View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 60 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #591
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    It's interesting that the intolerance ends to come from the right politically, and against M/F trans people. Nobody has railed aginst [sic] F/M trans people invading restrooms and locker-rooms, in the many threads on the topic.
    Not really surprising.

    The whole “transgender” movement is about denying basic differences between male and female, and suggesting a much higher degree of interchangeability and indistinction between them.

    But the truth is that men are different from women, in fundamental, unalterable ways. Among these is that men tend to be bigger, stronger, more aggressive, and more sexually-driven. Aside from basic issues of modesty and propriety, the separation of restrooms, dressing rooms, and such by sex is to protect women from sexual aggression by men, in the situations where women are left most vulnerable. There is much less need to protect men from such aggression from women.

    Aside from that, the prominent incidents that have come to public attention involving inappropriate invasions of “transgenders” into opposite-sex facilities have nearly all been men pretending to be women, invading women's-only facilities; and not women pretending to be men and invading men's facilities. Either the latter is happening much less frequently, or they are doing so more discretely.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #592
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    20,467

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That's because the opposing surgery sucks and no one usually makes the argument they can change sexes.
    They make precisely the same argument but in the opposite gender direction. Why does that not raise reactionary hackles? Male transgenders are much more likely to be able to see your junk, but none of you seem to mind, saving all concern for the wimminfolk.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  3. #593
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    They make precisely the same argument but in the opposite gender direction. Why does that not raise reactionary hackles? Male transgenders are much more likely to be able to see your junk, but none of you seem to mind, saving all concern for the wimminfolk.
    Well, I have only seen a few posters make the same argument in the opposite direction and when they did I responded in the same fashion as I would if they were making the claim about MTF's. Usually however they don't focus on FTM's, so I don't either.

  4. #594
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 03:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    It's interesting that the intolerance ends to come from the right politically, and against M/F trans people. Nobody has railed aginst F/M trans people invading restrooms and locker-rooms, in the many threads on the topic.

    My guess is those who have railed against transgenders are mostly male, and they fear they might find a M/F trans person attractive, which would blow out all their prior conceptions and they can't handle that.

  5. #595
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    My guess is those who have railed against transgenders are mostly male, and they fear they might find a M/F trans person attractive, which would blow out all their prior conceptions and they can't handle that.
    You will notice that I have said repeatedly that hormone treatment can make a male look like a female to the point where a straight male can find them attractive. You will also notice that I consider such a thing a problem because it is a form of deception.

  6. #596
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, factually it is wrong to say they changed sexes. You can make the gender argument because gender is subjective, but that isn't true for sex.
    Yeah?
    If you say so. Maybe they should consider making a choice that doesn't amount to deception and lies.
    True. It was a general statement, so of course there will be exceptions.
    The evidence of this being relevant to transgenders is?
    There is actually known reasons for those kind of things though.
    That's nice that GLAAD included them I guess. I don't see why I would care though.
    Probably not. I'm kind of a stubborn asshole. There is also a considerable amount of fakeness in being a transsexual. They are essentially men parading around like they are women. They are by all intents and purposes a counterfeit.
    My adopted uncle is gay. Finding that information out didn't change my opinion on the subject in the slightest.
    Maybe, but I'm usually pretty reserved and don't talk to people all that much in real life. Funny how I'm a loud mouth on here I guess.
    It is no more a choice than being left handed or green eyed or red hair. They are mutations in the genome and its becoming pretty well known. I understand that you probably don't seek out this type of information especially since it hurts your opinion when we start discussing facts, but here is one of the studies (many) that are going on regarding biological wiring that is different when it comes to transsexuals.
    http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Sex...rientation.pdf
    Not surprising since all humans start as female that pesky Y chromosome is potentially the cause of transsexuality.
    Adopted uncle is not the same as brother, sister, grandparent etc. Or even a close friend.
    You might not talk to a lot of people IRL but that doesn't mean you haven't interacted with someone who is transsexual in your life, unless you live in a rural area.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  7. #597
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Not really surprising.
    The whole “transgender” movement is about denying basic differences between male and female, and suggesting a much higher degree of interchangeability and indistinction between them.

    But the truth is that men are different from women, in fundamental, unalterable ways. Among these is that men tend to be bigger, stronger, more aggressive, and more sexually-driven. Aside from basic issues of modesty and propriety, the separation of restrooms, dressing rooms, and such by sex is to protect women from sexual aggression by men, in the situations where women are left most vulnerable. There is much less need to protect men from such aggression from women.
    Not true at all regarding transsexuality. Everything you've just posted is complete BS.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  8. #598
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You will notice that I have said repeatedly that hormone treatment can make a male look like a female to the point where a straight male can find them attractive. You will also notice that I consider such a thing a problem because it is a form of deception.
    You realize, of course, that you're using that as an argument against a position that is based entirely on deception and delusion, right?

    Someone who is OK with telling the world that male is female, and female is male—that the two sexes are interchangeable and the distinction between them is meaningless—isn't going to be put off by an extra layer of deception that stems from that position. It's really no stretch from even the most basic pro-transsexual position to think that there must be something wrong with any man who wants a relationship with a real woman and is unwilling to accept a mutilated man pretending to be a woman as a substitute.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  9. #599
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    Not true at all regarding transsexuality. Everything you've just posted is complete BS.
    Everything I have said on the subject is completely true and obvious, to anyone who hasn't been deceived by the lies and delusion surrounding the mental and moral illness that is transsexualism.

    Those of us who are sane are not under any obligation to play along with the sickness and delusions of those who are insane. There is no benefit to doing so.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #600
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    It is no more a choice than being left handed or green eyed or red hair. They are mutations in the genome and its becoming pretty well known. I understand that you probably don't seek out this type of information especially since it hurts your opinion when we start discussing facts, but here is one of the studies (many) that are going on regarding biological wiring that is different when it comes to transsexuals.
    http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Sex...rientation.pdf
    Not surprising since all humans start as female that pesky Y chromosome is potentially the cause of transsexuality.
    Adopted uncle is not the same as brother, sister, grandparent etc. Or even a close friend.
    You might not talk to a lot of people IRL but that doesn't mean you haven't interacted with someone who is transsexual in your life, unless you live in a rural area.
    Chromosomal abnormalities in transsexuals is hardly something you can at this point consider a consistent or something characteristic of transgenderism. The conclusion they seem to reach that a few reported cases of Chromosomal abnormalities in transgenders means there is any sort of cause and effect appears to then be extremely premature.

    Also, the Y chromosome not being active does not mean that everyone starts off as female.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •