View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 75 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #741
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-27-15 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    218

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    If you dont have a penis then I dont care about you entering the womens bathroom what so ever. Have fun in there. Hope it all comes out alright.
    No, no penis but, again, there has never been a case of a trans person attacking anyone in a bathroom. Ever. Anywhere. This is a fear based concocted non-issue.

    Just so you know, sexual desire goes way down when you take t-blockers and estrogen. Alan Turing was sentenced to this kind of "chemical castration" for the crime of being gay. Within a month ejaculate looks like preseminal fluid. By six months, most cannot get an erection and, if they could climax, it will be a few drops of this preseminal fluid. We also get emotional quite a bit but that is not relevant here...

    Will you add those who dress 24/7 female and have been "chemically castrated?" Just curious....

  2. #742
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,618

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaD View Post
    No, no penis but, again, there has never been a case of a trans person attacking anyone in a bathroom. Ever. Anywhere. This is a fear based concocted non-issue.

    Just so you know, sexual desire goes way down when you take t-blockers and estrogen. Alan Turing was sentenced to this kind of "chemical castration" for the crime of being gay. Within a month ejaculate looks like preseminal fluid. By six months, most cannot get an erection and, if they could climax, it will be a few drops of this preseminal fluid. We also get emotional quite a bit but that is not relevant here...

    Will you add those who dress 24/7 female and have been "chemically castrated?" Just curious....
    Thats where I have issues. If the penis exists there should be bathroom segregation. I guess every place open to public will either have to have 1 person occupancy gender neutral bathrooms or 3 different bathrooms for Male, Female, and Omni.
    Is society was made of coral our world would be floral.

  3. #743
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-27-15 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    218

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Thats where I have issues. If the penis exists there should be bathroom segregation. I guess every place open to public will either have to have 1 person occupancy gender neutral bathrooms or 3 different bathrooms for Male, Female, and Omni.
    Chris, what if the transwoman only had an orchiectomy (removal of testes)? Many cannot afford full SRS.

    This is not directed at Chris: The poll question is interesting. First, it does not say what legal rights we are talking about. There is not one gender marker lever which instantly makes you treated as a female for all purposes.

    Second, why do we only focus on transwomen? Have you seen transguys? Transmen get ruddy skin, can grow beards and may get male pattern baldness. They can develop strong muscles while taking T. Very few of them get bottom surgery because the alternatives are not very satisfactory. However, very few of them are mistaken as cis-women. Almost without exception, after months not years of T, they look and sound like short guys. I have several as friends and they are guys.

    Must they go to the women's bathrooms? If not, why not?

    See, e.g., Mason Davis formerly of the Transgender Law Center:

    http://transgenderlawcenter.org/wp-c...85-620x413.jpg

    You really want him with the women?

    Third, it's sad so many cis-gender people reduce the entire panoply of transgender experiences down to the simple act of going to the bathroom. It is said that we are reduced to the primal need to pee.

    What do people think happens in a women's bathroom? I keep my head down, go to the stall and quickly wash my hands, okay, I will also check myself in the mirror for makeup and clothing being awry, and then I go ASAP. I live in Oklahoma and know full well that a mother with her cubs could take a bite out of me, call the cops and living here, who knows what might happen? I will often dehydrate myself if I'm driving any distance so as not to be caught needing to go to the bathroom in a rural area. The transgender counselor at the training I spoke at yesterday said it is very common for trans kids to simply not go to the bathroom all day long. They dehydrate in the morning, rush home to pee, and then hydrate at home.

    We can't get past this issue. /sigh

  4. #744
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,694

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    As a matter of objective, undeniable, biological and scientific fact, you are, and will always be, male, not female. All the politically-correct crap that has been built around your condition does not change the solid truth. You are male, and to think that you are or can become female is delusional, perverse, and insane.

    And you have no legitimate business going into women's dressing rooms, locker rooms, restrooms, or similar facilities.

    You are not any more female than this guy is a lizard.

    **** you.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #745
    Mildly Hostile
    505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,360

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    **** you.
    What an amazingly helpful contribution to the thread.
    Disclaimer: If you are offended by the above post, and you aren't a SJW or truther, grow a pair.

  6. #746
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,694

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    What an amazingly helpful contribution to the thread.
    Succinctly expressing my opinion of a post?

    I agree.







    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #747
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,335
    Blog Entries
    25

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Thats where I have issues. If the penis exists there should be bathroom segregation. I guess every place open to public will either have to have 1 person occupancy gender neutral bathrooms or 3 different bathrooms for Male, Female, and Omni.
    So, do you picture people wearing pictures of penises and vaginas? Or do you picture badges with text? Will the TSA have added responsibilities, or is going to be honor system?


    Thank you, Quazi!

  8. #748
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,852

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    There's a big push on the left to have gender removed from birth certificates. The left seems to think we should all have the option to fill in the blank however we are "feeling" on any day.

    Scientifically, it is impossible to erase your birth sex. One can alter their appearance with surgeries, hormones, makeup and wigs but at the end of the day genetically they are the sex they were born. Hence the push to have it removed from birth certificates. And because of this fact, I do not know how one could justify in law a person born a male at birth but looks like a woman to be a woman by law.

  9. #749
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,785

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    part of me being a libertarian is allowing someone else to determine what they consider themselves to be
    Allowing somebody to feel that they are whatever is one thing... having the government force that "feeling" onto others in the form of shared toilette facilites or sports teams is quite another.

  10. #750
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,694

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    There's a big push on the left to have gender removed from birth certificates. The left seems to think we should all have the option to fill in the blank however we are "feeling" on any day.

    Scientifically, it is impossible to erase your birth sex. One can alter their appearance with surgeries, hormones, makeup and wigs but at the end of the day genetically they are the sex they were born. Hence the push to have it removed from birth certificates. And because of this fact, I do not know how one could justify in law a person born a male at birth but looks like a woman to be a woman by law.
    I think the counter to that might be "genetics does not define a person". Or something along those lines.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •