View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #81
    Lady Libertarian

    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,503

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I'm sorry. I don't understand your point. Please explain.
    Okaaaaay.... *puts on her 1st grade teacher hat*

    When humans are born, we're little people called "babies". We are biologically wired to grow into toddlers, adolescents, teenagers and then adults. We are no longer babies because we have gotten taller, our brains have developed to full potential and we can take care of ourselves. It's normal to change from a baby to an adult.

    When we're in our mama's belly, we were assigned a gender. Our gender can never change because we cannot change our sex chromosomes no matter how we change our outward appearance.

  2. #82
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    03-25-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,281

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    What exactly is it that people consider is going on in women's restrooms? The only time I've ever been in the bathroom and saw someone's vagina or had someone see mine was/is when we have urinalysis and either I'm donating or observing. It is called "stall doors". They work really well. And no one, male or female should be looking under them, trying to sneak a peek. What is the difference between men trying to sneak a peek and women trying to sneak a peek?
    I was generally conflating the "bathroom" and "shower room" and "locker room" issues.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

  3. #83
    Lady Libertarian

    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,503

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    As MildSteel just said, it's a whole lot more complicated.
    But it's not. We cannot change our gender because we cannot change our sex chromosomes. A man cannot completely change into a woman or vice versa. It's impossible. It's only complicated to people who want it to be different. It cannot be different.

  4. #84
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    An XX man or an XY women are not trangenders. XX men and XY women are people that suffer from a genetic disease. Your improper classification was ignored for a reason.
    Except very few people actually have seen theirs or anyone else's sex chromosomes. Not even a DNA test is common.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #85
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    03-25-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,281

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Threads like these sure do demonstrate how Social Conservatives are Authoritarians in the truest since of the world. They take an issue that personally bothers them yet has no impact at all on their life of their family's life, but since it personally bothers them, they wan't their personal beliefs codified into law.
    Ah yes. Whereas Liberals, of course, are not trying to codify anything into law whatsoever.


    You have to decide, for legal purposes, one way or the other. Attempting to blame that fact on one side or the other in order to wax poetic with rhetoric maybe sounds good in your head, but reads poorly to anyone willing to apply logic.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

  6. #86
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    03-25-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,281

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Except very few people actually have seen theirs or anyone else's sex chromosomes. Not even a DNA test is common.
    ...... how does that impact it? Relative lack of knowledge does not change physical reality.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

  7. #87
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,995
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    I was a baby boy. Not a girl.

    Babies don't stay babies, but boys grow up to be men. Boys do not grow up to be women. Not ever.
    All human fetuses begin development as females, and that includes you Bob. The Y-chromosome interrupts that process several weeks in with the direction of androgens. The breast tissue begins forming before the Y-chromosome kicks into gear, which is why you have nipples to feed your offspring, Bob.

    Also gives explanation as to why there is so much variation in biological sex. The development of primary and secondary sex characteristics isn't a straight and narrow path from Point A to B. There's a ton of contingencies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    But it's not. We cannot change our gender because we cannot change our sex chromosomes. A man cannot completely change into a woman or vice versa. It's impossible. It's only complicated to people who want it to be different. It cannot be different.
    ^ See above.
    Help fight Zika, TB, HIV/AIDs and water pollution by donating your CPU's excess processing time to scientific research.
    A self-serving billionaire engaging in historically massive personal corruption #NotMyPresident

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    You're the one arguing that a guy that looks like a guy, sounds like a guy and acts like a guy should be legally considered a female. Because ... actually, wait, what was your argument again?
    Because they are female. Tell me, why do you insist on ignoring the fact they are female?

  9. #89
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ...... how does that impact it? Relative lack of knowledge does not change physical reality.
    You don't know what their chromosomes actually are. They could be any number of things. They could have both, as many people do.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    All human fetuses begin development as females, and that includes you Bob. The Y-chromosome interrupts that process several weeks in with the direction of androgens. The breast tissue begins forming before the Y-chromosome kicks into gear, which is why you have nipples to feed your offspring, Bob.

    Also gives explanation as to why there is so much variation in biological sex. The development of primary and secondary sex characteristics isn't a straight and narrow path from Point A to B. There's a ton of contingencies.


    ^ See above.
    That doesn't debunk her argument. All you are talking about is human development in the above paragraphs. The Y chromosome and it's genetic importance still exists regardless of your argument.

Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •