View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 49 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #481
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,419

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Then you should have no problem finding one more source to support that one.

    Here, let me help get you started....


    What was the first country to recognize the United States?

    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...+united+states
    What counts is FORMAL RECOGNITION:

    The first U.S. treaty to be signed was a Treaty of Amity and Commerce with France that was signed in Paris on February 6, 1778.

    https://history.state.gov/countries/france

    Formal U.S. relations with Morocco date from 1787 when the United States Congress ratified a Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the two nations

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morocc...ates_relations

    Just admit you are wrong already...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

  2. #482
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,889

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Abolished, no. Removed from State sponsorship, yes.
    This is the best answer yet.

  3. #483
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,283

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What counts is FORMAL RECOGNITION:

    The first U.S. treaty to be signed was a Treaty of Amity and Commerce with France that was signed in Paris on February 6, 1778.

    https://history.state.gov/countries/france

    Formal U.S. relations with Morocco date from 1787 when the United States Congress ratified a Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the two nations

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morocc...ates_relations

    Just admit you are wrong already...
    I knew you wouldn't find one.


    From your wiki link....it's the sentence that you deliberately left out.....


    "...Morocco became the first country to formally recognize the United States as an independent nation.[1]..."


    Just admit you're intellectually dishonest....

  4. #484
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,300

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Sorry, but none of what you're posting has anything to do with what I said or the link I posted. Do you want to try again?

    Hint: it's the reason the southern states seceded from the union.
    Oh yes it does have everything to do with what led up to the civil war. And it has everything to do with a century of segregationist Democrats that followed.

  5. #485
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,283

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Oh yes it does have everything to do with what led up to the civil war. And it has everything to do with a century of segregationist Democrats that followed.
    So what did the link say was the reason for seccession?

  6. #486
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,419

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I knew you wouldn't find one.


    From your wiki link....it's the sentence that you deliberately left out.....


    "...Morocco became the first country to formally recognize the United States as an independent nation.[1]..."


    Just admit you're intellectually dishonest....
    That one sentence does not negate the facts or dates. The dates are the dates lady... and you call me intellectually dishonest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

  7. #487
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,283

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That one sentence does not negate the facts or dates. The dates are the dates lady... and you call me intellectually dishonest?

    Yup, that's what you are alright. You can keep proving it if you like, but I'm already convinced.

  8. #488
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,419

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Yup, that's what you are alright. You can keep proving it if you like, but I'm already convinced.
    I will just deal with you elsewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

  9. #489
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,300

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So what did the link say was the reason for seccession?
    Your dang link was nothing more than a summary of every state in the Confederacy that issued an “Article of Secession” declaring their break from the Union explaining their decision.. Two major themes emerge the right to keep the institution of slavery and states' rights. Several states strongly defend slavery while making varying claims related to states' rights. Other grievances pertained to economics. It was a mixed bag of reasons but the fight to keep slavery alive tends to be the main factor. And leading up to the Civil War, the support for slavery was dwindling. Within those states that wanted to keep slavery there were folks living there who opposed it. All you have to look at is a map of the routes of the Underground Railroad that reach far into the Southern Confederate states to prove that one.


  10. #490
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,419

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Your dang link was nothing more than a summary of every state in the Confederacy that issued an “Article of Secession” declaring their break from the Union explaining their decision.. Two major themes emerge the right to keep the institution of slavery and states' rights. Several states strongly defend slavery while making varying claims related to states' rights. Other grievances pertained to economics. It was a mixed bag of reasons but the fight to keep slavery alive tends to be the main factor. And leading up to the Civil War, the support for slavery was dwindling. Within those states that wanted to keep slavery there were folks living there who opposed it. All you have to look at is a map of the routes of the Underground Railroad that reach far into the Southern Confederate states to prove that one.

    She doesn't understand the chronology of dates... how do you expect her to deal with more nuanced concepts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •