Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

  1. #11
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    24,383

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc91478 View Post
    New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution



    New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution
    New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution Emily Shugerman Local legislators said Monday that they will introduce a bill decriminalizing sex work in New York state.... ” “Trying to stop adult sex work shouldn’t be the business of the criminal justice system,” Gottfried​ said at the Decrim NY launch event. “Throughout history, it hasn’t worked, and it makes things worse. Decriminalizing adult sex work is harm reduction.”


    ~~~~~~
    Governor Cuomo and his Democrat majority in NY State are trying to justify legalizing a trade that destroys the lives of the women and young people who are victims of having their bodies being used like they are no more than a piece of trash. Makes me sick to think of this!!! Each woman or child who is in this trade has a story. There is a reason that their life has ended up in this low place. So sad and sick when you see the mentality and immorality of the things that lawmakers in New York are doing!.....As if it weren't bad enough with recent abortion laws.....now this! Disgusting!
    Not only has the governor proclaimed New York State a sanctuary state. He is now trying to make the state the prostitution state and encourage HIV and other STDS.
    Have you ever considered the health and other statistics from Nevada where prostitution is legal as a county option? Probably not.

    The girls are examined for various diseases and treated if necessary. It works very well in those counties exercising the option.

    Congratulations to the NY legislators. Maybe sanity is stirring in Albany?

  2. #12
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,607

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Human trafficking is quite obviously a side-effect of the criminal underground. How in the heck do people figure that bringing the business out into the open would actually increase human trafficking rather than decrease it? That makes no sense to me.

    Many girls who work for pimps would love to go out "on their own" and form their own business, but they can't because the pimp will hunt them down and make sure (one way or another) that she's not usurping his monopoly.

  3. #13
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,423

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc91478 View Post
    New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution



    New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution
    New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution Emily Shugerman Local legislators said Monday that they will introduce a bill decriminalizing sex work in New York state.... ” “Trying to stop adult sex work shouldn’t be the business of the criminal justice system,” Gottfried​ said at the Decrim NY launch event. “Throughout history, it hasn’t worked, and it makes things worse. Decriminalizing adult sex work is harm reduction.”


    ~~~~~~
    Governor Cuomo and his Democrat majority in NY State are trying to justify legalizing a trade that destroys the lives of the women and young people who are victims of having their bodies being used like they are no more than a piece of trash. Makes me sick to think of this!!! Each woman or child who is in this trade has a story. There is a reason that their life has ended up in this low place. So sad and sick when you see the mentality and immorality of the things that lawmakers in New York are doing!.....As if it weren't bad enough with recent abortion laws.....now this! Disgusting!
    Not only has the governor proclaimed New York State a sanctuary state. He is now trying to make the state the prostitution state and encourage HIV and other STDS.
    I have zero issues with this if done properly and nothing of your opinion you added is honest. Its laughable hyperbole and nothing more.

    Regulate it (like all business - track of sells/money, quality of service/products, safety and legality etc) and tax it.
    Take some of that money for extra enforcement of the industry and its needs (health, abuse, illegal workers etc)

    ive never seen the logic of making sex for money illegal alone. i can do all sorts of labor for my neighbor in her home and see can pay me and thats fine, i could even do it naked if i want but if she touches my penis thats illegal some how.... yeah its silly and illogical. Reminds me of gun laws some people want . .totally illogical and doesnt fix anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeThePeople View Post
    homosexual conduct is what makes them homosexual
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  4. #14
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North East
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I have zero issues with this if done properly and nothing of your opinion you added is honest. Its laughable hyperbole and nothing more.

    Regulate it (like all business - track of sells/money, quality of service/products, safety and legality etc) and tax it.
    Take some of that money for extra enforcement of the industry and its needs (health, abuse, illegal workers etc)

    ive never seen the logic of making sex for money illegal alone. i can do all sorts of labor for my neighbor in her home and see can pay me and thats fine, i could even do it naked if i want but if she touches my penis thats illegal some how.... yeah its silly and illogical. Reminds me of gun laws some people want . .totally illogical and doesnt fix anything.
    ~~~~~~
    Has this Governor of New York ever done anything properly in issues for the citizens of New York?

  5. #15
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,423

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc91478 View Post
    ~~~~~~
    Has this Governor of New York ever done anything properly in issues for the citizens of New York?
    your subjective opinion and feelings about this doesnt change the fact your claim are dishonest
    Quote Originally Posted by MeThePeople View Post
    homosexual conduct is what makes them homosexual
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  6. #16
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,794
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Then all work safety laws also should be abolished since prostitution likely is THE most dangerous of professions. THen follow the standard that employees can contract for extremely dangerous tasks currently illegal for the employer to hire people to do. For example, safety harnesses and lines for roof and high rise work slows employees down.

    All protective laws should be eliminated if the doctrine is that employers and employees can enter into any labor contract.

  7. #17
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,794
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Since the Democratic Party fully supports gang rape of migrant females on the way to the USA, it is predictable they would support raping migrant females for those who live thru it and get into the USA. Just toss her $5, boasting she is saving people money exactly like illegal immigrants save people money as cheap farm workers.

    To the Democratic Party, that is who illegal immigrants are - their economic slaves, since Democrats can no longer directly own slaves.

  8. #18
    Sage
    OldFatGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,937

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc91478 View Post
    [B][SIZE=6]Governor Cuomo and his Democrat majority in NY State are trying to justify legalizing a trade that destroys the lives of the women and young people who are victims of having their bodies being used like they are no more than a piece of trash. Makes me sick to think of this!!! Each woman or child who is in this trade has a story. There is a reason that their life has ended up in this low place. So sad and sick when you see the mentality and immorality of the things that lawmakers in New York are doing!.....As if it weren't bad enough with recent abortion laws.....now this! Disgusting!
    Not only has the governor proclaimed New York State a sanctuary state. He is now trying to make the state the prostitution state and encourage HIV and other STDS.
    As long as prostitution is kept illegal, organized criminals, pimps and madams, can take advantage of working ladies of the night, morning and afternoon. Forcing many through subterfuge of false promises made overseas into a sex trade they never expected in their naiveté of hope for a better life. Drug abuse, stds will remain as problems with nothing but despair for those caught in an endless cycle.

    Bring the oldest profession into the light, and society can better limit the abuse of underage girls, better limit false immigration and slavery, better limit stds including the spread of HIV, and so forth. Your sense of what is moral and what isn't is severely indicative of self righteousness without honesty. Nothing will make prostitution disappear from reality. No religious persecution, no indictments and jail terms, no public shaming, nothing. Better to place it in a controlled environment, free of abusive pimps and organized crime, the slave trade, and substance abuse. The cheap votes garnered by California and other DA's who shut down Craig's List and Backpage made it tougher for police to identify underage runaway teens, the pimps who turned them to the life, and people like you contribute to the hypocrisy.
    What kind of a man is a man who has not left this world a better place?

    No one is in control.

  9. #19
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North East
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    As long as prostitution is kept illegal, organized criminals, pimps and madams, can take advantage of working ladies of the night, morning and afternoon. Forcing many through subterfuge of false promises made overseas into a sex trade they never expected in their naiveté of hope for a better life. Drug abuse, stds will remain as problems with nothing but despair for those caught in an endless cycle.

    Bring the oldest profession into the light, and society can better limit the abuse of underage girls, better limit false immigration and slavery, better limit stds including the spread of HIV, and so forth. Your sense of what is moral and what isn't is severely indicative of self righteousness without honesty. Nothing will make prostitution disappear from reality. No religious persecution, no indictments and jail terms, no public shaming, nothing. Better to place it in a controlled environment, free of abusive pimps and organized crime, the slave trade, and substance abuse. The cheap votes garnered by California and other DA's who shut down Craig's List and Backpage made it tougher for police to identify underage runaway teens, the pimps who turned them to the life, and people like you contribute to the hypocrisy.


    Obviously, you didn't peruse post #9. regarding Prostitution in Europe and the Wolfenden Report of 1957. I have seen the some of the results by living in Europe, primarily in the UK and Germany. No matter the gov't control of the oldest profession on earth, there will always be criminal intervention to make money. No matter if it takes place in Nevada, Bayswater Rd or Kings Crossing UK, the Breite Strasse Hamburg, the Red Light District in Amsterdam or Place Pigalle in Paris it's still reeks of criminal control. I'm all for licensing and medical examination of these workers, but there will always be pimps to rule them. Even where there's gov't control of prostitution you'll always find the criminals and high drug use of the sex workers.

  10. #20
    Sage
    OldFatGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,937

    Re: New York Legislators Call for Statewide Decriminalization of Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc91478 View Post
    Obviously, you didn't peruse post #9. regarding Prostitution in Europe and the Wolfenden Report of 1957. I have seen the some of the results by living in Europe, primarily in the UK and Germany. No matter the gov't control of the oldest profession on earth, there will always be criminal intervention to make money. No matter if it takes place in Nevada, Bayswater Rd or Kings Crossing UK, the Breite Strasse Hamburg, the Red Light District in Amsterdam or Place Pigalle in Paris it's still reeks of criminal control. I'm all for licensing and medical examination of these workers, but there will always be pimps to rule them. Even where there's gov't control of prostitution you'll always find the criminals and high drug use of the sex workers.
    Nothing is obvious. We are not Europe. We can learn from their errors and avoid them. We can use drug screening tests to eliminate drug abusers, and spare those who enjoy poppy seed rolls and bagels. We can lock out the organized criminals who prey on these women and their customers. We can go after police paid to look the other way. This is the United States where "can do" is the motto. Responding with fear accomplishes nothing. For the women who choose the life, there are computer software schedulers, tax programs, answering services, that all can replace the pimps and madams. These women and men who sell their bodies are more savvy than you think. Those who choose the profession are in it for the money, their money, not some pimp's well being and lies.
    What kind of a man is a man who has not left this world a better place?

    No one is in control.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •