View Poll Results: Do you agree with the pullout as done?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, trump is a genius and we owe our allies nothing.

    1 5.26%
  • A pullout was needed but not done at this time and method

    10 52.63%
  • No, we should remain there forever as the world's police.

    0 0%
  • Other, please explain your stand.

    8 42.11%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 131

Thread: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

  1. #21
    MSG Benavides TAB
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,423

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those aren't white phosphorous burns. If you'll notice, he's only burned where his shirt covered him. His face and hair aren't burned. The burns end at his waste.

    This what white phosphorous burns look like.
    Phosphorous tends to burn like a mother****er and doesnt stop at clothes lines or even surface tissue. Willie Pete doesnt get dispersed like a spray...its spread like shrapnel. You cant tap it out or smother it. I'm not saying what that is nor am I saying what it isnt...but that certainly doesnt look like any WP burn damage on an individual I have ever seen...except perhaps if someone found a large chunk of it burning and took their shirt off and sat around it to get a tan.

    I could be wrong......but I dont think so.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    35,213

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Noticed that there is much talk about how many Vets, past and present disagree with how we pulled out of Syria, so l thought it might be interesting to see what the Vets here think.
    Thanks
    We should have never been there to begin with.

    Pulling out the small handful of people we have is the correct decision.

    The bias of your poll responses is noted.
    The left says the right is full of racists and bigots and have no tolerance. Nobody from the right organizes interference with gay pride parades, or other leftist events. The left however always has a group interfering with events organized by the right. Who are the tolerant ones I ask? Most certainly not the left.

  3. #23
    Sage
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,525

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    The military always gets pissed when they aren’t allowed to do the job they think they are there to do. The simple fact is that 50 Americans weren’t going to do much when Turkey decided to move into Syria, unless you think they should be used as human shields.

    We’ve pulled out of ugly places before. Vietnam, Beirut, Mogadishu for example.

    Even in peacetime it happens. When I was in the Philippines during the earthquake in 1990, we had the capability and the manpower to get to some of the places with severe damage and where Americans were involved. Because of politics, we weren’t allowed to go help until a few days later. I don’t know if we could have saved anyone, but it was a bit frustrating flying some of the bodies back to our base for transport to the US.
    The same thing happened during Katrina. The governor of Louisiana refused the help of our 82nd Airborne who were standing by before the hurricane even hit. The fact that we cannot deploy our military to help the American people because of political hate is one of the worst atrocities in this country. Whether it is to help in catastrophes, secure our border, or even help our allies in natural disasters is absolutely ridiculous. You would think our military if deployed in emergencies were going to start shooting our citizens or allies. There can be nothing more insulting or ridiculous.

    As far as policing the Middle East that could actually be more ridiculous than not using our military when the people of this country or allies need help in natural disasters. I would love to see our military deployed in Puerto Rico after the hurricane to help rescue, feed and build shelters for these poor people. But know we are screeched too thin thinking we can actually fix the Middle East.
    Corruption should be looked into by anyone in a free country without fear of consequences.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    18,934

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    Have to change the topic don't ya?

    What Trump did here is indefensible so the best you can muster is a diversion to .... wait for it .... Obama.

    Whooda thunkit?
    It's valid in that the outrage you're showing here was absent there, showing your position to be partisan. That said, I'm still wondering why you're upset. You love war and people dying. There hasn't been a war you haven't cheered for so I'm wondering why this is the exception.
    “There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.” ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

  5. #25
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    18,934

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The wife of a US soldier that served in the ME wrote an open letter to the Kurds....

    A letter to Kurdish soldiers from a US military wife (opinion) - CNN
    I don't particularly care about what some military spouse wearing her husband's rank has to say.
    “There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.” ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

  6. #26
    Sage
    Casper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,495

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    We should have never been there to begin with.

    Pulling out the small handful of people we have is the correct decision.

    The bias of your poll responses is noted.
    Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda, ...the fact is we were there.

    It kept Turkey in check and the mission had not been completed. Now not only are the Kurds no longer our allies in the region, thousands of IIIS fighters are free to continue their terror.

    If you say so, are you a Vet? If not then the question was not directed to you

  7. #27
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    35,213

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda, ...the fact is we were there.

    It kept Turkey in check and the mission had not been completed. Now not only are the Kurds no longer our allies in the region, thousands of IIIS fighters are free to continue their terror.

    If you say so, are you a Vet? If not then the question was not directed to you
    11 years, last 5 in USEUCOM.
    The left says the right is full of racists and bigots and have no tolerance. Nobody from the right organizes interference with gay pride parades, or other leftist events. The left however always has a group interfering with events organized by the right. Who are the tolerant ones I ask? Most certainly not the left.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,496

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    I don't particularly care about what some military spouse wearing her husband's rank has to say.
    Then don't read it.
    DEMOCRAT 2020

  9. #29
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    16,695

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Noticed that there is much talk about how many Vets, past and present disagree with how we pulled out of Syria, so l thought it might be interesting to see what the Vets here think.
    Thanks
    The poll is terrible, leaving syria was the right thing to do, however giving the first option of trump being a genious already poisons the poll, the reality is trump long wanted to leave syria, being fought in every direction, and the only reason he ordered the exit was because he had no easy way out, it was between fighting turkey to protect the kurds shattering the second most powerful member of nato, or letting the kurds go saving the nato alliance.

    However russia and syria were more than eager to fight isis, they had already done so for a long time west of the euphrates, and neither was thrilled to have turkey on syrian soil. So I believe in this case with turkey throwing a wrench in everyones plans trump chose the least worst option, if we wnt to war with turkey we would strengthen russia far more than anything else as it would not only cause nato to lose it;s second biggest power but force turkey to the russian sphere as an ally allowing russia to control the bosphorous strait.
    Proposition 65 warning- my posts are known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

  10. #30
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    16,695

    Re: Vets, what is your opinion on the Syrian pullout?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Phosphorous tends to burn like a mother****er and doesnt stop at clothes lines or even surface tissue. Willie Pete doesnt get dispersed like a spray...its spread like shrapnel. You cant tap it out or smother it. I'm not saying what that is nor am I saying what it isnt...but that certainly doesnt look like any WP burn damage on an individual I have ever seen...except perhaps if someone found a large chunk of it burning and took their shirt off and sat around it to get a tan.

    I could be wrong......but I dont think so.
    Willy pete is so nasty that it burns badly, and when burned out can re ignite again when taking off clothing or bandages, so bad that it is forbidden against civilians or even insurgents, the only lawful use is against actual military targets. Ol willy pete makes napalm look humane as with napalm you can atleast shed your clothes with a hope of surviving, willy pete will burn much longer and often stay dormant until re exposed to oxygen.
    Proposition 65 warning- my posts are known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •