Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 226

Thread: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    10-18-19 @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,287

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    There's nothing incorrect about it.



    Which is a straw man and irrelevant to whether or not the rich can buy better care than the poor.
    Yes it was incorrect.. and I explained why in detail.

    Particularly in the context of the conversation comparing our countries healthcare with other countries.

    And no its not a strawman...

    If the rich and poor get the same care in the hospital... it is certainly relevant to a discussion of whether " the rich can buy better care than the poor"

    Particularly if you are comparing a country where the rich and the poor go to the same hospital and get the same care.. and a country where the rich can go to private hospitals while everyone else goes to a public hospital.

    I guess your definition of a "strawman" is "if it doesn't fit my narrative.. then its a strawman"

    Whenever you or anyone else wants to have a legitimate and intelligent discussion of healthcare I am available... but the BS that you are spouting claiming I am "dishonest" and strawman for pointing out facts.. is too tiring...

    good day.

  2. #192
    Proud member of the 'ilk'

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,227

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Yes it was incorrect.. and I explained why in detail.

    Particularly in the context of the conversation comparing our countries healthcare with other countries.

    And no its not a strawman...

    If the rich and poor get the same care in the hospital... it is certainly relevant to a discussion of whether " the rich can buy better care than the poor"

    Particularly if you are comparing a country where the rich and the poor go to the same hospital and get the same care.. and a country where the rich can go to private hospitals while everyone else goes to a public hospital.

    I guess your definition of a "strawman" is "if it doesn't fit my narrative.. then its a strawman"

    Whenever you or anyone else wants to have a legitimate and intelligent discussion of healthcare I am available... but the BS that you are spouting claiming I am "dishonest" and strawman for pointing out facts.. is too tiring...

    good day.
    You're argument is so wrong its almost laughable. Anyone in the US healthcare system knows there is a massive disparity in care between rich and poor. Yes, one gets similar care in some situations - an ICU stay, for example - but not in the vast majority.'

    There's a reason the rich live 20 years more than the poor on average... and it isnt just a healthy lifestyle.

    The new inequality: Health care - Dec. 18, 2013
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    10-18-19 @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,287

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You're argument is so wrong its almost laughable. Anyone in the US healthcare system knows there is a massive disparity in care between rich and poor. Yes, one gets similar care in some situations - an ICU stay, for example - but not in the vast majority.'

    There's a reason the rich live 20 years more than the poor on average... and it isnt just a healthy lifestyle.

    The new inequality: Health care - Dec. 18, 2013
    Sorry.. but my argument is absolutely correct. One gets the same care in the vast majority of situations. Heck man.. the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

    Might want to read your own article:

    Wealthier Americans tend to be in better health than their poorer counterparts. That's due to a mix of education, behavior and environment, experts say. They are more likely to take better care of themselves, but they also have the means to buy healthier food, live in safer, cleaner neighborhoods and engage in physical activity.

    A recent Commonwealth Fund study showed the stark contrast: Some 27% of low-income people smoke and 34% are obese, while only 12% of higher-income folks smoke and 25% are obese. Even more surprising, some 16% of poorer Americans have lost six or more teeth, while only 5% of wealthier ones have
    .
    Yep.. move along folks.. nothing to see here.. we are trying to say that the wealthy just buy better healthcare and that's the major factor.. not that any of that obesity, healthier food, safer neighborhoods.. have any effect.

    Come now.

  4. #194
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    07-19-19 @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,115

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.
    That's almost as funny as "the rich can't buy better health care than the poor"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #195
    Proud member of the 'ilk'

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,227

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Sorry.. but my argument is absolutely correct. One gets the same care in the vast majority of situations. Heck man.. the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

    Might want to read your own article:



    Yep.. move along folks.. nothing to see here.. we are trying to say that the wealthy just buy better healthcare and that's the major factor.. not that any of that obesity, healthier food, safer neighborhoods.. have any effect.

    Come now.
    Did not say the disparity was not partially due to lifestyle factors. Sorry to demolish your straw man.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  6. #196
    Conservatarian

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,418

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You're argument is so wrong its almost laughable. Anyone in the US healthcare system knows there is a massive disparity in care between rich and poor. Yes, one gets similar care in some situations - an ICU stay, for example - but not in the vast majority.'

    There's a reason the rich live 20 years more than the poor on average... and it isnt just a healthy lifestyle.

    The new inequality: Health care - Dec. 18, 2013
    That is not possible, and you just hate Obamacare.

    We were told that under Obamacare all the plans would have to meet specific actuarial overhead expense to health expenditure ratios, and that every plan level would meet that benchmark. Any plan that failed to meet those requirements would not exempt those 'rich' from a 2 percent penalty on their gross income.

    Or are you implying that Obamacare is such a crappy deal, that anyone of serious means will pay the fine just to get better care? Do you realize you are dissing Obamacare?

  7. #197
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    07-19-19 @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,115

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    That is not possible, and you just hate Obamacare.

    We were told that under Obamacare all the plans would have to meet specific actuarial overhead expense to health expenditure ratios, and that every plan level would meet that benchmark. Any plan that failed to meet those requirements would not exempt those 'rich' from a 2 percent penalty on their gross income.

    Or are you implying that Obamacare is such a crappy deal, that anyone of serious means will pay the fine just to get better care? Do you realize you are dissing Obamacare?
    In the future, please word your arguments coherently
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #198
    Proud member of the 'ilk'

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,227

    Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    That is not possible, and you just hate Obamacare.

    We were told that under Obamacare all the plans would have to meet specific actuarial overhead expense to health expenditure ratios, and that every plan level would meet that benchmark. Any plan that failed to meet those requirements would not exempt those 'rich' from a 2 percent penalty on their gross income.

    Or are you implying that Obamacare is such a crappy deal, that anyone of serious means will pay the fine just to get better care? Do you realize you are dissing Obamacare?
    Get back to me when you form a relevant point.

    Edit: just saw Sangha's better wordsmithed response. I concur.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #199
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,069

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Whatever.. if it makes you feel better.. go for it.

    I clearly explained what I said. If you choose to be obtuse.. that's your prerogative.
    and i've already posted the data which supports my argument many times. if you choose to try to twist, contort, and pretend that it somehow supports your position... then that's your prerogative. i'd recommend dancing away from your claim that money doesn't buy better care in the states, though.

  10. #200
    Conservatarian

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,418

    Re: Health care costs set to increase sharply next year... thanks, Obamacare!

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Get back to me when you form a relevant point.

    Edit: just saw Sangha's better wordsmithed response. I concur.
    What eludes you? You wrote "Anyone in the US healthcare system knows there is a massive disparity in care between rich and poor. Yes, one gets similar care in some situations - an ICU stay, for example - but not in the vast majority.'"

    I asked you how was that possible, given that the health insurance market has been replaced by the Obamacare treatment requirements mandated under law? How is it that someone who has most or all of their premiums and out-of-pocket expenses paid by the government going to get such poor care to cause "a massive disparity"?

    Your "point" may be true, but only if Obamacare is ****ty insurance that provides only minimal care, or only sub-standard doctors take it, AND the very rich pay a 2 percent penalty and get great care by paying professionals directly out of pocket.

    You can't escape the implications of your claim, whether or not you chose to understand the basis of my sarcasm.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •