View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 6 of 141 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #51
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    56,222

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No, they are not biological women and never will be. I can understand some kind of third status, but recognizing them and legally treating them as biological women shouldn't happen because they aren't. Many things that apply to real women like reproductive health, motherhood, military draft requirements and other such things don't merit special status for a transwoman.

    Also, I don't think the government should be under any compulsion to give into their own desired gender status.

    I'm okay with them designating themselves as female on licenses, government forms and whatnot (same for transmen), but other issues like pregnancy health insurance coverage, draft issues and other such things need to be different.
    Don't forget drivers insurance. I could have saved a bunch of money as a teen by suddenly discovering that I was a girl.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  2. #52
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    56,222

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    Ha. This is funny. You actually don't believe me.

    Buck Angel is a transman. He was born a she. His DNA would show that he's an XX woman. Look at Buck Angel's lower left pectoral. You can see the scar where he had his top surgery done (a mastectomy). He's quite renowned in the trans-community, because he's a adult films producer.

    Attachment 67182898

    Brae Carnes is a transwoman. She was born a he. Her DNA would show that she's an XY man. Her transition video is here.

    Attachment 67182899

    And your point is that.... we can drastically alter someone's appearance with plastic surgery and hormone treatments?
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    Ha. This is funny. You actually don't believe me.

    Buck Angel is a transman. He was born a she. His DNA would show that he's an XX woman. Look at Buck Angel's lower left pectoral. You can see the scar where he had his top surgery done (a mastectomy). He's quite renowned in the trans-community, because he's a adult films producer.

    Attachment 67182898

    Brae Carnes is a transwoman. She was born a he. Her DNA would show that she's an XY man. Her transition video is here.

    Attachment 67182899
    Ahem..nothing you just said debunks or even challenges my argument. You're simply using improper classification and pretending as if your argument wasn't already dismantled.

  4. #54
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    An XY male. AKA Brae Carnes, a transwoman.

    Attachment 67182894


    An XX female. AKA Buck Angel, a transman.

    Attachment 67182895

    And this is a reptile, right?

    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 04-08-15 at 10:24 PM. Reason: May Laurence Tureaud have compassion on him. — http://tinyurl.com/Laurence0Tureaud
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    And your point is that.... we can drastically alter someone's appearance with plastic surgery and hormone treatments?
    Yes, and the problem with this is? I know a FTM trans individual, actually went to school with him, the appearance is a way to express his real identity.

  6. #56
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    56,222

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Yes, and the problem with this is?
    he seemed to think he was demonstrating something meaningful. I'm not sure what. This guy went to a lot of effort to change his appearance to look more like a lizard.

    I know a FTM trans individual, actually went to school with him, the appearance is a way to express their real identity.
    my sister had a fiance who, after being a lesbian for years, suddenly discovered she was actually a man. The breakup was painful. Anywho, she got the top surgery done, but not the bottom, and is now taking hormone treatments in order to grow out her beard. Again. Knowing someone who suffers from this doesn't, actually, have meaning to the debate, unless you think the debate should be solved by whether or not we are willing to disagree with people in our real-world lives.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't heard anyone who opposes say exactly what defines a person's sex.

  8. #58
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,095
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    And your point is that.... we can drastically alter someone's appearance with plastic surgery and hormone treatments?
    If you're comfortable forcing Buck Angel and other FTMs to use the bathroom of their gender at birth, instead of the gender they identify with, then we have no problem.

    Oh, and here's Balian Buschbaum. He's a German athelete and another FTM who'd many Republicans would like to use the female's bathroom ... because, again, he was born a female.

    Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]-tumblr_ly8c6rdv2f1qlzwg8-jpg
    Help fight Zika, TB, HIV/AIDs and water pollution by donating your CPU's excess processing time to scientific research.
    A self-serving billionaire engaging in historically massive personal corruption #NotMyPresident

  9. #59
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    56,222

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    And this is a reptile, right?
    Dang you, bob, you stole my line
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  10. #60
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,095
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Ahem..nothing you just said debunks or even challenges my argument. You're simply using improper classification and pretending as if your argument wasn't already dismantled.
    You're the one arguing that a guy that looks like a guy, sounds like a guy and acts like a guy should be legally considered a female. Because ... actually, wait, what was your argument again?
    Help fight Zika, TB, HIV/AIDs and water pollution by donating your CPU's excess processing time to scientific research.
    A self-serving billionaire engaging in historically massive personal corruption #NotMyPresident

Page 6 of 141 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •