View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 37 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The fact is that there are women who have XY chromosomes. That tells you that the causality of being a woman IS NOT the presence of XX chromosomes.
    It tells me the importance of the SRY gene.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It tells me the importance of the SRY gene.
    What is says is that you and others who advocate this position have manufactured these so called "immutable" biological laws that don't exist. If the causality of being a woman was indeed XX chromosomes, we would not observe women with XY chromosomes. It simply would not be possible.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    What is says is that you and others who advocate this position have manufactured these so called "immutable" biological laws that don't exist. If the causality of being a woman was indeed XX chromosomes, we would not observe women with XY chromosomes. It simply would not be possible.
    All you're telling me is that you have no idea what the SRY gene does.

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    All you're telling me is that you have no idea what the SRY gene does.
    What I am telling you that if you say to me that A causes B, and then I present to you a case where A does not cause B, then your case is finished.

  5. #365
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 03:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You do realize this is not a helpful mutation, right? Please stop arguing with the use of generic arguments and research genetic diseases.
    Hard to know. Over time, maybe it will be helpful.

    But "helpful" and "unhelpful" are our subjective assessments. nature doesn't care.

  6. #366
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 03:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Perhaps you should leave it to me to express what my ideas are, and how they differ from what other ideas. KLess risk, that way, of embarrassing yourself by being caught saying something that is both wrong and incredibly stupid, as you just did.
    No, what I said wasn't wrong or stupid. If it doesn't match with your beliefs, that's up to you. That doesn't say anything about my ideas.

    how about you stick to the thread instead of insulting other posters?

    left-handedness is "deviant" from the norm. Are you calling it a defect? or is a deviance only a defect if you don't like it?

  7. #367
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 03:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You do know a woman with XY has a genetic disease, right?
    not a disease. a disparity from the norm.

  8. #368
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 03:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You have made a subjective value judgement based on what you want others to be. Not only that but the biological basis that you are so fond of is flawed. There are indeed women with XY chromosomes and who don't have the female organs necessary for reproduction.

    You are basing your assessment on immutable laws that don't exist.
    Where have I made a value judgement? Biology is objectively a better criteria. If anyone is defining people by what they want others to be it is you. You want to call them "women" because of how they act, or self-identify. But that's not a rational criteria, as I pointed out already. The only objectively meaningful subject here is reproductive function, defined by ovaries and testes. This is the only reason we need laws separating the sexes, and it becomes futile if we define it instead by gender.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    not a disease. a disparity from the norm.
    No, XY women is caused by a mutilated or missing SRY gene. Sorry, but that is a genetic disease.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Where have I made a value judgement? Biology is objectively a better criteria. If anyone is defining people by what they want others to be it is you. You want to call them "women" because of how they act, or self-identify. But that's not a rational criteria, as I pointed out already. The only objectively meaningful subject here is reproductive function, defined by ovaries and testes. This is the only reason we need laws separating the sexes, and it becomes futile if we define it instead by gender.
    Your choice of criteria is a subjective value judgement and the fact that there are those that disagree with you demonstrates that. Moreover, that FACT that there are women who have neither XY chromosomes nor ovaries demonstrates that there is much more to the experience of being a woman that that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •