View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 75 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #741
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    You know, horsegirl, I think you ought to be aware that you're telling us a lot more about yourself than you might be intending. It's starting to seem like you have very firm white supremacist ideas yourself. Do you think the white race is superior to all the other races (with the black race being at the bottom)?
    No I don't and in fact if you got to know me you would realize that I am probably the least prejudiced person you could ever meet.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  2. #742
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Elaborate how Europe was fixing to help the South please?

    For one, we are native Europeans, and we never planned to do that, so be specific.
    England and France, from the way the stories go, were planning to intervene and help the South. Of course that is not something they're gonna talk about now. However it did not happen that way. I often wonder if it had would the South had won after all? Makes you wonder
    Life is short, ride a horse

  3. #743
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    So would "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" accurately describe ol' grandaddy's view of things?
    In the beginning maybe, but I think granddaddy, in his later years, lightened up on his view of others. For example we used to go to a restaurant which I don't know if you have it in your area or not because its not nationwide, called Jason's Deli, where granddaddy would speak Spanish to the Mexican busboys and it seemed to make their day. Also when both my grandparents were alive and living in Richmond we would eat at Picadilly Cafeteria on Broad Street because it was near their apartment. Well there was this elderly black gentleman, about granddaddy's age or a little younger, and he was always very friendly to us when we came in. In fact the last time I saw him, I was in my mid 20's, he came over to our table to say hello, and he saw me, and told me I was all grown up now. Then he told my mom that he can remember when I was just a little girl. He was a kind man and he and granddaddy always seemed to get along well. SO I think while my granddaddy's views were typical of the early 1900's (he was born in 1911) that he came around later at least as far as skin color was concerned. He never did like Catholics, never did like Jews. I on the other hand am completely different. I don't hate anyone, skin color or religion notwithstanding.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  4. #744
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,743

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Lets examine the post and quotes

    here is my post 558 with you in it



    and my response


    What exactly is your problem with that? What do you claim was being discussed if not the Confederate flag of the topic and what it stands for?
    What you said is irrelevant, obviously, because I clearly was referrencing what she was talking about. I have no idea why you are attempting to interject yourself into this especially when you don't seem to understand what we were talking about or what I referrenced, which was NOT "slavery". Just move on...

  5. #745
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    86,140

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    What is it gonna take for you to learn that the war was not all about slavery until a couple of years in? It was ONE issue but sure as heck not the main one. What is it gonna take, the Congressional records from the 1850's?
    So who was it that a couple of years in went back and dated those statements scission back to the start of the war?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #746
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    86,140

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What you said is irrelevant, obviously, because I clearly was referrencing what she was talking about. I have no idea why you are attempting to interject yourself into this especially when you don't seem to understand what we were talking about or what I referrenced, which was NOT "slavery". Just move on...
    So you are unable to produce any actual posts from anyone showing anything of the EPIC FAIL that you boasted while donning the striped shirt of the impartial judge.

    Got it loud and clear.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #747
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    If so, how is the flag of secession help the people move on from those days?



    The issue is within USA, not between country arrangements.

    We have USA memories right in my city too. There's an Albanian flag in many parts within USA. But we indeed are different countries, the south and the north are not.
    So.... how is the U.S. Flag Above U.S. Burial Grounds helping the U.S. Move on?

    I can do this all day.

    Fact is... nobody has any business removing a Confederate Flag from a Confederate memorial or burial site.

    State Capitol? Sure, But as I recall they did that years ago.

    The point of a flag being over a war burial ground or memorial ground isn't to help people move on.

  8. #748
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    You know, horsegirl, I think you ought to be aware that you're telling us a lot more about yourself than you might be intending. It's starting to seem like you have very firm white supremacist ideas yourself. Do you think the white race is superior to all the other races (with the black race being at the bottom)?
    Wow....


  9. #749
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,716

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    When you get the story straight from the horse's mouth as my granddaddy did, I tend to find it quite believable
    So your entire argument is based around what your Grandpa told you and that book by a known white power nationalist.

  10. #750
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    86,140

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    So your entire argument is based around what your Grandpa told you and that book by a known white power nationalist.
    And some still wonder why these ideas are alive and well over a century and a half later?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •