View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 130 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1291
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Human rights and civil rights trump state's rights.
    Yet the yanks wanted to make sure they kept their "state's rights" by insuring the South gave ours up.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  2. #1292
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    67,173

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Yet the yanks wanted to make sure they kept their "state's rights" by insuring the South gave ours up.
    That doesn't even make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  3. #1293
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    That doesn't even make sense.
    It actually does if you think about it. The north wanted to keep their power in Congress to make sure that the South did not have the right to decide for themselves whether to allow slavery.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  4. #1294
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    28,989

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    It actually does if you think about it. The north wanted to keep their power in Congress to make sure that the South did not have the right to decide for themselves whether to allow slavery.
    No, i mean, have you read any of the stuff above? The south has been lying to itself.

  5. #1295
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,512

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    The north was pushing their "rights" onto the South, and the South got tired of it. The north hated state's rights if they couldn't force the South to cave.
    The North tried to compromise with South, but they still wanted to expand slavery into the new territories and force northerners to return runaway slaves. So the north passed state laws to protect the free states from the slave states. The South threw a hissy fit when they couldn't get their way.


    "...the Kansas–Nebraska Act, submitted to Congress by Stephen A. Douglas in January 1854. The Act opened Kansas Territory and Nebraska Territory to slavery and future admission of slave states by allowing white male settlers[1] in those territories to determine through "popular sovereignty" whether they would allow slavery within each territory. Thus, the Kansas–Nebraska Act effectively undermined the prohibition on slavery in territory north of 3630′ latitude which had been established by the Missouri Compromise. This change was viewed by Free Soilers and many abolitionist Northerners as an aggressive, expansionist maneuver by the slave-owning South, and led to the creation of the Republican Party.....

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Compromise




    Are you a republican, HorseLoverGirl?

  6. #1296
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The North tried to compromise with South, but they still wanted to expand slavery into the new territories and force northerners to return runaway slaves. So the north passed state laws to protect the free states from the slave states. The South threw a hissy fit when they couldn't get their way.


    "...the Kansas–Nebraska Act, submitted to Congress by Stephen A. Douglas in January 1854. The Act opened Kansas Territory and Nebraska Territory to slavery and future admission of slave states by allowing white male settlers[1] in those territories to determine through "popular sovereignty" whether they would allow slavery within each territory. Thus, the Kansas–Nebraska Act effectively undermined the prohibition on slavery in territory north of 3630′ latitude which had been established by the Missouri Compromise. This change was viewed by Free Soilers and many abolitionist Northerners as an aggressive, expansionist maneuver by the slave-owning South, and led to the creation of the Republican Party.....

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Compromise




    Are you a republican, HorseLoverGirl?
    Nope. I am independent, I can go either way. The north was upset that if the South exercised their right to leave, they would be able to expand westward, have control of the Mississippi delta, while the north was contending with frozen ports and the South beating them at their own game. Slavery was still going on up north, in fact Delaware and Kentucky didn't ratify the 13th amendment until 1901 and 1976 respectively although the amendment passed in December of 1865
    Life is short, ride a horse

  7. #1297
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    No, i mean, have you read any of the stuff above? The south has been lying to itself.
    Yeah sure we have. We knew we were right, get over it.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  8. #1298
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,214

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Yeah sure we have. We knew we were right, get over it.
    I guess this man had the right idea.

    My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.
    That was William tcumsah Sherman.

    My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their... - William Tecumseh Sherman at BrainyQuote
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #1299
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    If there is any justice in this world that piece of pond scum (not fit to be called human, much less a "man") is burning in the innermost circle of hell for eternity
    Life is short, ride a horse

  10. #1300
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,214

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    If there is any justice in this world that piece of pond scum (not fit to be called human, much less a "man") is burning in the innermost circle of hell for eternity
    For what exactly? For bringing total war to the confederacy? For attacking the rebel army where it hurt the most: at their inferstructure and homes?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •