Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: I'm back

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    42,522

    I'm back

    And I can see that nobody missed me. LOL.

    Big week. Just had a balloon sinoplasty done yesterday. Yup, they put balloons in my sinuses and expanded them, then burned out my sinuses with acid and flushed them with water. Last time I had something similar to this done was 30 years ago, and no more sinus problems until last year. Glad to get it done a second time, but let me stress that there better not be a "third time is a charm". LOL.

    Lost phone and internet service a week ago, and AT&T finally fixed the problem today. Great customer service... NOT. I still have internet with them, but I told them to shove their internet phone up their ass. My phones are all mobile now.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Where Are My Toadies?
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,609

    Re: I'm back

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And I can see that nobody missed me. LOL.

    Big week. Just had a balloon sinoplasty done yesterday. Yup, they put balloons in my sinuses and expanded them, then burned out my sinuses with acid and flushed them with water. Last time I had something similar to this done was 30 years ago, and no more sinus problems until last year. Glad to get it done a second time, but let me stress that there better not be a "third time is a charm". LOL.

    Lost phone and internet service a week ago, and AT&T finally fixed the problem today. Great customer service... NOT. I still have internet with them, but I told them to shove their internet phone up their ass. My phones are all mobile now.
    Glad you are feeling better.

    I have VOIP with AT&T and I hate it. Our internet, which is also AT&T is spotty at best, and horrible at worst. I hate them, but we are stuck with them. We have had issue with them for 7 years now, and we can't go with anyone else. It's either them, or Hughes Net.




  3. #3
    Where Are My Toadies?
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,609

    Re: I'm back

    I had something done to my nose a few years back. Deviated septum or something like it. Made me sound like a coke head.

    She fixed it, and I breathe better, but my sense of smell (and therefore taste) has been a little wonky ever since.




  4. #4
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    42,522

    Re: I'm back

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I had something done to my nose a few years back. Deviated septum or something like it. Made me sound like a coke head.

    She fixed it, and I breathe better, but my sense of smell (and therefore taste) has been a little wonky ever since.
    Doesn't bother me. I can't smell my farts. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #5
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    30,043

    Re: I'm back

    ^^

    OP was great, welcome back! Follow-up post was TMI!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  6. #6
    SirCumAlot
    MovingPictures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,682
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I'm back

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Glad you are feeling better.

    I have VOIP with AT&T and I hate it. Our internet, which is also AT&T is spotty at best, and horrible at worst. I hate them, but we are stuck with them. We have had issue with them for 7 years now, and we can't go with anyone else. It's either them, or Hughes Net.
    Is it DSL or fiber optic?

  7. #7
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,037
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I'm back

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And I can see that nobody missed me. LOL.

    Big week. Just had a balloon sinoplasty done yesterday. Yup, they put balloons in my sinuses and expanded them, then burned out my sinuses with acid and flushed them with water. Last time I had something similar to this done was 30 years ago, and no more sinus problems until last year. Glad to get it done a second time, but let me stress that there better not be a "third time is a charm". LOL.

    Lost phone and internet service a week ago, and AT&T finally fixed the problem today. Great customer service... NOT. I still have internet with them, but I told them to shove their internet phone up their ass. My phones are all mobile now.
    You were gone?
    Sounds like you were in Gitmo.
    He who knows the least obeys the best.

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,027

    Re: I'm back

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I had something done to my nose a few years back. Deviated septum or something like it. Made me sound like a coke head.

    She fixed it, and I breathe better, but my sense of smell (and therefore taste) has been a little wonky ever since.
    i have that, and they wanted to roto-rooter my sinuses, as well. scared the **** out of me, so i didn't have it done. i use Afrin all of the time instead. probably not the best decision.

  9. #9
    InnKeeper Most Pleasant
    PleasantValley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Henderson, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,915
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I'm back

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And I can see that nobody missed me. LOL.

    Big week. Just had a balloon sinoplasty done yesterday. Yup, they put balloons in my sinuses and expanded them, then burned out my sinuses with acid and flushed them with water. Last time I had something similar to this done was 30 years ago, and no more sinus problems until last year. Glad to get it done a second time, but let me stress that there better not be a "third time is a charm". LOL.

    Lost phone and internet service a week ago, and AT&T finally fixed the problem today. Great customer service... NOT. I still have internet with them, but I told them to shove their internet phone up their ass. My phones are all mobile now.
    I am glad you only seem to need that treatment every 30 years. It sounds nasty, but effective.
    There's battle lines being drawn. Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong....Buffalo Springfield.
    There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy. There's just you and me and we just disagree....Dave Mason

  10. #10
    Where Are My Toadies?
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,609

    Re: I'm back

    Quote Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
    Is it DSL or fiber optic?
    Has to be DSL because it's definitely not fiber optic.




Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •