View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 60 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #591
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    67,101

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    We've overtly oppressed the VIetnamese, the Iraqi's, the Afghani's, Libyans.... the flag hasn't changed since 1958.
    Where can I buy one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  2. #592
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,211

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Because the people who feel oppressed will have one less thing to point to when they talk about systemic oppression.
    I'm feeling somewhat oppressed myself.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QsNXd57Ppw

  3. #593
    Advisor Rentoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Western Tennessee
    Last Seen
    01-20-17 @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    It would seem for some people that you cannot acknowledge known historical facts about the Confederacy, slavery, racists, anti Americans, and their direct involvement with the rebel/Confederate battle flag without being called a Leftist or politically correct or whatever lame excuse for flying a flag that is the direct representation of a army formed to overthrow the USA. Doesnt it strike anyone as being unpatriotic?

    I stand for the right of every American individual to fly whatever silly flag that they want. I also assert that public buildings should not fly a flag that represents the Confederacy unless its a museum of some sort. This is the USA not the CSA.
    I'm no historian, but I don't think they were attempting to "overthrow" the USA. I believe they were attempting to form their own country. One that would not have a central government with too much authority over the member States. I'm sure that one of the primary reasons for even trying this was in fact their belief that slavery was necessary for their continued financial existence. We all agree that slavery was a horrible thing and looking back (with our 20/20 hindsight) we all understand how wrong it was.

  4. #594
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Confederate Flag


  5. #595
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,453

    Re: Confederate Flag



    **** you Apple! You piece of **** assholes! Removing the flag for a historical game! Are you kidding? I find the apple logo offensive for trying to ignore history. Remove it from your products!
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #596
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,724

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The USA was founded by some old White men who fought for their rights and freedom, but not for the rights and freedom of the Black slaves and women under their control.

    We're still fighting for some people's rights and freedom in the USA.

    Some day, maybe we'll all be free. But I don't see that happening tomorrow. Too many people are opposed to it.
    Who isn't free?

  7. #597
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,724

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Because the people who feel oppressed will have one less thing to point to when they talk about systemic oppression.
    And yet.... It was never pointed to in any conversation I've ever heard of in the first place.....

    Your point would be good... If I had ever heard it used anytime in the last year.

  8. #598
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Because the people who feel oppressed will have one less thing to point to when they talk about systemic oppression.
    Yeah, because people whining means we have change how we do things. I find that many times when someone is acting like they are victimized the problem has more to do with self confidence than anything else.

  9. #599
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,546
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Who isn't free?


    If you're not already well aware of what I'm talking about then you're part of the problem.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  10. #600
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,656

    Re: Confederate Flag

    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." --First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •