View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 9 of 270 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #81
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,859

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    that makes no sense
    Sure it does... it is also a symbol of hypocrisy and evil and that is why protestors burn it so often.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,859

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    But we live now. What meaning it have however many years ago is no longer relevant to the majority of people
    To perhaps a couple billion people TODAY that swastica represents prosperity, heaven, bounty and peace, among other things, as I said.

  3. #83
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,110

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Looks like the Left found something to divert attention away from Obama's ****ed up administration.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country spoke, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    that makes no sense
    sure it does, if one is honest and objective with themself

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    True. But it represents those things and condoning it's presence indirectly endorses that ideology in the eyes of many people it also can be seen as the dismissal of a pretty profound injustice.
    are you saying South Carolina indirectly endorses racism, slavery, segregation and murder?

    if not, you should probably reevaluate your argument.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,859

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    But we live now. What meaning it have however many years ago is no longer relevant to the majority of people
    You may live now but I live in eternity...

  7. #87
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,859

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Looks like the Left found something to divert attention away from Obama's ****ed up administration.
    ... and the fact that he is a secret Muslim...

  8. #88
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,980

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

    it's interesting that the Swastika existed for thousands of years before Hitler came along... and he ruined utterly ruined it ( for now).
    it's a really cool symbol... and i hope someday someone takes that power that Hitler still holds over people and revives the symbol into something better.
    or we can be juvenile about it and cast it away for ever and ever ,amen... as if doing away with the symbol magically solves problems.
    You should try and reverse that trend. Go as a visitor with a swastika on your tee shirt into an US military base.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,859

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    I agree about the Native Americans and the War of 1812, but the Mexican victory took real skill. A small US army landed on the Mexican coast, then marched inward to Mexico City. Not only did this small force beat every Mexican field force, but US leaders skillfully exploited social divisions regarding Mexican identity. They also wisely left Mexico proper before the endless guerilla war started.
    OK although this whole line of debate was based off of my sarcastic comment.

  10. #90
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,710

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    What matters more? 'Fighting prowess'? Or winning the WAR?

    IF the confederate soldiers had actually some supreme fighting prowess(or strategy), being outnumbered would not have mattered.

    Winning the war. My contention, however, is simply that contrary to Calamity's claim, the CSA never had "its ass handed to it". Likewise, "supreme" fighting prowess does not exist. CSA units, however, and the men who led them delivered noticeably more bang for the buck on an average basis than their union equivelants.

Page 9 of 270 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •