Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

  1. #1
    Sage
    TU Curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    12,162

    Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    From ABC News

    Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    A Michigan man is seeking more than $86,000 from his parents in civil court for allegedly throwing out his large pornography collection.

    The names of the son and his parents were withheld by WXMI, which obtained the federal civil court documents on Friday.

    The family rift began in October 2016 when the man moved back into his parents' Grand Haven, Michigan, home after a divorce. Among his possessions was a smut collection, he said in court documents, worth $29,000, ABC affiliate ABC13 reported.

    Less than a year later, the man moved to Indiana. When his parents delivered his property to his new home, the son alleges his massive collection was missing.

    COMMENT:-

    An obvious violation of the man's "right to keep and view porn" and the courts should deal with those (obviously left-wing, liberal, socialist, pinko, commie) parents as harshly as the law allows.

    Right?
    I was told that the best things for me were to eat healthy foods, walk up hills, stop smoking cigars, and cut out drinking Scotch.
    With my record, I don't deserve the best. What's second best?
    (Retirement Dinner remarks)

  2. #2
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,765
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    Somewhere (in Michigan) there is a judge face palming.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  3. #3
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,858

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    From ABC News

    Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    A Michigan man is seeking more than $86,000 from his parents in civil court for allegedly throwing out his large pornography collection.

    The names of the son and his parents were withheld by WXMI, which obtained the federal civil court documents on Friday.

    The family rift began in October 2016 when the man moved back into his parents' Grand Haven, Michigan, home after a divorce. Among his possessions was a smut collection, he said in court documents, worth $29,000, ABC affiliate ABC13 reported.

    Less than a year later, the man moved to Indiana. When his parents delivered his property to his new home, the son alleges his massive collection was missing.

    COMMENT:-

    An obvious violation of the man's "right to keep and view porn" and the courts should deal with those (obviously left-wing, liberal, socialist, pinko, commie) parents as harshly as the law allows.

    Right?
    The stuff was in their house. They had a right to dispose of it.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,398

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    From ABC News

    Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    A Michigan man is seeking more than $86,000 from his parents in civil court for allegedly throwing out his large pornography collection.

    The names of the son and his parents were withheld by WXMI, which obtained the federal civil court documents on Friday.

    The family rift began in October 2016 when the man moved back into his parents' Grand Haven, Michigan, home after a divorce. Among his possessions was a smut collection, he said in court documents, worth $29,000, ABC affiliate ABC13 reported.

    Less than a year later, the man moved to Indiana. When his parents delivered his property to his new home, the son alleges his massive collection was missing.

    COMMENT:-

    An obvious violation of the man's "right to keep and view porn" and the courts should deal with those (obviously left-wing, liberal, socialist, pinko, commie) parents as harshly as the law allows.

    Right?
    Based on the story I read, the guy has a serious poem addiction and his father wasn’t about to feed that problem. Sounds like a good father to me.

  5. #5
    Sage
    TU Curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    12,162

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Based on the story I read, the guy has a serious poem addiction and his father wasn’t about to feed that problem. Sounds like a good father to me.
    I suspect that the "e" was a finger-fumble for an "r".

    Please don't tell me that I'm wrong.
    I was told that the best things for me were to eat healthy foods, walk up hills, stop smoking cigars, and cut out drinking Scotch.
    With my record, I don't deserve the best. What's second best?
    (Retirement Dinner remarks)

  6. #6
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,398

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    I suspect that the "e" was a finger-fumble for an "r".

    Please don't tell me that I'm wrong.
    Some days autocorrect just hates me.

  7. #7
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection


  8. #8
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,977

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    The stuff was in their house. They had a right to dispose of it.

    Nope, they invited him in along with his property.

    It does not matter what the property was it was not theirs.

    If it had been thirty thousand dollars worth of diamonds and they were blood diamond activists and they tossed them out of principle would that be okay?

    Now if it were something illegal that could get them in trouble that would be different...

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,624

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    The stuff was in their house. They had a right to dispose of it.
    I'm not sure that is legally accurate. I initially laughed at the story but we seem to be dismissive of this simply because it is porn. What if they threw out $29,000 worth of his jewelry? Or sold his car parked in their garage? It was thousands and thousands of dollars worth of legal items. I'm not so sure this case is going to be tossed out.

    ETA: GDViking beat me to the point.
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide

  10. #10
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,236
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michigan man sues parents for $86,000 for tossing his porn collection

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Some days autocorrect just hates me.
    No, no, I love it. Serious poem addiction. I know exactly how that works. You start out laughing at smutty limericks and move on to quoting droll little Ogden Nash verses. Before you know it you're fist-shaking while reading Robby Burns social condemnations and pounding the table to Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Can Shakespearian sonnets be far ahead?
    Drinking isn't a problem. Thinking drinking is a problem is a problem.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •