Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 465

Thread: Vaccinations before School??

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,992

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That might be alright for private schools. For public schools such a restriction would require catastrophic circumstances or a change to the Constitution I should think.
    nah. you don't have a constitutional right to make other kids sick because your parents are idiots who don't fully understand how herd immunity works. however, if you are allergic to eggs, you shouldn't be required to be vaccinated until all vaccines are made in cell culture.

  2. #12
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,981

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I realize your statist approach to individual rights. But you do surprise me that you might think of having read standard parables of our culture might be confused with intellectualism.
    WHich parts of my post werent clear? (And I wrote *pseudo*-intellectual with regards to your response, not the issue.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Vaccination programs (required vaccination) can require catastrophic consequences? Require how? And please specify these catastrophic circumstances. And please also specify what change(s) is needed for the Constitution.

    Please be specific.
    I am very familiar with your posting style, hence I tried to be very clear in requesting that you back up your post with *specifics.* Can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    06-04-18 @ 12:18 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,839

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Vaccination programs (required vaccination) can require catastrophic consequences? Require how? And please specify these catastrophic circumstances. And please also specify what change(s) is needed for the Constitution.

    Please be specific.
    That is not actually, what I wrote. But again, I know you like to react to what you would like to have been written instead of what was. That helps, when the answer would otherwise be not only complicated but show up your opinion as somewhat unsavory.

  4. #14
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,981

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That is not actually, what I wrote. But again, I know you like to react to what you would like to have been written instead of what was. That helps, when the answer would otherwise be not only complicated but show up your opinion as somewhat unsavory.
    I responded directly to what you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That might be alright for private schools. For public schools such a restriction would require catastrophic circumstances or a change to the Constitution I should think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Vaccination programs (required vaccination) can require catastrophic consequences? Require how? And please specify these catastrophic circumstances. And please also specify what change(s) is needed for the Constitution.

    Please be specific.

    Again, please feel free to specifically address how I misunderstood your post (and if I misunderstood, it might be solid evidence that your pseudo-intellectual writing style is ineffective in a discussion format...unless that is your intent?)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #15
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,981

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That is not actually, what I wrote. But again, I know you like to react to what you would like to have been written instead of what was. That helps, when the answer would otherwise be not only complicated but show up your opinion as somewhat unsavory.
    LOL Are you implying I wouldnt understand your explanation?

    And exactly what in my posts makes you think my 'opinion' on the issue may be 'unsavory?' Epidemiology is a favorite subject of mine, I am comfortable with my views and am happy to share them....and then we can all see if they are "unsavory."
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,143

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That might be alright for private schools. For public schools such a restriction would require catastrophic circumstances or a change to the Constitution I should think.
    Nowhere in the constitution does it say you have a right to put children in danger because you are a moron.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    12-13-18 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    70,742

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by emilymariee View Post
    According to the Massachusetts Legislature, children must be vaccinated against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, measles, and poliomyelitis before entering school unless there is some endangering reason to the child why they cannot have the vaccination. Many believe this should continue to stay a law, but in the past 20 years, this has been a question if this should stay a law as more and more parents are against vaccinating their children.

    What are your thoughts?
    That forced vaccinations should be illegal.

    That taxes should be reduced for parents that do not vaccinate and are not allowed to send their kids to school.

    That other people mind their own business...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucker61 View Post
    Interesting but useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That also describes Bodhi...

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    06-04-18 @ 12:18 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,839

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    nah. you don't have a constitutional right to make other kids sick because your parents are idiots who don't fully understand how herd immunity works. however, if you are allergic to eggs, you shouldn't be required to be vaccinated until all vaccines are made in cell culture.
    True. The Constitutional right kicks in earlier.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    06-04-18 @ 12:18 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,839

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerace117 View Post
    Nowhere in the constitution does it say you have a right to put children in danger because you are a moron.
    True. But that is not the protection afforded by the Constitution. But like in the other two responses, if you don't even know, which rights are protected here, you either have never thought about it or you have purposely ignored the issue. No problem with that, but either case makes it uninteresting to discuss it with you.

  10. #20
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,981

    Re: Vaccinations before School??

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    True. But that is not the protection afforded by the Constitution. But like in the other two responses, if you don't even know, which rights are protected here, you either have never thought about it or you have purposely ignored the issue. No problem with that, but either case makes it uninteresting to discuss it with you.
    You were politely asked to specify those Constitutional protections already. Now you refer to them again, without specifing which and how.

    It seems that rather than explain your responses, you prefer to pretend like it's too complex to do so and so drop the discussion. That seems like an odd attitude on a discussion forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •