View Poll Results: Do you think that Islamophobia and the hate industry is motivated by money and funding?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 25.00%
  • No

    5 62.50%
  • Maybe

    1 12.50%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

  1. #1
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    745

    The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    Criticizing Islam is a favorite topic of American media, such as Fox News, the most famous of them. The workers in these stations are not fanatic Christians but are just opportunists who seek publicity and a monthly salary. But at the same time, they contribute to promoting Islam by raising the curiosity of their viewers to continue studying Islam. The result is the opposite, Islam is spreading in the United States. The problem is not in criticizing Islam or Christianity, but rather in providing misleading information. For example, Robert Spencer, an American anti-Islam author and activist, who criticize Islam without adhering to the lowest standards of credibility and objectivity, publishing false news about the discovery of a jihad training camp in the US state of Alabama. It is a simple example of the extent to which the likes of Spencer misleading Americans.

    They demonize Muslims and raise the fear level of Americans and Europeans because that translates to more funds in their bank accounts. Another Conservative American journalist and activist, Brigitte Gabriel is another example of the industry of hate and bigotry. Brigitte claimed that she left her country Lebanon during the civil war because of Islamic jihadists. That lie is easy to expose because the parties to the conflict during the Lebanese civil war were belonging to communist, leftist and nationalist currents, and there were no Islamic jihad factions in Lebanon. Islamic extremists from all over the world were busy providing support to the states United in its conflict with the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

    Another important concern is the demographic dilemma, which is considered one of the favorite topics for the conservative media and the European right-wing parties. Mark Stein is one of the best people talking about the demographic issue, and I read a number of his books, one of which talks about the environment, and I like his style. I even sympathized with him when I read his book "America Alone" and that he was sued in Canada by Canadian Islamic organizations to ban the book and withdraw it from libraries. But he talks about the demographic problem as if Muslim women should refrain from having children to maintain population balance in Western countries and Europe. While he ignores the fact that Muslims play no role in the declining birth rate in western countries, Western media are promoting that they need immigration and that immigration is essential to save the Western civilization due to the declining birthrate. Corrupt European politicians are the cause of the problem, the low birth rate in Western countries caused by the attack on the family values due to the prevalence of contraceptives, congenital decay, pornography and abnormal relationships is one of the most important reasons for the decline in the number of births in the West. Surprisingly, those people who talk about the demographic problem are themselves childless or have given birth to one or two children at the most.


    Extremists constitute a minority of more than a billion Muslims. Conservatives and their supporters want to wage an all-out war against Islam in the name of the clash of civilizations. But on the other side, some Islamic extremists promote similar propaganda. Extremism is a problem that exists among followers of all religions. Islam, Christianity, or Judaism has nothing to do with peace or war. It is a reflection of one's own actions, personality, and environment of the individual in which raised. Religion is considered a catalyst. If a convert to Islam was well-mannered and treated others with respect, Islam will be recognized through him. And if the converts to Islam were an evil, criminal and murderer, others would recognize Islam through him. Therefore, the role of religion in a person’s life is not fixed, it is altered, and dependent on the moral standards of the person himself.

    End

  2. #2
    Classical Liberal Sage
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    13,723
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    Quote Originally Posted by stan1990 View Post
    Criticizing Islam is a favorite topic of American media, such as Fox News, the most famous of them. The workers in these stations are not fanatic Christians but are just opportunists who seek publicity and a monthly salary. But at the same time, they contribute to promoting Islam by raising the curiosity of their viewers to continue studying Islam. The result is the opposite, Islam is spreading in the United States. The problem is not in criticizing Islam or Christianity, but rather in providing misleading information. For example, Robert Spencer, an American anti-Islam author and activist, who criticize Islam without adhering to the lowest standards of credibility and objectivity, publishing false news about the discovery of a jihad training camp in the US state of Alabama. It is a simple example of the extent to which the likes of Spencer misleading Americans.

    They demonize Muslims and raise the fear level of Americans and Europeans because that translates to more funds in their bank accounts. Another Conservative American journalist and activist, Brigitte Gabriel is another example of the industry of hate and bigotry. Brigitte claimed that she left her country Lebanon during the civil war because of Islamic jihadists. That lie is easy to expose because the parties to the conflict during the Lebanese civil war were belonging to communist, leftist and nationalist currents, and there were no Islamic jihad factions in Lebanon. Islamic extremists from all over the world were busy providing support to the states United in its conflict with the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

    Another important concern is the demographic dilemma, which is considered one of the favorite topics for the conservative media and the European right-wing parties. Mark Stein is one of the best people talking about the demographic issue, and I read a number of his books, one of which talks about the environment, and I like his style. I even sympathized with him when I read his book "America Alone" and that he was sued in Canada by Canadian Islamic organizations to ban the book and withdraw it from libraries. But he talks about the demographic problem as if Muslim women should refrain from having children to maintain population balance in Western countries and Europe. While he ignores the fact that Muslims play no role in the declining birth rate in western countries, Western media are promoting that they need immigration and that immigration is essential to save the Western civilization due to the declining birthrate. Corrupt European politicians are the cause of the problem, the low birth rate in Western countries caused by the attack on the family values due to the prevalence of contraceptives, congenital decay, pornography and abnormal relationships is one of the most important reasons for the decline in the number of births in the West. Surprisingly, those people who talk about the demographic problem are themselves childless or have given birth to one or two children at the most.


    Extremists constitute a minority of more than a billion Muslims. Conservatives and their supporters want to wage an all-out war against Islam in the name of the clash of civilizations. But on the other side, some Islamic extremists promote similar propaganda. Extremism is a problem that exists among followers of all religions. Islam, Christianity, or Judaism has nothing to do with peace or war. It is a reflection of one's own actions, personality, and environment of the individual in which raised. Religion is considered a catalyst. If a convert to Islam was well-mannered and treated others with respect, Islam will be recognized through him. And if the converts to Islam were an evil, criminal and murderer, others would recognize Islam through him. Therefore, the role of religion in a person’s life is not fixed, it is altered, and dependent on the moral standards of the person himself.

    End
    I don't buy into "Islamophobia" as the cause of such reporting myself.

    IMO citing Islam is a topic of media reporting because it lends itself toward public interest.

    For unlike most other "major religions" it is growing both in adherents and threat to societal security.

    It is labeled the "religion of peace," when IMHO it should more correctly be labeled the "religion of submission."

    It demands submission of women to men; of secular law to religious law; of all belief to IT's belief system. To do so it is willing to force adherence by the sword.

    Small wonder it draws attentions to itself outside it's current areas of control.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 02-01-20 at 09:30 AM.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  3. #3
    Guru swing_voter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,659

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    I'm sorry for any Islamaphobia you may have experienced.

    Once you get the radical Muslims all under control and peace is established, this will all be over.

  4. #4
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    112,358

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    CNN is more famous than Fox. I stopped reading at that false claim.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    65,941

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    Quote Originally Posted by stan1990 View Post
    Criticizing Islam is a favorite topic of American media, such as Fox News, the most famous of them. The workers in these stations are not fanatic Christians but are just opportunists who seek publicity and a monthly salary. But at the same time, they contribute to promoting Islam by raising the curiosity of their viewers to continue studying Islam. The result is the opposite, Islam is spreading in the United States. The problem is not in criticizing Islam or Christianity, but rather in providing misleading information. For example, Robert Spencer, an American anti-Islam author and activist, who criticize Islam without adhering to the lowest standards of credibility and objectivity, publishing false news about the discovery of a jihad training camp in the US state of Alabama. It is a simple example of the extent to which the likes of Spencer misleading Americans.

    They demonize Muslims and raise the fear level of Americans and Europeans because that translates to more funds in their bank accounts. Another Conservative American journalist and activist, Brigitte Gabriel is another example of the industry of hate and bigotry. Brigitte claimed that she left her country Lebanon during the civil war because of Islamic jihadists. That lie is easy to expose because the parties to the conflict during the Lebanese civil war were belonging to communist, leftist and nationalist currents, and there were no Islamic jihad factions in Lebanon. Islamic extremists from all over the world were busy providing support to the states United in its conflict with the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

    Another important concern is the demographic dilemma, which is considered one of the favorite topics for the conservative media and the European right-wing parties. Mark Stein is one of the best people talking about the demographic issue, and I read a number of his books, one of which talks about the environment, and I like his style. I even sympathized with him when I read his book "America Alone" and that he was sued in Canada by Canadian Islamic organizations to ban the book and withdraw it from libraries. But he talks about the demographic problem as if Muslim women should refrain from having children to maintain population balance in Western countries and Europe. While he ignores the fact that Muslims play no role in the declining birth rate in western countries, Western media are promoting that they need immigration and that immigration is essential to save the Western civilization due to the declining birthrate. Corrupt European politicians are the cause of the problem, the low birth rate in Western countries caused by the attack on the family values due to the prevalence of contraceptives, congenital decay, pornography and abnormal relationships is one of the most important reasons for the decline in the number of births in the West. Surprisingly, those people who talk about the demographic problem are themselves childless or have given birth to one or two children at the most.


    Extremists constitute a minority of more than a billion Muslims. Conservatives and their supporters want to wage an all-out war against Islam in the name of the clash of civilizations. But on the other side, some Islamic extremists promote similar propaganda. Extremism is a problem that exists among followers of all religions. Islam, Christianity, or Judaism has nothing to do with peace or war. It is a reflection of one's own actions, personality, and environment of the individual in which raised. Religion is considered a catalyst. If a convert to Islam was well-mannered and treated others with respect, Islam will be recognized through him. And if the converts to Islam were an evil, criminal and murderer, others would recognize Islam through him. Therefore, the role of religion in a person’s life is not fixed, it is altered, and dependent on the moral standards of the person himself.

    End
    A few reasons Islam is in the news regularly.

    Honor killing

    Boko Haram

    Throwing gays off roof tops

    Burkas

    ISIS

    Hamas

    Women forbidden to drive (until now)

    Hezbollah

    Islamic courts

    Al Qaeda

    9/11

    7/7

    Paris

    Etc, etc., etc.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  6. #6
    Guru
    stevecanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Canada / Australia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,803

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    Quote Originally Posted by stan1990 View Post
    Criticizing Islam is a favorite topic of American media, such as Fox News, the most famous of them. The workers in these stations are not fanatic Christians but are just opportunists who seek publicity and a monthly salary. But at the same time, they contribute to promoting Islam by raising the curiosity of their viewers to continue studying Islam. The result is the opposite, Islam is spreading in the United States. The problem is not in criticizing Islam or Christianity, but rather in providing misleading information. For example, Robert Spencer, an American anti-Islam author and activist, who criticize Islam without adhering to the lowest standards of credibility and objectivity, publishing false news about the discovery of a jihad training camp in the US state of Alabama. It is a simple example of the extent to which the likes of Spencer misleading Americans.

    They demonize Muslims and raise the fear level of Americans and Europeans because that translates to more funds in their bank accounts. Another Conservative American journalist and activist, Brigitte Gabriel is another example of the industry of hate and bigotry. Brigitte claimed that she left her country Lebanon during the civil war because of Islamic jihadists. That lie is easy to expose because the parties to the conflict during the Lebanese civil war were belonging to communist, leftist and nationalist currents, and there were no Islamic jihad factions in Lebanon. Islamic extremists from all over the world were busy providing support to the states United in its conflict with the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

    Another important concern is the demographic dilemma, which is considered one of the favorite topics for the conservative media and the European right-wing parties. Mark Stein is one of the best people talking about the demographic issue, and I read a number of his books, one of which talks about the environment, and I like his style. I even sympathized with him when I read his book "America Alone" and that he was sued in Canada by Canadian Islamic organizations to ban the book and withdraw it from libraries. But he talks about the demographic problem as if Muslim women should refrain from having children to maintain population balance in Western countries and Europe. While he ignores the fact that Muslims play no role in the declining birth rate in western countries, Western media are promoting that they need immigration and that immigration is essential to save the Western civilization due to the declining birthrate. Corrupt European politicians are the cause of the problem, the low birth rate in Western countries caused by the attack on the family values due to the prevalence of contraceptives, congenital decay, pornography and abnormal relationships is one of the most important reasons for the decline in the number of births in the West. Surprisingly, those people who talk about the demographic problem are themselves childless or have given birth to one or two children at the most.


    Extremists constitute a minority of more than a billion Muslims. Conservatives and their supporters want to wage an all-out war against Islam in the name of the clash of civilizations. But on the other side, some Islamic extremists promote similar propaganda. Extremism is a problem that exists among followers of all religions. Islam, Christianity, or Judaism has nothing to do with peace or war. It is a reflection of one's own actions, personality, and environment of the individual in which raised. Religion is considered a catalyst. If a convert to Islam was well-mannered and treated others with respect, Islam will be recognized through him. And if the converts to Islam were an evil, criminal and murderer, others would recognize Islam through him. Therefore, the role of religion in a person’s life is not fixed, it is altered, and dependent on the moral standards of the person himself.

    End
    - The Qur'an exists for the sole purpose of defining Islam.
    - The Qur'an contains hate speech against unbelievers (8:55 - The lowest of God's creatures are those who believe not)
    - The Qur'an contains direct commands for Muslims to fight unbelievers. (2:216 - Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.)

    How does knowing and disliking that make me an 'Islamophobe'?
    - See something, say something, get called an Islamophobe.
    - The absence of hostilities does not prove the absence of hostility.
    - Legitimate criticism is neither hate speech, phobic, nor incitement to commit violence.
    - I choose my words very, very, VERY carefully. - Jordan Peterson.

  7. #7
    Sage
    bomberfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    Quote Originally Posted by swing_voter View Post
    I'm sorry for any Islamaphobia you may have experienced.

    Once you get the radical Muslims all under control and peace is established, this will all be over.
    Nyeh me thinks you wouldnt be telling that to the Rohingya muslims who are now being slaughtered en masse.


    See also the reason twump cultists need to play little “hypocrisy” games is they know they are in deep **** so the only way they can pull off any victory is by trying to make their opponents look just as bad as they are. Its the never play defense tactic

  8. #8
    Educator
    TheEconomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    05-31-20 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,087

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    In the interest of mutual understanding, it might be worthwhile to take just a minute to make a small commentary about the author of this thread, stan1990. I have encountered him in other threads and he generally seems like a reasonnable person. I say this simply because I do not want him to read too much into my reply: I do not have any hostility specifically directed toward him. In fact, I wonder how he managed to stay so clam in some economics threads when trying to deal with James972.

    With that being said, I have a problem with how the issue is being formulated. In the past few years, I have encountered many people who take advantage of certain ideas such as "islamophobia" (homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism and others) in a very unfair manner. Very often, after digging into those issues, I came to realize a few things: (1) the accusations are unfounded and made almost as a knee jerk kind of reflex; (2) the accusations are designed to work as gaslighting would, casting doubt on the credibility of people; (3) the accusations were almost always accompanied by demands to censor the other people; (4) it often involved guessing the mental state of other people and, ultimately, putting words they never used in their mouths (sometimes, litterally lying about quotes). I will grant immediately that I don't think these people are representative of the entire left. In particular, I've never seen stan1990 do any of the above and most people who lean to the left on DP do not behave like this.

    So, the first point I want to make, stan1990, is that, even if you think that some people are wrong in ways that might harm other, perfectly fine law-abiding citizens, you're not helping the public discourse by going directly for the personal attack. It's also very unlikely that if you use the language of the radical left and go for personal attacks that you will manage to get your message across to conservatives... If anything, you might get them to take unreasonable positions they wouldn't normally take.


    The second point I want to make concerns criticizing Islam. I think that some conservatives make a fair point when they point out that some of the values promoted from within Islam conflict with our liberal ideals. In particular, Muslims tend to have a problem with freedom of speech and the freedom of the press. If an artist can submerge a curcifix in urine without fearing for their lives, someone else should be able to disrespect Islam and Muslims all the same. It's granted that all of the above are absolute d*** moves and you would have every right to scorn all of it publicly. However, bullying people and calling for the heads of people over controversial art or opinions is not something we can accept.

    That part of the complaints made by people on the right is absolutely legitimate. If someone migrates to the western world, they have to understand the rules of the game here is everybody is free to think, free to talk and free to act. As far as I am concerned, the only human way to treat people is as individuals capable of making their own decisions. We're an enclave of freedom in a world that constantly oppresses everyone. It's not up for negociation, period. To be entirely fair, this sort of issue has been more of a problem in Europe than in the United States. For some reason, Muslims seem to integrate better within the American culture than within the culture of Europe. So, it's fairly possible that some conservatives will exaggerate sometimes. It's none of my business what you do in the privacy of your home or with your spare time in a public or private space. I only have a problem with you if you step on my toes -- and, yes, sometimes Muslims migrants will do just that.

    In places like Canada and the United States, we seem to have largely good things going on. Most of the time, people can live alongside each other in spite of sometimes substantial disagreements about all sorts of things. We're societies that offer a very large spectrum of opportunities and socially acceptable options for how to live one's life to the largest set of people ever. That's a largely a good thing, even if there always are some problems to deal with. I think people such as you or me have a duty to replicate those conditions so that future generations and any immigrant comming into our respective countries will get to enjoy the same freedom and opportunities we enjoyed ourselves. We're missing voices taking the side of western values, we're missing voices saying we're doing really well, we're working on doing things better and we can't let anyone screw this up with authoritarian nonsense.


    I disagree in part with your diagnostic. It's just hatred or prejudice... It sounds more like people being angry that nobody is taking their side. The core concerns are legitimate, though they sometimes come out in a very bad way.
    All people who oppose free speech are trying to sell you snake oil. There is absolutely no exception to this rule.

  9. #9
    Educator
    TheEconomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    05-31-20 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,087

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    Quote Originally Posted by stevecanuck View Post
    - The Qur'an exists for the sole purpose of defining Islam.
    - The Qur'an contains hate speech against unbelievers (8:55 - The lowest of God's creatures are those who believe not)
    - The Qur'an contains direct commands for Muslims to fight unbelievers. (2:216 - Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.)

    How does knowing and disliking that make me an 'Islamophobe'?
    I do not think it makes you islamophobic.

    If we want to be entirely fair, someone more knowledgeable about the tenets of Islam might object to how you read the Qu'ran. It's not like the vast majority of Muslims living in the United States did not figure out some way of respecting our way of life. Some of them even praise the country and its core values. And it's not like Christianity is short on troubling and challenging statements, especially in the Old Testament and it is still the religion which produced our culture of science and individual rights. But, if we want to be fair with you, the same type of criticism could be raised against Atheists who dislike Judeo-Christian scripture. Most of them aren't Bible scholars who spent decades giving it deep thought and it's okay: it's litterally impossible to know every detail about everything.

    As long as you make your statement with a degree of humility, there is no problem in criticizng an idea that you find objectionable, even if there is a fair chance you don't see the whole picture. Moreover, most people will fail to live up to that standard. You're not a bad person for holding on strongly to your view or for having trouble seeing things from a different point of view. That's just you being human.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 02-08-20 at 01:56 PM.
    All people who oppose free speech are trying to sell you snake oil. There is absolutely no exception to this rule.

  10. #10
    Guru
    stevecanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Canada / Australia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,803

    Re: The Islamophobia and the hate industry, search for the money

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I do not think it makes you islamophobic.

    If we want to be entirely fair, someone more knowledgeable about the tenets of Islam might object to how you read the Qu'ran.
    I'm sorry, but that just doesn't mean anything without an example, or even a hint at an example. There is no "how" in reading the Qur'an. There is only the words and what they mean. Context is helpful in knowing why the verses say what they say, but nothing mitigates what they say. Verse 9:29 (the Qur'an's last word on fighting), tells Muslims the fight Christians and Jews (primarily) until they either accept Islam or agree to live as second class citizens while paying a special protection tax. That is what it says, and that is what it means. Hence, jihad for the last 1400 years.

    It's not like the vast majority of Muslims living in the United States did not figure out some way of respecting our way of life. Some of them even praise the country and its core values. And it's not like Christianity is short on troubling and challenging statements, especially in the Old Testament and it is still the religion which produced our culture of science and individual rights. But, if we want to be fair with you, the same type of criticism could be raised against Atheists who dislike Judeo-Christian scripture. Most of them aren't Bible scholars who spent decades giving it deep thought and it's okay: it's litterally impossible to know every detail about everything.

    As long as you make your statement with a degree of humility, there is no problem in criticizng an idea that you find objectionable, even if there is a fair chance you don't see the whole picture. Moreover, most people will fail to live up to that standard. You're not a bad person for holding on strongly to your view or for having trouble seeing things from a different point of view. That's just you being human.
    I'm not talking about individual Muslims, and I'm not talking about Christians. I'm simply pointing out that Islam, as created and shaped by Mohamed, is a religion that specifically preaches hatred and hostility toward all things and people non-Muslim. Take a year and read it for yourself.
    - See something, say something, get called an Islamophobe.
    - The absence of hostilities does not prove the absence of hostility.
    - Legitimate criticism is neither hate speech, phobic, nor incitement to commit violence.
    - I choose my words very, very, VERY carefully. - Jordan Peterson.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •