View Poll Results: Can opinions be rated as better or worse?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, some opinions can be rated better or worse.

    20 46.51%
  • Yes, most opinions can be rated better or worse.

    9 20.93%
  • Yes, all opinions can be rated better or worse.

    7 16.28%
  • No, all opinions are equal.

    7 16.28%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 119

Thread: Can opinions be better or worse?

  1. #51
    Buttermilk Man

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    41,820

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    So...Magic... That's it? That's what you got? Your argument is that your feelings are better than everybody else's because of...magic?
    Call it magic if you want I dont care.... it is about being right.....it is about seeing what is there before others and it is learning why it is there before others and it is foretelling the future more correctly than others....this is all about performance.. this is about tracking the truth correctly and understanding more of its layers than other can manage.....who can do it...who cant.

    Those who can see the others that can.
    My heart breaks for America......The future is going to be so much suck....Because the people mostly never cared enough to get educated.

  2. #52
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    6,539

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Call it magic if you want I dont care.... it is about being right.....it is about seeing what is there before others and it is learning why it is there before others and it is foretelling the future more correctly than others...
    Wow... that's amazing. You should probably go to bed and ask yourself why Trump was so wrong when he thought Pelosi would cave and give him wall funds.
    Obstruction of Justice also applies to overt coercion of court or government officials via the means of threats or actual physical harm and also applying to deliberate sedition against a court official to undermine the appearance of legitimate authority.

  3. #53
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    6,539

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Weird can you quote where i mentioned my gut?
    Call it what you want. You rejected a rational argument straight up without being able to offer a rational reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    after that can you quote where i said no opinions can be wrong?
    Clearly, you don't think it's fair to judge people based on their opinions. According to you, that would be bigotry.
    Obstruction of Justice also applies to overt coercion of court or government officials via the means of threats or actual physical harm and also applying to deliberate sedition against a court official to undermine the appearance of legitimate authority.

  4. #54
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,412

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    Call it what you want. You rejected a rational argument straight up without being able to offer a rational reason.
    Clearly, you don't think it's fair to judge people based on their opinions. According to you, that would be bigotry.
    translation you cant quote me saying the retarded lies you made up LMAO
    and to make it worse you floor it up with additional lies strawmen and things you cant support. Owning your posts is so easy.

    Let us know when you can quote me saying the lies you got caught making up, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I think there is an argument that racist black people outnumber racist white people.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Why do you say that the APA does not mutilate gays when you know they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  5. #55
    Back
    tecoyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,514

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    Can someone's opinion be more valuable, useful, reasonable, and therefore better than another person's?

    If not why do we bother arguing over them?

    If so do we really need to respect everyone's opinions when some are clearly bad?

    What criteria could be used as the basis for rating someone's opinion as better or worse?

    Are there different classifications of opinions where some might be closer to right and wrong whereas others are totally up to preference?
    Is the opinion of your auto mechanic more useful than your oncologist concerning your wifes breast cancer?
    Illusionary

  6. #56
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,706

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and most of them stink. An opinion is an opinion, it's not a fact, it's an opinion.
    When I stop answering you, there's a reason.......repeat, When I stop answering you, there's a reason.

  7. #57
    patria et honor
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,450

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    I find educated opinions and opinions from practical experience to be more valuable than those from the uninformed and the clueless.

    When the stakes get higher, the opinions of the professionals are more valuable and valued.


    The Process is more important than The Goal Anthony Moore

  8. #58
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,033
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    Can someone's opinion be more valuable, useful, reasonable, and therefore better than another person's?

    If not why do we bother arguing over them?

    If so do we really need to respect everyone's opinions when some are clearly bad?

    What criteria could be used as the basis for rating someone's opinion as better or worse?

    Are there different classifications of opinions where some might be closer to right and wrong whereas others are totally up to preference?
    Deliberately and intentionally punishing somebody for his/her opinion is unAmerican and unconstitutional and in my opinion completely wrong, sometimes evil. But of course we should argue--I prefer the word debate--opinions in the interest of understanding the merits and drawbacks of them before acting on them to become law. Two people can hold entirely different opinions about something and both be right in some aspects and/or wrong in some aspects. But if they focus on the issue and not on attacking each other, they can arrive at the best conclusion and action to be taken.
    Whatever flaws or failings, I can support the sinner who gets it right in the end over the virtuous saint who doesn't have a clue how to get it done.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  9. #59
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,782

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    God Days, and the solar, geological and biological development is pretty damn good for 3000 years ago. Scholars wrote it. Fish before land animals, birds before mammals. Light before atmosphere. Moon before tides. It's like 80% correct in how things developed. It's a macro look at Earth development from ancient scholars.

    One interesting mistake. It has birds coming from fish. An excusable misconception, scales -> feathers.
    You can put your faith in an origin mythology that's less than a page long, or you can put it in a rigorous scientific theory that has stood the test of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Who cares about Wall Street?
    "The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born." --Leviticus 19:34

  10. #60
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    82,137

    Re: Can opinions be better or worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You can put your faith in an origin mythology that's less than a page long, or you can put it in a rigorous scientific theory that has stood the test of time.
    Well I have an MSc and PhD(c) and I've never believed anything supernatural in my life, but I can still appreciate ancient means of inter generational communication. I'm not so bent about the whole thing that I cannot appreciate what is arguably the greatest book ever written.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •