View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 80 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #791
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    02-16-16 @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    88

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, I'm saying there is a huge gaping hole in that theory that they can't explain.
    I don't know of the supposed hole, but I'll leave it up to the professionals to decipher.

    Either way, when there is some uncertainty as you claim, I can't see how you justify to yourself claiming that people simply, factually are not what they say when this is such a widespread phenomena and factually not delusional. It's not logical and it's just mean.

  2. #792
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    I don't know of the supposed hole, but I'll leave it up to the professionals to decipher.

    Either way, when there is some uncertainty as you claim, I can't see how you justify to yourself claiming that people simply, factually are not what they say when this is such a widespread phenomena and factually not delusional. It's not logical and it's just mean.
    They can't figure it out. Again, I suspect the reason for this is because their conclusion is wrong.

    Regardless, the theory basically says that there was not enough testosterone present at the time of development leaving the brain as female, which means that the individual is in fact male, but they are suffering from a developmental issue.

    The fact that you associate a developmental problem with them actually being female is just stupid.
    Last edited by Henrin; 06-14-15 at 09:22 PM.

  3. #793
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    Trans MTF fights a woman in MMA, breaks her eye socket and gives her a concussion 2 minutes into the "fight".

    Yeah that's not at all problematic.

    Transgender MMA Fighter Destroys Female Opponent
    Total bull****... he should not be competing in women's sports.

  4. #794
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    Yes. I believe the following speaks for itself:

    “I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life, and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right.”

    Fox’s “grip was different,” Brents added. “I could usually move around in the clinch against…females but couldn’t move at all in Fox’s clinch.”

    In 2013, after a 39-second knockout victory, Fox’s fifth straight first-round victory, it was revealed that Fox had not told the MMA community about her sex-change operation, which took place in 2006.

    That person should never set foot in the ring again. Not revealing something so important should be criminal.
    She should be personally sued and criminally charged...

  5. #795
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    56,222

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    Didn't say being a man or woman was a social construct, nor did I imply it. The typical social ROLES associated with such are, however.
    Sure. They are, however, roles built upon a biological basis. Try as they might, no man is going to get pregnant.

    The point simply is that the leap between ethnicity is a switch between something much more ethereal, and much less based in basic biological differentiation. If a man can become a woman, that is a much bigger shift than a white person becoming a black person, or a native American becoming a Somali.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  6. #796
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    Yes, because calling someone who is a girl "she" with quotation marks is a sign of respect. It's totally not mocking. Keep making yourself believe in things that aren't true; seems to be going well for you.
    She is not a "girl"...

    My hurt feelings? Yes, my feelings are so hurt as someone who isn't a transgender person. And clearly because I'm arguing for human decency in relation to OTHER people, this is about MY feelings. It has everything to do with being empathetic to the individual at hand, and this is coming from someone who didn't deliberately try to disrespect her and other transgender people. I'd say that someone arguing on the side who HAS done such a non-human thing would have no rational basis for which to argue with, but rather a heap of emotional bias.
    So you are saying that being critical of a man fighting in a woman's sport is not being empathetic to that individual as a person?

    We both know this topic came up and is being presented the way it is in order to push a fear-mongering agenda, and you can deny or admit the truth but it remains the same.
    Wrong... it is not a fear mongering agenda. It is about being honest.

    Encouraging others to not act in ways that causes people severe distress is definitely coddling too. For sure. Keep telling yourself that so that you can stay mad that there are large movements that have nothing to do with you and are therefore unnecessary and indulgent in your mind.
    At least you aren't calling those that you disagree with bigots...

  7. #797
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    All of your posts about transgenderism, including this one, hinge on the disingenuous assertion that gender is inherently sex, which is largely false, and even if you were to criticize the sizable evidence base, you'd still likely conclude that it's "more than likely" false if you were to evaluate it honestly.

    With little doubt that this is false in all factual regards, there is no excuse to blatantly disregard someone's feelings and disrespect them on the basis that you have a hunch which goes against the evidence that, quite frankly, dismantles your worldview.

    In short, you, day by day, discredit evidence and professional consensus and replace these with suppositions and your own singular personal opinion so as to avoid the various conflicts within your line of reasoning.

    A eunuch is a man whose genitals have been removed. This woman, however, is not a man, by the most updated, accurate, professionally described version of the definition. Will you acknowledge this? Of course not. And to add you'll act like this one (largely unimportant) instance where we don't exactly know how the issue should be dealt with is some testament against the very principal of accepting the aforementioned facts.
    Evidence? He is a man.

    Professional consensus? Is best guess... nobody is a "professional" when it comes to this subject.

    As I predicted, you ignored the fact that you ignore facts. Ignorance seems to be a comfort zone for debaters of your style.
    Facts? The FACT is that a male is born a male and a male is a man and a man can NOT be a woman. That is the only fact that is relevant.

    You seem to throw around "delusional" a lot.
    This is an argument about people that are potentially delusional so that actually makes a lot of sense...

    So, so many people are just plain delusional I take it. Everyone but you, probably.
    Everyone but you equates to a delusional thought process...

  8. #798
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    Political correctness is simply not a real thing, and I hold no stock in fearmongering bordering on conspiracy theories. Different debate for a different time I suppose though.
    OMG! I wish I had read this post first... political correctness not a real thing? What a load of horse ****.

  9. #799
    Mildly Hostile
    505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    07-16-17 @ 02:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,361

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by zom View Post
    Yes, because calling someone who is a girl "she" with quotation marks is a sign of respect. It's totally not mocking.
    Would you rather I just used HE then?

    Actually, it is grasping at straws. It's an otherwise pretty dull story with some small micro-arguments to be had about it turned into a fear-mongering argument relating to trasngenderism as a whole, as usual with the slippery slope right. The only difference is that the slippery slopes are becoming more and more veiled and implicit.
    What are you even talking about? This thread has a lot of discussion about MTF trans people competing in women's sporting events. Of course the SJW stance is that hormone therapy is all that really matters, or that women are just as strong/fast/good as men at sports, or that it shouldn't matter anyway. The news story I posted is a perfect example of why that is simply NOT true, and it's a current event that just happened. It is very relevant to the discussion here.

    Nice one though for once again making it all about "muh feels".

    My hurt feelings? Yes, my feelings are so hurt as someone who isn't a transgender person. And clearly because I'm arguing for human decency in relation to OTHER people, this is about MY feelings. It has everything to do with being empathetic to the individual at hand, and this is coming from someone who didn't deliberately try to disrespect her and other transgender people.
    So in other words, you came into a thread titled "Should Transwomen Be Legally Treated As Women", where a lot of discussion was about sporting events and how to deal with that, and jumped all over somebody using quotation marks around "she" because he posted a news article about a MTF beating the absolute piss out of a woman in a MMA fight. You're just defending the poor oppressed helpless ones from your position of infinite privilege though and don't have any personal feelings about it. I see.

    I'd say that someone arguing on the side who HAS done such a non-human thing would have no rational basis for which to argue with, but rather a heap of emotional bias.
    Such a NON-HUMAN THING? Good lord. Yeah, saying "she" instead of she is so non-human. Gosh. How ever will I be able to sleep tonight knowing I am so awful?

    We both know this topic came up and is being presented the way it is in order to push a fear-mongering agenda, and you can deny or admit the truth but it remains the same.
    A news article popped up in my feed, it was related to this thread, so I posted it. It's not fear mongering, it's evidence that MTF should not be competing in sporting events against women. WTF mate?

    Seems like a sound hypothesis. It totally takes into account the fact that the majority of "SJWs" are NOT in the need of social justice.
    Hey, you're right again. They are in need of a soap box to push their perpetually offended BS agendas.

    I, being a non-trans white male, surely am being selfish while arguing for rights of others that don't relate to me.
    Yeah, so noble arguing for their RIGHTS to get into a ring with actual women and beat the living crap out of them. They are definitely SO OPPRESSED without that.

    Encouraging others to not act in ways that causes people severe distress is definitely coddling too. For sure. Keep telling yourself that so that you can stay mad that there are large movements that have nothing to do with you and are therefore unnecessary and indulgent in your mind.
    Again, putting quotation marks on "she" is not the end of the world. If that causes someone "severe distress", I'd refer them to the last 3 words in my sig.
    Disclaimer: If you are offended by the above post, and you aren't a SJW or truther, grow a pair.

  10. #800
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    So in other words, you came into a thread titled "Should Transwomen Be Legally Treated As Women", where a lot of discussion was about sporting events and how to deal with that, and jumped all over somebody using quotation marks around "she" because he posted a news article about a MTF beating the absolute piss out of a woman in a MMA fight. You're just defending the poor oppressed helpless ones from your position of infinite privilege though and don't have any personal feelings about it. I see.
    Don't you mean because, "he" posted a news article...

    Again, putting quotation marks on "she" is not the end of the world. If that causes someone "severe distress", I'd refer them to the last 3 words in my sig.
    How offensive! Telling "her" to grow a pair when she just had them cut off... you are not empathetic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •