View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 20 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #191
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    But you're a lesbian and they are a man. Sure, they look like women, but wouldn't you be aware they are in fact a man? Wouldn't you also be aware that their pussy is basically a male genitalia moved around to look like a vagina? Wouldn't that bother you just a little bit as a lesbian?
    As in keeping with the history of these threads, your definitions of male and female are not absolute.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  2. #192
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,447

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I would have no problem dating a transwoman.
    Now I didn't say dating , I said sexual. While those two are not mutually exclusive they are also not synonymous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    As in keeping with the history of these threads, your definition of male and female are not absolute.
    Ok, so the only way that argument would apply here is if you believe that MTF individuals are women. Since that is factually incorrect I don't see where your argument has to go.

  4. #194
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,447

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    As in keeping with the history of these threads, your definition of male and female are not absolute.
    They should be though, there should be nothng controversial about saying someone with male genitalia is a man or vice versa. We seen to live in a society where if science isn't convenient just ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  5. #195
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Ok, so the only way that argument would apply here is if you believe that MTF individuals are women. Since that is factually incorrect I don't see where your argument has to go.
    I believe that gender is a social construct. MTF are whatever gender society determines them to be on a social level, and independent beings with various similarities to other independent beings beyond that.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  6. #196
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,447

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I believe that gender is a social construct. MTF are whatever gender society determines them to be on a social level, and independent beings with various similarities to other independent beings beyond that.
    So will you engage in social construction with one of these social constructs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I believe that gender is a social construct. MTF are whatever gender society determines them to be on a social level, and independent beings with various similarities to other independent beings beyond that.
    If we are going to use the term gender we should define it in a consistent and logical manner. Calling two groups of people the same gender is illogical and makes the entire concept useless.

  8. #198
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    They should be though, there should be nothng controversial about saying someone with male genitalia is a man or vice versa. We seen to live in a society where if science isn't convenient just ignore
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  9. #199
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    So will you engage in social construction with one of these social constructs?
    No one chooses who they're attracted to.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  10. #200
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,447

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    1) is incredibly rare
    2) is not the topic at hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •