View Poll Results: Should transwomen be legally trreated as women?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 47.53%
  • No

    63 38.89%
  • Maybe

    11 6.79%
  • Don't know

    11 6.79%
Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1409

Thread: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?[W:165,1392]

  1. #151
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    16,258

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    1: Right to association is an actual Right. You might wish to ignore that but hey, you don't have to acknowledge it for it to actually exist.

    2: The fact that a business operates in communities does not strip the owners of their Rights.
    Of course right of association is a right. That is why public accommodation laws do not restrict any private associations, churches, or clubs. A business that is open to the public is an entirely different legal matter and that is why you don't have any courts agreeing with your position on this.


    Really? Then why did the OP have to ask the question that is posed in the poll? Apparently it affects far more than you realize.
    Yes it affects the lives of the transgendered and their families. How does it impact your life?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #152
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You WERE a baby boy, but you are not one now. Therefore we should not treat you as you are one now. What you are doing is tying a person's sex to the condition of their body, but the condition of a person's body can change. Just like we don't treat you like a baby boy, just because that was the condition of your body at birth, we should not treat someone based on the condition of their body at the time of their birth.
    XY chromosomes do not change into XX. “Boy parts” do not change into “girl parts”. No current or plausibly-anticipated technology makes it possible for someone who was born one sex to fulfill the reproductive functions of the other sex. Sex isn't just a malleable “condition” of a human body; it is an immutable, essential trait of a human being.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  3. #153
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I voted "don't know," but let me explain. I don't think that they should legally be treated as women, because I don't really think the law should have anything to do with it. I think that people should be decent enough to treat people well, and honor the gender that they identify with, but I just don't know if I want the law involved in anything.
    You have raised a point here that I've considered for quite some time only mine may be a bit more expanded. I've thought that the government should not make a distinction with not only gender identity but with pretty much ANY type of classification regarding humans. IE: Get rid of the racial characterizations as we are ALL human. Get rid of genderism on their forms. etc etc. I fully believe that by using such classifications all it does is keep racism, sexism etc etc alive and well because people all to often use those classifications for their own bigoted agenda's.

    IMO the government needs to start making laws based on humanity. Not groups.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #154
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    So why do you think biology is a better way for legal purposes?
    Biological sex is an object distinction, based on hard scientific criteria. “Gender”—where it is claimed to differ from one's biological sex—is not.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  5. #155
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I have thought about what you have put forward. I think that there is certainly a strong case to be made for this in the case of marriage. That said, because we don't require women to disclose such things as whether or not they have had sex with animals before engaging in intercourse, I don't think transwomen should be required to disclose such, unless there is some sort of health risk to the other party.

    Good point though. I had not thought about that.
    Certainly, a man who is entering into a relationship that might lead to marriage, and absolutely, before he gets to the point of marriage, has a right to know that the “woman” in question is not a woman at all.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  6. #156
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Of course right of association is a right. That is why public accommodation laws do not restrict any private associations, churches, or clubs. A business that is open to the public is an entirely different legal matter and that is why you don't have any courts agreeing with your position on this.
    Yeah, you keep hanging onto that "legality" argument and ignore the fact that you are promoting the same thing that you accused social conservatives of. Both groups of what they consider valid reasons for doing so. Even if both sides are equally just as wrong as the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Yes it affects the lives of the transgendered and their families. How does it impact your life?
    It impacted my life by changing my outlook on transgenders after I met one.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #157
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    The distinction between male and female is a human concept. It's a concept that is largely accepted because it's largely functional, but that doesn't make it accurate.
    It's a biological reality, not some abstract social concept, and it is not limited to humans.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  8. #158
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,144
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    XY chromosomes do not change into XX. “Boy parts” do not change into “girl parts”. No current or plausibly-anticipated technology makes it possible for someone who was born one sex to fulfill the reproductive functions of the other sex. Sex isn't just a malleable “condition” of a human body; it is an immutable, essential trait of a human being.
    The biology definitely works that way.

    However, isn't the person in question is really asking society to treat them and accept them based on mental gender identity? That which they are tailoring their external appearances and behaviors to?

    From the public's concerns point of view the only thing that seems to cause any angst is the public restroom question, which, if they were all lockable single person uni-sex facilities, would alleviate the angst, wouldn't it?
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  9. #159
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Should perverted men who “identify” as women be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    It's a biological reality, not some abstract social concept, and it is not limited to humans.
    It's a social construct that's applied to animals as well as humans. Application size doesn't increase validity.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  10. #160
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,757

    Re: Should transwomen be legally treated as women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well, what do you think?
    I think I need more context. When you say "legally", do you mean in where they might be housed if arrested/incarcerated? Restroom access in general? Something else? Anything and everything, or just a few things?
    Old saying: Any child can grow up to be President.
    New saying: Any child can be President.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •