Page 55 of 116 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1155

Thread: Why I am non-religious

  1. #541
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,719

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I'd stock up on necessities if I were you.
    Why are you here?
    "Nothing helps scenery like bacon and eggs."-Mark Twain.

  2. #542
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,849

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Ok, I suppose you can guess why I'm not religious. No evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    And this means what to me?
    To you it means nothing because you don't want to understand it.

    To the rest of us it is the explaination of why zyzygy is not religious. That there is no evidence to support the incredible bits of the bible. (incredable, not credible)

  3. #543
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,719

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    To you it means nothing because you don't want to understand it.

    To the rest of us it is the explaination of why zyzygy is not religious. That there is no evidence to support the incredible bits of the bible. (incredable, not credible)
    Dead guys don't come back to life. The myth of Jesus is based on earlier myths. There is nothing new in Christianity. As for his behavior it makes me wonder why he joined a discussion site.
    "Nothing helps scenery like bacon and eggs."-Mark Twain.

  4. #544
    Guru
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,282

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    To you it means nothing because you don't want to understand it.

    To the rest of us it is the explaination of why zyzygy is not religious. That there is no evidence to support the incredible bits of the bible. (incredable, not credible)
    I understand just fine, I simply do not buy into his claims any more than he buys into mine.

  5. #545
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,719

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I understand just fine, I simply do not buy into his claims any more than he buys into mine.
    I would buy into your claims if you could show me some real evidence about the supposed resurrection.
    "Nothing helps scenery like bacon and eggs."-Mark Twain.

  6. #546
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,104

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    Calling the things I believe in "idiotic" is pretty insulting. Personally, I find the things that you and many many others in this place idiotic, even insane, but if I say so, I'll get an infraction.
    I don't care. If isn't possible for someone else to offend you, you have to take offense. If you are offended, it's your own fault. No one is responsible for your feelings but you. Knock it off.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #547
    Advisor, aka "bub" sear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Adirondack Park, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    896

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    " If isn't possible for someone else to offend you, you have to take offense. If you are offended, it's your own fault. No one is responsible for your feelings but you. Knock it off. " C #546
    - piffle -

    You might wish to lay off the pop. psych.
    "The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is." Mary Pettibone Poole

  8. #548
    Guru
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,282

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Dead guys don't come back to life. The myth of Jesus is based on earlier myths. There is nothing new in Christianity. As for his behavior it makes me wonder why he joined a discussion site.
    I ask myself that same question often, but not for the reason you think.

  9. #549
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,719

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I ask myself that same question often, but not for the reason you think.
    What is the reason?
    "Nothing helps scenery like bacon and eggs."-Mark Twain.

  10. #550
    Professor
    devildavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,494

    Re: Why I am non-religious

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I'd stock up on necessities if I were you.
    Matthew 7:6. Why won't you answer this? Why did you make reference to it? What is your point in plain English?
    Remember Bowling Green! Remember Atlanta! Remember Sweden!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •