Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

  1. #1
    Sage
    Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,136
    Blog Entries
    18

    People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    This is something that just baffles me. Why on earth would you wait 1-2 hours in line for say a burger when you can get something very similar nearby without the wait?

    I have seen massive lines for Shake Shack, 85°C, Salt & Straw, Howlin' Ray's...
    “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

    ― Stephen King

  2. #2
    Where Are My Toadies?
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,562

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    Go to Sonic. They have better milkshakes, or so I've heard.




  3. #3
    Professor
    Airyaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    AL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    People do weird drugs, **** animals, whip each other, etc.

    If the people waiting in line for a burger aren't making you wait in line for a burger...why should you even care?

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,860

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    we have this place by my hometown where a three or four hour wait is routine. part of the ambiance is waiting in the parking lot, apparently. my wife and i didn't find the wait appealing, so we went somewhere else. i'm not eating dinner at ten thirty PM when i have to get up at six AM. i was like "why don't they just add on if they have this many people who want to eat there?" the other hook is that you eat whatever they are cooking that day and it's expensive. yeah, i think i'll just go get a pizza or something, but thanks.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    29,953

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    My mom and dad were like that. They had a favorite restaurant (I admit it was very good), and we'd wait an hour or two on a Saturday night for a table. However for me, I'm not into it. In fact, I try to live my life contrary to the normal ebb & flow of city & suburban life. You will never see me shopping on a Saturday morning, but you may see me on a Tuesday afternoon ...
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  6. #6
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    45,745

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    This is something that just baffles me. Why on earth would you wait 1-2 hours in line for say a burger when you can get something very similar nearby without the wait?

    I have seen massive lines for Shake Shack, 85°C, Salt & Straw, Howlin' Ray's...
    Perhaps you should have asked the folks waiting in those lines.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #7
    Professor
    Airyaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    AL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    A good tasty meal at home can take 1-2 hours to prepare. Then you have the clean-up afterwards. Seems waiting on a meal with no subsequent clean-up is a bargain.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    29,953

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    we have this place by my hometown where a three or four hour wait is routine. part of the ambiance is waiting in the parking lot, apparently. my wife and i didn't find the wait appealing, so we went somewhere else. i'm not eating dinner at ten thirty PM when i have to get up at six AM. i was like "why don't they just add on if they have this many people who want to eat there?" the other hook is that you eat whatever they are cooking that day and it's expensive. yeah, i think i'll just go get a pizza or something, but thanks.
    I've occasionally done places like that as a one-off to try something unique. Even when it's a great experience though, it's rarely appealing enough to do it again. Or at least enough to do it again often or regularly.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,579

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    I've been waiting for some English baked custard since my grandmother passed away nearly 50 years ago.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    29,953

    Re: People that wait 1-2 hours for food

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    A good tasty meal at home can take 1-2 hours to prepare. Then you have the clean-up afterwards. Seems waiting on a meal with no subsequent clean-up is a bargain.
    Unless of course there's similar fair available elsewhere, without the wait.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •