View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 66 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #651
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39,401

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, they are men.
    That, of course, is false and is why I would tend to be more hesitant in my support, which based on my upbringing and education would have been clear cut and forceful.

    That has changed considerably after having seen the gay lobby overshoot so viciously with ssm riding roughshod over freedom rights of other citizens.

  2. #652
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I don't honestly debate liars. Show where I said that I that transgendered people are "lying" or you will be relegated to the waste bin of the intellectually dishonest.
    You bet, you said it right here and in the next post as well, medical procedures correct nature's mistake which in fact does make one a man or woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The fact is that a man that feels like a woman is still a man. No surgery in the world will change this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    "Feeling" that you are a woman when you are in fact a man does not mean that the man is biologically a woman or that he can become one... just that he "feels" like one.
    Transsexuals, are their opposite sex of what they were born into.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Or has insight far beyond yours... B.A. and a Masters degree... you?
    Then you should have no problem showing these facts... the ones that show how "feelings" can be factually identified. Any person that has been to counseling knows that the counselor does nothing more than help and guide, at best, the client. They attempt to get to the root cause of emotional understanding but nothing about it is fact. The client "feels" what might be correct. "Feeling" that you are a woman when you are in fact a man does not mean that the man is biologically a woman or that he can become one... just that he "feels" like one.
    The point of going to a counselor is to understand the feelings and what the cause is. If the counselor is unable to identify the cause of the feelings, they simply are not very good at their job. Which is why there are so many specialists within the fields of Psychology. If you want general assistance go see a general Psychologist, but when when you need specialist assistance that is why you begin to deal with the facts of what causes emotions. Some examples would be Clinical Neuropsychology, Health psychology, behavioral and cognitive psychology. I'll admit these specialties are fairly new, but the whole field is growing as we find out more about the human condition.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  3. #653
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    This will be considered hate speech once the full transformation to the United States of Social Justice is complete, so you better learn how to check that cis-privilege soon bub.
    I agree with all three points and thanks for the ISC info...

    And I will just have to be a criminal when that day comes, I guess.

  4. #654
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    You bet, you said it right here and in the next post as well, medical procedures correct nature's mistake which in fact does make one a man or woman.
    Originally Posted by Bodhisattva
    The fact is that a man that feels like a woman is still a man. No surgery in the world will change this fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva
    "Feeling" that you are a woman when you are in fact a man does not mean that the man is biologically a woman or that he can become one... just that he "feels" like one.
    I clearly did not say that they are lying... I said that they feel like something that they are not. Lying takes conscious intent. Being deluded often prohibits one from lying. Are you deluded, or are you lying in trying to show that I said that they are lying?

  5. #655
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I clearly did not say that they are lying... I said that they feel like something that they are not. Lying takes conscious intent. Being deluded often prohibits one from lying. Are you deluded, or are you lying in trying to show that I said that they are lying?
    You said they are not the opposite sex, yet they clearly are.

    I don't see where your disconnect is, but the only delusion is when you claim they cannot biologically become male or female opposite to their sex. They might be medically infertile but reproductive organs do not a male or female make.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  6. #656
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    You said they are not the opposite sex, yet they clearly are.
    You said that I said that "they are lying"... prove that I said that they are lying. Clearly I did not make that claim or admit you are wrong and shut up about it.

    I don't see where your disconnect is, but the only delusion is when you claim they cannot biologically become male or female opposite to their sex. They might be medically infertile but reproductive organs do not a male or female make.
    Biologically a man can not become a woman. No overies, no uterus, no cervix and no womb. Sayiing that they are simply "might be medically infertile" females is obfuscation of the most drastic kind.

    I will never understand the cool aid drinkers that can't just admit the truth.

  7. #657
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You said that I said that "they are lying"... prove that I said that they are lying. Clearly I did not make that claim or admit you are wrong and shut up about it.
    I already did thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Biologically a man can not become a woman. No overies, no uterus, no cervix and no womb. Sayiing that they are simply "might be medically infertile" females is obfuscation of the most drastic kind.

    I will never understand the cool aid drinkers that can't just admit the truth.
    Umm, I know quite a few women without ovaries, uterus (is the same as a womb). A Cervix you might have a point but without the ovaries or uterus a cervix doesn't matter. So yes, being medically female or male is possible for a transsexual.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  8. #658
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,466

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I already did thanks.

    Umm, I know quite a few women without ovaries, uterus (is the same as a womb). A Cervix you might have a point but without the ovaries or uterus a cervix doesn't matter. So yes, being medically female or male is possible for a transsexual.
    A male is not going to magically get Fallopian tubes, and a female is not going to magically get vas deferens, amongst other medical impossibilities.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #659
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    I see them more as creatures than humans.

  10. #660
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I already did thanks.
    Not even close.

    I realize that not everybody is educated enough to understand that all you did was make an assumption by taking things out of context but that isn't my problem now, is it.

    No sense debating more complicated issues with you since you can't even quote me correctly...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •