Page 105 of 110 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1096

Thread: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

  1. #1041
    Anti Fascist Alt L Ctrl C
    William Rea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,114

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Everything is immaterial. So produce your material.
    There are three proofs of God's existence posted in this thread. Read 'em and weep.
    Produce your immaterial, produce your god. You can't show it because you don't know it.

    This has been the same point from the very first post you made on here, you have nothing but philosophistry which is apologetics that you poorly try to disguise as philosophy. You are proselytising in pretense which is pretty much a dishonest position to hold since you have to apologise for having no evidence and then pretend that you do. You can't show it, you don't know it.

  2. #1042
    Professor Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    on the head of a pin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Everything is immaterial. So produce your material.
    There are three proofs of God's existence posted in this thread. Read 'em and weep.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Rea View Post
    Produce your immaterial, produce your god. You can't show it because you don't know it.

    This has been the same point from the very first post you made on here, you have nothing but philosophistry which is apologetics that you poorly try to disguise as philosophy. You are proselytising in pretense which is pretty much a dishonest position to hold since you have to apologise for having no evidence and then pretend that you do. You can't show it, you don't know it.
    The dishonest posts are yours, my friend. I've answered your demands from the very first, but you persist in repeating the demands and ignoring my good faith posts in reply. Your posts are the ones in bad faith here. Moreover, three classic arguments for the existence of God have been posted by me in this thread, and you've either ignored or dismissed them out of hand. You bring nothing to the discussion table but your overall arch demurrer. You're not interested in discussion, so dial back the pretense that you are.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>

  3. #1043
    Anti Fascist Alt L Ctrl C
    William Rea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,114

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    The dishonest posts are yours, my friend. I've answered your demands from the very first, but you persist in repeating the demands and ignoring my good faith posts in reply. Your posts are the ones in bad faith here. Moreover, three classic arguments for the existence of God have been posted by me in this thread, and you've either ignored or dismissed them out of hand. You bring nothing to the discussion table but your overall arch demurrer. You're not interested in discussion, so dial back the pretense that you are.
    Three arguments that you use to argue for something, that did something somewhere at some point to which you point and call it God: They are not valid arguments because they are based upon incorrect assumptions.

    You have been told, shown and destroyed on this point several times and yet here you are recycling your apologetic in a pseudo philosophical way, it's clever only in as much as it superficially looks like you are arguing in a skeptical framework rather than directly proselytising but, in fact, that IS what you are doing. Nobody of consequence is fooled on here and I suspect many are repelled by attempts at lying in the name of a supposedly perfect god.

    Produce your immaterial, produce your god.

  4. #1044
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,284

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Everything is immaterial. So produce your material.
    Everything is immaterial.
    Angel is included in the set of everything.
    Therefore, Angel is immaterial.

    Did it work? Did he disappear into nothingness?

    I suppose I'll have to settle for reducing your argument to absurdity.

  5. #1045
    Anti Fascist Alt L Ctrl C
    William Rea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,114

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Everything is immaterial.
    Angel is included in the set of everything.
    Therefore, Angel is immaterial.

    Did it work? Did he disappear into nothingness?

    I suppose I'll have to settle for reducing your argument to absurdity.
    Nice exemplar. Sound logic and sound premises.

  6. #1046
    Sage


    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Everything is immaterial.
    Angel is included in the set of everything.
    Therefore, Angel is immaterial.

    Did it work? Did he disappear into nothingness?

    I suppose I'll have to settle for reducing your argument to absurdity.
    I think brick falling to the ground onto his foot would break it.. as predicted by the material theory.
    No one needs a war more than a Politician who is low in the Polls.

  7. #1047
    Professor Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    on the head of a pin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    I think brick falling to the ground onto his foot would break it.. as predicted by the material theory.
    Dr. Johnson, I presume?
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>

  8. #1048
    Professor Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    on the head of a pin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by William Rea View Post
    Three arguments that you use to argue for something, that did something somewhere at some point to which you point and call it God: They are not valid arguments because they are based upon incorrect assumptions.
    Which assumptions are these you refer to?

    Quote Originally Posted by William Rea View Post
    You have been told, shown and destroyed on this point several times and yet here you are recycling your apologetic in a pseudo philosophical way, it's clever only in as much as it superficially looks like you are arguing in a skeptical framework rather than directly proselytising but, in fact, that IS what you are doing. Nobody of consequence is fooled on here and I suspect many are repelled by attempts at lying in the name of a supposedly perfect god.
    ...
    Members "of consequence"? I wonder what you mean by that? Presumably you include yourself, so the answer should come easy to you.
    Meanwhile, keep telling yourself those arguments have been refuted. Maybe someday your dream will come true.
    And please learn the meaning of the word proselytize. It ill becomes anyone to misuse a word, and persistent misuse is worse still.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>

  9. #1049
    Professor Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    on the head of a pin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Everything is immaterial.
    Angel is included in the set of everything.
    Therefore, Angel is immaterial.

    Did it work? Did he disappear into nothingness?

    I suppose I'll have to settle for reducing your argument to absurdity.
    To be sure you've achieved a reduction to absurdity, but not in the way you believe you have.
    And what "argument" do you imagine you're reducing? Can you point it out to the rest of us?
    Finally, you confuse immateriality with nothingness. Look to it.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i.imgur.com/u68aMie.jpg</a>

  10. #1050
    Anti Fascist Alt L Ctrl C
    William Rea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,114

    Re: Arguments for the existence of God[W:740]

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Which assumptions are these you refer to?


    Members "of consequence"? I wonder what you mean by that? Presumably you include yourself, so the answer should come easy to you.
    Meanwhile, keep telling yourself those arguments have been refuted. Maybe someday your dream will come true.
    And please learn the meaning of the word proselytize. It ill becomes anyone to misuse a word, and persistent misuse is worse still.
    That may be so but, you are unable to produce your immaterial. You are unable to produce your god. Your philosophistry is an apologetics pig that you have tried and failed to put various shades of lipstick on. Your argument is a busted flush of proselytising that any snake oil salesman would be ok with. For those that turn a buck from doing it, at least they are profiting from deceiving for Jesus. You would appear to be making an amateur argument in all respects without even that consolation.

    You simply can't show it because you simply don't know it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •