View Poll Results: Do you support the new Tax Plan?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 19.74%
  • No

    61 80.26%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 150

Thread: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

  1. #51
    Student
    Marco Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire ( Live free or Die )
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    264

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by <alt>doxygen View Post
    No. What it's going to do is give the Republicans a reason (the debt will increase) to reduce things like SS and Medicare that I'm depending on as part of my retirement plan in a couple of years. Also, other services will be cut, and I'll need to shell out for increased costs in those as well.

    I don't know how old you are, but this is a re-run of a trickle-down dance the GOP has repeated every chance they've had since 1980. The ending is always bad for anyone who depends in any way on any public infrastructure or service. Do you drive to work? Think roads. Your gas taxes and other fees will be going up...tolls, etc.

    Kansas is a great lab where they've been doing this unadulterated - all written by ALEC and Laffer blessed. Look up that record...
    I'm 47, I think as long as we stop the Social Programs for illegal Aliens and stop spending money on extra committees and $7 million dollar bias collusion counsels we will be ok.... More people working more people paying taxes. Kansas has no resources to make business, no population to build on and no amazon base to start it up.

    Kansas is a poor area to even use as example.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  2. #52
    Educator Gaea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    797

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    I oppose pretty much every single element of this bill.

    More specifically, I oppose cutting taxes at all right now - the economy is already at full employment. All this does is give away money to people who don't need it.

    Actually, I'd be in favor of raising taxes to help lower the deficit.

  3. #53
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,434

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Montana View Post
    I'm 47, I think as long as we stop the Social Programs for illegal Aliens and stop spending money on extra committees and $7 million dollar bias collusion counsels we will be ok.... More people working more people paying taxes. Kansas has no resources to make business, no population to build on and no amazon base to start it up.

    Kansas is a poor area to even use as example.
    Your reaching for any argument to justify this tax bill. The billionaires have you at their beckon call. This is a billionaire bill. The very wealthy are the only ones that benefit.

  4. #54
    Student
    Marco Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire ( Live free or Die )
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    264

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Media_Truth View Post
    Your reaching for any argument to justify this tax bill. The billionaires have you at their beckon call. This is a billionaire bill. The very wealthy are the only ones that benefit.
    Wrong, by making Corporations pay less taxes they can expand and add more jobs which helps revenues, and gets people off Welfare. Lastly this tax plan puts $2000 in my pocket.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  5. #55
    Educator

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Montana View Post
    Wrong, by making Corporations pay less taxes they can expand and add more jobs which helps revenues, and gets people off Welfare. Lastly this tax plan puts $2000 in my pocket.
    It's like you have no idea how businesses run. More profits do not mean more jobs. They employ the number of people to do the work that is available. A smaller tax receipt does not mean more work is available.

    This will mean more money for senior management and shareholders. This won't create a single job and will add $11tn to the national deficit.

  6. #56
    Student
    Marco Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire ( Live free or Die )
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    264

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristaeus View Post
    It's like you have no idea how businesses run. More profits do not mean more jobs. They employ the number of people to do the work that is available. A smaller tax receipt does not mean more work is available.

    This will mean more money for senior management and shareholders. This won't create a single job and will add $11tn to the national deficit.
    I disagree, making corporations able to compete globally will result in more products being sold and labor and materials will rise.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  7. #57
    Educator

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Montana View Post
    I disagree, making corporations able to compete globally will result in more products being sold and labor and materials will rise.
    How will a lower tax bill make them more globally competitive?

  8. #58
    Educator GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    827

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    oppose. i do support a significant cut to the corporate rate, but only if it's paid for with an increase to the individual rates / all income taxed as income above a cap. this bill is just another trickle down "have another kick, Charlie Brown." they'll probably use the resulting deficits to attack Social Security and Medicare in a couple of years, if not sooner.


    Wow did you call that.

    See the thread on Ryan cutting ss, Medicare and Medicaid.

  9. #59
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,434

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Montana View Post
    I disagree, making corporations able to compete globally will result in more products being sold and labor and materials will rise.
    Doesn't look like your getting much agreement out there. The results on this forum is more one-sided than the results nationwide, where 23% favor the new tax plan. You do realize that FOX News is the VOICE OF THE MULTI-MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES, and you might be playing the part of their pawn, don't you?

  10. #60
    Guru

    <alt>doxygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Floriduh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,604

    Re: Do you support or oppose the new Tax Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Montana View Post
    I'm 47, I think as long as we stop the Social Programs for illegal Aliens and stop spending money on extra committees and $7 million dollar bias collusion counsels we will be ok.... More people working more people paying taxes. Kansas has no resources to make business, no population to build on and no amazon base to start it up.

    Kansas is a poor area to even use as example.
    Not really:
    Does Trump?s tax plan sound familiar, Kansas? It should. | The Wichita Eagle

    Brownback said his state would be a showcase for the brilliance of supply side economics. It failed badly.
    Trump doesn’t speak so much as allow the words in his limited vocabulary to join hands and jump off a cliff. - Henry Rollins

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •