View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #481
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,621

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    You two have made a claim. A claim cannot be proven false in and of it self short of proving something else exclusive to the claim. You can only prove the claim true, or not prove it true. When the latter occurs, it does not prove the claim false.

    The claim is that a "transwoman" is a man because the individual was born with a penis and has the XY combination. The inverse is also claimed regarding transmen. Yet you cannot positively support your claim and show that transwomen only have the XY combination with no other DNA within their bodies or other genetic anomalies that would cause the inner/outer conflict. Anomalies that you even note places such an individual outside the argument.
    You have no proof for your argument you believe could possibly debunk his argument. Since there is no proof of your argument there is no reason to prove it is untrue since all evidence suggests that is the case. At this point all you have is a claim that is at best an empty challenge no one must humor.

  2. #482
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    First off, how many things have we discovered are not as rare as we once thought they were simply because we now know more medically and genetically? So the question first is, are these things rare or unrecognized? Secondly, I make no claim as to the cause of transgenderism. I merely note that there could be other factors in play, factors that you call anomalies, that could cause this conflict. You are the ones making the claim that trans only have the one set of DNA with no anomalies.
    A claim that is solid enough that we can most reasonably assume that it is true, until there is sufficient evidence to support otherwise. That's the point.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  3. #483
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,039

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    A woman doesn't need to go into a toilet to be viewed a certain way be some kinds of men.

    I work in a profession that's 90% female. At conferences the facilities in the buildngs are normally provided 50/50 male to female. It's the norm for females to use the stalls in the mens' rooms at comfort breaks, to avoid the inevitable jams in the ladies', and save the need for breaks to be doubled in length.
    Do you work where there is lots of alcohol? Do people show up to get laid?

  4. #484
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,110

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    You have no proof of your argument there is no reason to prove it is untrue since all evidence suggests that is the case. At this point all you have is a claim that is at best an empty challenge no one must humor.
    Except I am not attempting to make a claim to be proven. I have offered up possibilities as to your claim might not be true, but you both seem intent on not backing up your claim. You have said "X". I say, "can you prove 'X'? Can you prove that factors A, B and C are part of if not wholly the cause, by showing that only X is present?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    A claim that is solid enough that we can most reasonably assume that it is true, until there is sufficient evidence to support otherwise. That's the point.
    Ah a Geocentric kind of guy. After all the evidence that the sun moves around the earth is right before your eyes everyday. You simply can't look at a trans and determine that their genetic make up is what you claim a male or female is, any more than you can look at someone with cancer and say that it comes from their genetics. Therefore you have no basis upon which to lay your claim that they fit your male/female genetic description.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  5. #485
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    20,465

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Do you work where there is lots of alcohol? Do people show up to get laid?
    Do you have a rich fantasy life there in mom's basement?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #486
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,181

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Men and women should not be treated differently by the law.

    If you're asking whether or not a man should have "Sex: M" listed on a government document like a driver's license, then yes, it should say "Sex: M."

  7. #487
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,039

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Do you have a rich fantasy life there in mom's basement?
    That was not a very good deflection. I simply pointed out that your work place isnt the same as a bar where people go to drink alcohol and possibly get laid. Most date rapes start at drinking establishments. I just dont think it is wise for any woman to put them self in a situation that could end up very bad. If you disagree whatever, I dont care. The troll accusation though is less than I expected from you. It was disappointing to read.

  8. #488
    Molecular Biology Freak
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    USC, Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    06-21-16 @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    16,359

    re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well, what do you think?
    No. If I call myself a donkey, I won't get to be legally treated as a donkey. If I call myself the King of Spain, I won't be legally treated as the King of Spain.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #489
    Molecular Biology Freak
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    USC, Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    06-21-16 @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    16,359

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Therefore you have no basis upon which to lay your claim that they fit your male/female genetic description.
    Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. It's really not much more complicated than that.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #490
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    27,031

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. It's really not much more complicated than that.
    So when one is removed and replaced with the other?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •