View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 21 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #201
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If we are going to use the term gender we should define it in a consistent and logical manner. Calling two groups of people the same gender is illogical and makes the entire concept useless.
    Gender is what society agrees on it to be.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  2. #202
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,621

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Gender is what society agrees on it to be.
    And society largely disagrees with you. It also doesn't change the fact that calling MTF individuals and born women the same gender is illogical.

  3. #203
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    And society largely disagrees with you. It also doesn't change the fact that calling MTF individuals and born women the same gender is illogical.
    The list of things society disagrees with me on is extensive.

    We'll define gender objectively as soon as you define "woman" objectively.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  4. #204
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,621

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    The list of things society disagrees with me on is extensive.
    Does that even matter to the point?

    We'll define gender objectively as soon as you define "woman" objectively.
    If you are calling born women and transgenders the same gender the best you can argue is subjectivity. Objectively they are not the same and it makes no sense to call them by the same name.

  5. #205
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,635

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    No one chooses who they're attracted to.
    Have you ever been attracted to a transgendered person? Or is your random attraction limited to people of your preferred flavor who got there naturally?

    This is kind if the point, no one will outright say they are sexually attracted to transgendered people. For everyone who claims to be tolerant. Why not?

    Certainly transgendered people deserve equal protection under the law, but. Find it weird that people will get upset shen you refer to them by their actual physical gender and then dodge my little gender blindness test
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  6. #206
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Does that even matter to the point?
    Not particularly, but you brought the popularity of my opinion up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you are calling born women and transgenders the same gender the best you can argue is subjectivity. Objectively they are not the same and it makes no sense to call them by the same name.
    No two beings are the same. The similarities that we emphasize are the similarities we emphasize. Nothing more.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  7. #207
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Have you ever been attracted to a transgendered person?
    Yes. And I'm celibate.


  8. #208
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,635

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post

    We'll define gender objectively as soon as you define "woman" objectively.
    XX

    Clearly what you're dodging is that, before you add the third X there must be two present
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,621

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Not particularly, but you brought the popularity of my opinion up.
    Fair enough.

    No two beings are the same. The similarities that we emphasize are the similarities we emphasize. Nothing more.
    So that is your argument? So basically you're arguing that the difference between lets say two born men are equivalent to that of a man and a FTM? I don't see how that makes sense.

  10. #210
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,635

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Yes. And I'm celibate.

    Well you are the first one to say yes and I will believe you
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •