Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110
Results 1,091 to 1,096 of 1096

Thread: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

  1. #1091
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,967

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    That's a childish response. You just threw reason out the window!
    Read my 2 responses to William Rea above.....that should explain why I say, that's a childish stance.
    if you want him to just turn over the experimental process he used to find that it exists then ok

  2. #1092
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,967

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Unfortunately.....your opinion flies against the NAS' view about it.



    https://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html



    Science cannot have any say about the metaphysical.
    "Extend beyond science's realm - Science admits it has limited capability.
    Immaterial in are minds alone is no incompatible with that

  3. #1093
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,358

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    Immaterial in are minds alone is no incompatible with that
    Don't argue with me.

    Complain to the NAS!
    You say they're sprouting bs? You go set them straight.....

  4. #1094
    Guru
    devildavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,321

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Unfortunately.....your opinion flies against the NAS' view about it.



    https://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html



    Science cannot have any say about the metaphysical.
    "Extend beyond science's realm - Science admits it has limited capability.
    That doesn't contradict what I said. All that stuff is in our minds and has to do with value judgments. Science just doesn't make value judgments about human created values, morals, etc. It only attempts to explain how our brains might come up with them. Science does not deal with what we decide to value, only the mechanics of how we do it. But what we decide to value varies over time and in different societies. There are no objectively correct value or morals to hold. That is why we created religion, philosophy, literature, art, etc. They are all attempts to understand the human condition, but not one of them has the final answer.
    Remember Bowling Green! Remember Atlanta! Remember Sweden!

  5. #1095
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    new zealand.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,139

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    [SIZE=3][B]Eight Reasons in Support of Godís Existence

    (I) God is the best explanation why anything at all exists.

    (II) God is the best explanation of the origin of the universe.

    (III) God is the best explanation of the applicability of mathematics to the physical world.

    (IV) God is the best explanation of the fine-tuning of the universe for intelligent life.

    (V) God is the best explanation of intentional states of consciousness.

    (VI) God is the best explanation of objective moral values and duties.

    VII) The very possibility of Godís existence implies that God exists.

    (VIII) God can be personally known and experienced.

    https://philosophynow.org/issues/99/Does_God_Exist.
    And another example of the fact that first you must first believe in a god in order to accept there is a god.
    Theses reasons are all based on the preconception of the existence of a god, and not a good reasons as to why there might be a god.

  6. #1096
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    new zealand.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,139

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    What reason can be given to a dismissalist? I respect your skepticism. Go in peace.
    What reason can come from the biased . You have given many examples that you will start from a position that a god exists and from there go on to claim proof of gods existence. Do not blame me for dismissing bias but seek to correct that bias within.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •