View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 90 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #891
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    02-16-16 @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    88

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Not really, that is just you using a subjective argument to attempt to back your claim and to dodge being a Politically Correct Super Person. We are all rigid in some ways and flexible in others. Kinda a feeble argument.
    Oh, so it is just, like, my opinion, man, that black people should not be enslaved? And as such, calling you a bigot and rigid for simply disagreeing with my opinion is not logical?


    A female that can lay eggs or produce young and is a girl or woman is not subjective.
    Yes, and you completely ignored the "relating to" I pointed out.

    How am I hurting trans people. Be specific now... you are sure happy to toss out the insults and I would like to see if you have the brains or balls to actually back up your stupid assertion.
    You are perpetuating ignorance and philosophical dislike of trans people which is inhumane. The perpetuation of such hurts them immensely in terms of societal acceptance, job security, success in general, and not surprisingly mental health - and I'm sure any interaction you'd have with a trans person would be a disaster too if you knew they were trans - which is arguably why so many feel extremely compelled to go through these "deceptive" surgeries/therapies anyway.

    you can't have case by case cases because that is not fair to trans-women. You argue that some should be allowed in but not all. What if some can fight fairly (Weakly) with some women but some are so tough they could destroy all women just like some men dominate all men (LeBron James, for instance). How is that fair to the dominate trans-woman? It isn't. Besides, that isn't the point as I have shown above.
    Everyone is different. There are inequalities all over sports. Why you're focusing on this one's potential is beyond me, and why you don't support LeBron James being banned to play with all of those who are clearly worse than him in spite of the last precedent you set is also beyond me.

    I have daughters and one plays field hockey... it pisses me off because this stupid league allows boys to play this year because not enough boys could ge ta league together. Many of these boys run circles around the girls, including mine, for various reasons and the main one is speed and the other is agressiveness (running into people). I had this stupid mom from my team say that it is fine and the girls can compete with the boys. Obviously they can't, as the only all girl team they are getting smashed every week and are in dead last place. Just because there are a couple of girls in the league better than the boys, as this mom pointed out, does not mean that it is fair, as you would undoubtedly argue as well. It is a stupid politically correct, we can all get along and are the same, type of argument.
    I don't doubt what you're saying, but an anecdote means nothing to me. There are some girls that'd undoubtedly do better than the boys in question. What's your point? You saw some typically weak girls? Okay? So what if it's factually supported that more often than not girls underperform next to guys? Create more performance and physicality regulations.

    I am not a victim and never indicated that I am either... vicitmhood is a mentality. The fact that you are rude does not make me a victim... it just makes you rude. I made the case for PC and you want to ignore it... as most PC people do, incidentally.
    By your descriptions of the events in politics, you are definitively a victim to this phenomena. Now, of course I find your descriptions incredibly fallacious and inaccurate. Victimhood is not a mentality, and those that spout this non-truth have telling tendencies. The fact that you so quickly dismiss that wrong things can be exacted on people (and those who are the victim of those wrong things are the victims, ala victimhood) is questionable.

    I am making an argument about biological fact regarding the persons SEX. "You people"...
    You so readily argue about a complex issue for your intellectual enjoyment - meanwhile people are killing themselves over the dread that is brought upon them by lack of acceptance and support.

    Let's break this down:

    Anatomy: Studies organisms and their parts (Notice the lack of distinction between which parts they were born with and otherwise)
    Sex: "The anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics"

    You're asserting that, because normally it's implied that when you talk about someone's "parts" you logically assume they were born with them, that all people should be applied to such a scenario, when not all people logically would apply - in fact millions of people.

  2. #892
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    02-16-16 @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    88

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    I don't give a flying **** what a person percieves themselves to be. Good for them. Great for society. Let's all hold hands, me included with those that identify how they feel themselves to be. I don't care either way.
    It's not just a matter of perception; we've been through this actually. There is a physical gender indicator in the brain, which alerts the person of the gender that they are, and that the sex they were born as does not meet the typical expectations of the alignment of the two. There is no delusion, no mental illness, no perception out of line with reality. The vast majority of relevant TRAINED PROFESSIONALS disagree with any deviation from that.

    The guy is still a guy and should not be in the woman's dressing room. That is not harming anybody.
    She's not a guy (assuming you're speaking of a trans woman), and your perpetuation of such falsehoods contributes actively to the oppression of this individual and others, effectively contributing to her/their likely suicide(s). But congrats, you're not "PC" and you're an amurcan who can do what he wants.

    If anything, you should be arguing for a third dressing room, a gender neutral one and let people make up their own minds but calling women that don't want a man in their dressing rooms bigots, or people hurting trans-people negative names (which is political correctness CRAP), YOU ARE THE ONE INFRINGING ON OTHERS, hurting them, being oppressive and all in order to impose on society your subjective view of what you think is right.
    I see nothing wrong with adding a neutral room in addition.

    Oh, being opposed to people getting hurt - especially those who live oppressed lives and society does not acknowledge positively at all - is just being politically correct. My god, your privilege is showing. Tell me, who exactly am I hurting - or who is a trans person using their respective bathroom hurting? Who am I oppressing? Did I stop you from saying ignorant, hurtful (non-true) words? No, I didn't - because political correctness isn't real. Society always exerts pressures to conform with progress. That's not censorship. You can still make yourself look like an ass freely - and people will judge you accordingly too, which will yield the appropriate social consequences.

    Here we go again... feeling oriented individuals are people and you have classified me as sub-human because I differ from your mindset. Retarded.
    You must have interpreted my post wrong because I did not say nor imply that you are sub-human, but rather just mean - pointing out your disconnect with people and humanity.

  3. #893
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    Oh, so it is just, like, my opinion, man, that black people should not be enslaved? And as such, calling you a bigot and rigid for simply disagreeing with my opinion is not logical?/
    Slavery literally has nothing to do with Political Correctness although I do understand that making stupid Straw Man argument like that would be a go to counter point of the PC Cops. Well done.

    Yes, and you completely ignored the "relating to" I pointed out.
    Yeah, “relating to” indicates a connection completely contradicting your point. Here, check it out:

    Relate | Definition of relate by Merriam-Webster

    You are perpetuating ignorance and philosophical dislike of trans people which is inhumane. The perpetuation of such hurts them immensely in terms of societal acceptance, job security, success in general, and not surprisingly mental health - and I'm sure any interaction you'd have with a trans person would be a disaster too if you knew they were trans - which is arguably why so many feel extremely compelled to go through these "deceptive" surgeries/therapies anyway.
    The mere fact that you would equate inhumane to this circumstance truly indicates that you have no idea what you are talking about. Inhumane is the mistreatment of prisoners, gas chambers, letting children cry and cry when hungry and you have food, etc. Recognizing a mental disorder and stating it is not inhumane, that is, unless you think that stating that I have ADD is inhumane because it negatively affects me as well… but that is simply idiotic so I hope you don’t go that route.

    Everyone is different. There are inequalities all over sports. Why you're focusing on this one's potential is beyond me, and why you don't support LeBron James being banned to play with all of those who are clearly worse than him in spite of the last precedent you set is also beyond me.
    Why? Because a man is beating up on women, literally... If you can’t figure that out you need to go back to biology class.

    I don't doubt what you're saying, but an anecdote means nothing to me. There are some girls that'd undoubtedly do better than the boys in question. What's your point? You saw some typically weak girls? Okay? So what if it's factually supported that more often than not girls underperform next to guys? Create more performance and physicality regulations.
    You want to simply redefine all sports the world over just because a few men want to beat up women in a woman’s sport? Talk about delusional.

    By your descriptions of the events in politics, you are definitively a victim to this phenomena. Now, of course I find your descriptions incredibly fallacious and inaccurate. Victimhood is not a mentality, and those that spout this non-truth have telling tendencies. The fact that you so quickly dismiss that wrong things can be exacted on people (and those who are the victim of those wrong things are the victims, ala victimhood) is questionable.
    Victimhood where you are robbed is real. Victimhood where you are called fat and then eat a ton and become/stay fat and then blame others is a mentality. Big difference but not to the PC cops that want to blame somebody for everything not equal because hell… SOMEBODY has to be at fault!

    You so readily argue about a complex issue for your intellectual enjoyment - meanwhile people are killing themselves over the dread that is brought upon them by lack of acceptance and support.
    Relevance to the argument at hand? None.

    Let's break this down:

    Anatomy: Studies organisms and their parts (Notice the lack of distinction between which parts they were born with and otherwise)
    Sex: "The anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics"

    You're asserting that, because normally it's implied that when you talk about someone's "parts" you logically assume they were born with them, that all people should be applied to such a scenario, when not all people logically would apply - in fact millions of people.
    You are conflating “gender” how a person FEELS.with biology… what a person IS.

    I advocate that a person is what they are and that they are free to feel however they want but that does not mean that society has to accept it, or worse, give in to what they feel and accomodate all their wishes. People like you that do are truly bad for society.

  4. #894
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    It's not just a matter of perception; we've been through this actually. There is a physical gender indicator in the brain, which alerts the person of the gender that they are, and that the sex they were born as does not meet the typical expectations of the alignment of the two. There is no delusion, no mental illness, no perception out of line with reality
    Physical gender indicator? Evidence of this fact or take a hike.

    . The vast majority of relevant TRAINED PROFESSIONALS disagree with any deviation from that.
    Prove that psychology can prove that feelings are facts… as in, I feel oppressed and that makes it a fact that I am oppressed. It can’t be done because of persecution complexes, etc. Feelings do not make fact and psychologists know this as well as anybody, including me, and that is why they will not admit it.

    Only a person inexperienced in life would equate feelings with facts. My ex-wife had BPD and "felt" all sorts of horse crap that was made-up, delusional, etc. that had no basis in realty. Age, experience and learn before you spout silliness.

    She's not a guy (assuming you're speaking of a trans woman), and your perpetuation of such falsehoods contributes actively to the oppression of this individual and others, effectively contributing to her/their likely suicide(s).
    Incorrect. I feel nothing but empathy for people that are so confused as to think that they are a woman when they are in fact a man. Lumping me in with bigots that hate people just makes you look like an ignorant and uneducated moron.

    But congrats, you're not "PC" and you're an amurcan who can do what he wants.
    Not sure what your hatred of America is because this is the second time you have gone this route. Do you live in America? I don’t.

    I see nothing wrong with adding a neutral room in addition.
    That is all that needs to happen and all this PC bull**** would go away… instead you opt for more than just a gender neutral room and think that men should be beating up women in women’s sports.

    Oh, being opposed to people getting hurt - especially those who live oppressed lives and society does not acknowledge positively at all - is just being politically correct. My god, your privilege is showing. Tell me, who exactly am I hurting - or who is a trans person using their respective bathroom hurting? Who am I oppressing? Did I stop you from saying ignorant, hurtful (non-true) words? No, I didn't - because political correctness isn't real. Society always exerts pressures to conform with progress. That's not censorship. You can still make yourself look like an ass freely - and people will judge you accordingly too, which will yield the appropriate social consequences.
    There are girls and women who do not want men in their dressing rooms. You are hurting them.

    Poll Shows The Majority Of Americans Oppose Transgender People Using Preferred Bathroom

    Poll Shows The Majority Of Americans Oppose Transgender People Using Preferred Bathroom

    You must have interpreted my post wrong because I did not say nor imply that you are sub-human, but rather just mean - pointing out your disconnect with people and humanity.
    You clearly said that those that agree with you are “people”. Fact.

    And as evidenced by the state above you should learn that you do not represent humanity…

  5. #895
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    Oh, so it is just, like, my opinion, man, that black people should not be enslaved? And as such, calling you a bigot and rigid for simply disagreeing with my opinion is not logical?
    Looks like zom ran off....

  6. #896
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    I voted "Maybe."

    If they still have to stand up to pee, then no.

    If they have completed the transitional process, then yes.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  7. #897
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    I voted "Maybe."

    If they still have to stand up to pee, then no.

    If they have completed the transitional process, then yes.
    What about trans-women competing with naturally born women in sports?

  8. #898
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What about trans-women competing with naturally born women in sports?
    My answer does not change.

    If you are concerned about male musculature, I would think that the transgender hormonal treatments, inexperience with new body configuration, and the fact they would be competing with women who have been training for each sport all their lives would balance it out.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  9. #899
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    My answer does not change.

    If you are concerned about male musculature, I would think that the transgender hormonal treatments, inexperience with new body configuration, and the fact they would be competing with women who have been training for each sport all their lives would balance it out.
    I disagree that they should be allowed to until they meet some sort of standard that they are not retaining their male strength, speed, etc.

    No idea how to attain that standard so I simply say they should not be permitted to compete.

  10. #900
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Don't want to derail the topic but both are.. if not a "disorder" at least an unfortunate condition that they don't necessarily choose to have. Why would being born with one affliction make us feel sympathy while another makes the person evil scum? Psychopaths and pedophiles are born that way and need help, not hate.

    Oh it started out ridiculous.
    Pedophiles who sexually molest children deserve sympathy and are not scum? Interesting way to look at it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •