View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 34 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #331
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,621

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Genetic knowledge is not subjective. Selective groupings are.
    That still makes no sense. The individuals that suffer from the genetic disease you mentioned are grouped together because they all share the same condition. Males or females are also grouped together because of their bioloigical and genetic characteristics, not because someone justed wanted to do it. There is nothing subjective about this and I'm sorry but MTF individuals are male.

  2. #332
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,621

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Out of billions of people that've walked this planet, only a tiny handful have walked on the moon. It's a lot easier to just round down to humanity never having walked on the moon, right?
    People that suffer from a genetic disease are outliers and can not be used to describe the norm. Including the outliers in your calculation will only lead to an incorrect conclusion.

  3. #333
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That still makes no sense. The individuals that suffer from the genetic disease you mentioned are grouped together because they all share the same condition. Males or females are also grouped together because of their bioloigical and genetic characteristics, not because someone justed wanted to do it. There is nothing subjective about this and I'm sorry but MTF individuals are male.
    If we're sorting people by chromosomes, then yes, they all share characteristic chromosomes makeup. You're extrapolating beyond that when you're claiming greater definitions.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  4. #334
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Out of billions of people that've walked this planet, only a tiny handful have walked on the moon. It's a lot easier to just round down to humanity never having walked on the moon, right?
    It's difficult to discern that you have any point there. That, as a result of an extremely complex and costly government effort, a handful of people have had the privilege of walking on the Moon, really doesn't tell us anything at all useful about the vast majority of us who have no realistic chance of ever doing so.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  5. #335
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 03:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Genetic knowledge is not subjective. You're basically making an anti-science argument.
    Calling a genetic deviation a "defect" is subjective. High intelligence is a genetic deviation - but I don't think we call it a "defect". So yes, the concept of a defect is a social construct.

  6. #336
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,621

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Calling a genetic deviation a "defect" is subjective. High intelligence is a genetic deviation - but I don't think we call it a "defect". So yes, the concept of a defect is a social construct.
    Seriously, it is literally a genetic disease. That is a defect.

  7. #337
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That still makes no sense. The individuals that suffer from the genetic disease you mentioned are grouped together because they all share the same condition. Males or females are also grouped together because of their bioloigical and genetic characteristics, not because someone justed wanted to do it. There is nothing subjective about this and I'm sorry but MTF individuals are male.
    Similar chromosomes don't define themselves as a disease, societies do. Similar chromosomes don't define themselves as having a gender, societies do.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  8. #338
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    People that suffer from a genetic disease are outliers and can not be used to describe the norm. Including the outliers in your calculation will only lead to an incorrect conclusion.
    You're using the norm to define outliers, why is the opposite wrong?
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,621

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    You're using the norm to define outliers, why is the opposite wrong?
    Ask your statistics teacher or a scientist.

  10. #340
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    It's difficult to discern that you have any point there. That, as a result of an extremely complex and costly government effort, a handful of people have had the privilege of walking on the Moon, really doesn't tell us anything at all useful about the vast majority of us who have no realistic chance of ever doing so.
    The point is that outliers are valid data even if they're not representative of the majority.

    Science isn't about ignoring data that conflicts with your hypothesis.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •