View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 55 of 141 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #541
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And yet men become women all the time and visa versa.
    Except they don't.

    So everyone is to always be treated the same? Those with chicken pox should be treated with radiation like those with cancer? Those with heart disease should never be able to get a transplant since the medical procedure involves using something that is not naturally a part of their body when they were born? Different things should always be treated differently. Not even a lung cancer patient is treated the same as a patient with liver cancer.

    As far as "mutilation" goes, that is really subjective as to whether something is considered mutilation or not. For instance I consider tattoo's to be mutilation of the body and yet millions of people, including my wife, have tattoos. IE: Just because YOU consider it mutilation doesn't mean that it is.
    Genital mutilation has a definition and everything.

    any type of cutting or removal of all or some of the genital organs, especially excision of the clitoris.

    Are you really going to argue that it's not genital mutilation? You can justify it when the body part in question is in need of medical treatment, but when it is healthy there is really no way to argue any cutting or removal of genital organs is justified. Treating something involves facing the source of the issue, not appeasing the issue with what it wants to see by acting on healthy body parts and removing bodily function from the patient.
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-17-15 at 03:27 PM.

  2. #542
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,521

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Except they don't.
    Except that they do. You may not accept it as such. But they do. What they believe in themselves is more important than what you believe about them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Genital mutilation has a definition and everything.

    any type of cutting or removal of all or some of the genital organs, especially excision of the clitoris.

    Are you really going to argue that it's not genital mutilation? You can justify it when the body part in question is in need of medical treatment, but when it is healthy there is really no way to argue any cutting or removal of genital organs is justified. Treating something involves facing the source of the issue, not appeasing the issue with what it wants to see by acting on healthy body parts and removing bodily function from the patient.
    Their is a difference between genital mutilation and genital modification. They both have their own definitions. You are misapplying your definition.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #543
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Except that they do. You may not accept it as such. But they do. What they believe in themselves is more important than what you believe about them.
    Facts don't care what they think.

    Their is a difference between genital mutilation and genital modification. They both have their own definitions. You are misapplying your definition.
    Seriously, that is your argument? Who told you that genital modification doesn't involve genital mutilation?

  4. #544
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,521

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Facts don't care what they think.
    Yes and facts show that there is a difference between someone that is transgender vs those that are not. Gene's don't lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Seriously, that is your argument? Who told you that genital modification doesn't involve genital mutilation?
    Who told you that it does? Do you know the difference between the two?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #545
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yes and facts show that there is a difference between someone that is transgender vs those that are not. Gene's don't lie.
    You didn't defend this argument the last time you made it.

    Who told you that it does? Do you know the difference between the two?
    Do you have any idea what goes into this surgery? Anyone that says it doesn't involve genital mutilation is frankly ignorant or lying.

  6. #546
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,521

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You didn't defend this argument the last time you made it.
    I did. You just didn't listen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Do you have any idea what goes into this surgery? Anyone that says it doesn't involve genital mutilation is frankly ignorant or lying.
    Apparently you don't know the difference. One is involuntary. The other is voluntary.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #547
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I did. You just didn't listen.
    No, you didn't.

    Apparently you don't know the difference. One is involuntary. The other is voluntary.
    Where in the definition does it say anything about involuntary or voluntary action? It doesn't.

  8. #548
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,521

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, you didn't.
    Yes I did. Once I provided my proof all that you did was attempt to claim that I was saying that you said something that you did not. Not once addressing what I actually provided. Since you decided to do that I decided to just stop responding since you obviously didn't want to address what I had provided but instead wanted to make it about me and you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Where in the definition does it say anything about involuntary or voluntary action? It doesn't.
    And definitions really highlight all the grey areas in a subject....right? Not.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #549
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,879
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Bottom line though, they have the right to be trans and people shouldn't stop them. But they also should never have the right to demand that others recognize their status, force their identity and definition of gender upon others or be recognized biologically as anything other than their birth sex.
    The arrogance, ignorance and shame of that statement. You were on the right track up to that point. In a single paragraph you argued against forcing people to accept a version of gender they disagree by... forcing people to accept a version of gender they disagree with.

    Amazing.
    C.T.L.W. You figure it out



  10. #550
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,624

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yes I did. Once I provided my proof all that you did was attempt to claim that I was saying that you said something that you did not. Not once addressing what I actually provided. Since you decided to do that I decided to just stop responding since you obviously didn't want to address what I had provided but instead wanted to make it about me and you.
    There was no proof.

    And definitions really highlight all the grey areas in a subject....right? Not.
    Any cutting or removal of genital organs means any cutting or removal genital organs. There is no way you can take that and somehow get that it only applies to involuntary action or that it only applies to voluntary action.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •