. -- African Proverb

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •