View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 56 of 141 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #551
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The arrogance, ignorance and shame of that statement. You were on the right track up to that point. In a single paragraph you argued against forcing people to accept a version of gender they disagree by... forcing people to accept a version of gender they disagree with.

    Amazing.
    You do realize he just commented on an area he is an expert in, right?

  2. #552
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,879
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You do realize he just commented on an area he is an expert in, right?
    And... what area is that? Hypocrisy?
    C.T.L.W. You figure it out



  3. #553
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,518

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    There was no proof.
    So the link that I provided that supported my argument that a simple XY (male) and a simple XX (female) gene set isn't the end all be all of what determines a persons sex is "no proof"? Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Any cutting or removal of genital organs means any cutting or removal genital organs. There is no way you can take that and somehow get that it only applies to involuntary action or that it only applies to voluntary action.
    And using JUST your STRICT definition even piercing to put a hoop on a clit or penis is considered genital mutilation and entirely ignoring that such can be and often is in the US considered not as genital mutilation but as genital modification.

    The world is NOT black and white Henrin. It never was and never will be. The ONLY thing that can be black and white is a persons thoughts. People often ignore all the little grey areas that exist when it goes against something that they dislike or are against. Fortunately anyone that isn't colorblind and uses their eyes see all sorts of colors in the world.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #554
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,518

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You do realize he just commented on an area he is an expert in, right?
    Digs is an expert in genetics! Cool! Oh wait...I don't recall anywhere him claiming to be an expert in genetics.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #555
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So the link that I provided that supported my argument that a simple XY (male) and a simple XX (female) gene set isn't the end all be all of what determines a persons sex is "no proof"? Really?
    You never applied the argument to transgenders.

    And using JUST your STRICT definition even piercing to put a hoop on a clit or penis is considered genital mutilation and entirely ignoring that such can be and often is in the US considered not as genital mutilation but as genital modification.
    Any cut or removal of genital organs. If it involves cutting or removing genital organs it is genital mutilation, and if it doesn't, it's not. This isn't hard.

    The world is NOT black and white Henrin. It never was and never will be. The ONLY thing that can be black and white is a persons thoughts. People often ignore all the little grey areas that exist when it goes against something that they dislike or are against. Fortunately anyone that isn't colorblind and uses their eyes see all sorts of colors in the world.
    Sigh..words mean things. I'm sorry that you can't accept that, but is what it is.

  6. #556
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,400

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The arrogance, ignorance and shame of that statement. You were on the right track up to that point. In a single paragraph you argued against forcing people to accept a version of gender they disagree by... forcing people to accept a version of gender they disagree with.

    Amazing.
    Biologically is the key word. Biologically they are their birth sex. When it comes to legal documents their should be something in place indicating their sex is male but gender identity is female. If everything just says "female" for a MTF trans person what's stopping them from trying to get free birth control, avoid selective service, try to cheat insurance companies or pay higher rates for health insurance (due to pregnancy and women's health risks they obviously won't have to worry about)? Their biological sex is male, their bodies are male and it maintains a female appearance through surgery, hormones and aesthetics. They may present and their gender identity may be famle but we shouldn't throw out biological fact and remove any distinction of their biological sex in the name of advancing some irrational hyper pro-LGBT agenda.
    Last edited by digsbe; 04-17-15 at 06:04 PM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #557
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,852

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Does using taxpayer money somehow interfere with other peoples Rights? Nope.



    I wonder just how many things that the voters would have voted against through out our history..and yet still was done by the government AND has turned out to have been beneficial to society. At one point in history many thought it indefensible to allow a black man and a white woman to marry. At one point in time it was indefensible to allow a black woman to drink from a white mans fountain.
    Please keep continuing with such an opinion. For if it gets any further than your opinion, I guarantee you there will be people grabbing their torches and pitchforks and heading to the streets. We the People have the right to overthrow an out of control government. And a whole hell of a lot of citizens currently think we should have done it yesterday.

  8. #558
    Molecular Biology Freak
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    USC, Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    06-21-16 @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    16,359

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    If I graft a horn to my forehead and put horseshoes on my hands and feet, do I get to legally call myself a unicorn?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #559
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,879
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Biologically is the key word. Biologically they are their birth sex. When it comes to legal documents their should be something in place indicating their sex is male but gender identity is female. If everything just says "female" for a MTF trans person what's stopping them from trying to get free birth control, avoid selective service, try to cheat insurance companies or pay higher rates for health insurance (due to pregnancy and women's health risks they obviously won't have to worry about)? Their biological sex is male, their bodies are male and it maintains a female appearance through surgery, hormones and aesthetics. They may present and their gender identity may be famle but we shouldn't throw out biological fact and remove any distinction of their biological sex in the name of advancing some irrational hyper pro-LGBT agenda.
    "Hey lady, you're a woman... but not really sorry you're a man still. Enjoy! Oh and don't you dare try to force anyone to think otherwise..."
    C.T.L.W. You figure it out



  10. #560
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    "Hey lady, you're a woman... but not really sorry you're a man still. Enjoy! Oh and don't you dare try to force anyone to think otherwise..."
    Great rebuttal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •