Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 98

Thread: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

  1. #21
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Last Seen
    10-12-19 @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85,695

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Read the post that I quoted in my post



    If someone is saying to heck with them in that context, it typically means leave them to fend by themselves does it not?

    I agree with that poster, the US should leave Europe and pull out of Nato
    The US and its NATO allies: costs and value

    Check the numbers and you'll see how miniscule it is.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA #WalkAway

  2. #22
    Educator nitroexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    10-12-19 @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    936

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    [QUOTE=Rogue Valley;1070620378]

    The war against terrorism is generational. What would you do, hug it out?

    When Your Dead.JPG
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    ----Sun Tzu----


  3. #23
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,223

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    [QUOTE=nitroexpress;1070622113]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post

    The war against terrorism is generational. What would you do, hug it out?

    When Your Dead.JPG
    It's what Trump wants to do.

    He announced a total withdrawal from Syria, only to be persuaded to ****can that idea.

    He also announced an end to the US presence in Afghanistan. But as anyone can see, we are still there.

    Seems like your Messiah wants to "hug it out". Is he wrong?


    ē MAGA = My Attorneys Get Arrested ē

  4. #24
    Educator nitroexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    10-12-19 @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    936

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    [QUOTE=Rogue Valley;1070622821]
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post

    It's what Trump wants to do.

    He announced a total withdrawal from Syria, only to be persuaded to ****can that idea.

    He also announced an end to the US presence in Afghanistan. But as anyone can see, we are still there.

    Seems like your Messiah wants to "hug it out". Is he wrong?
    This was directed at you. What would you do? Solutions not tirades would be nice.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    ----Sun Tzu----


  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,857

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    I don't support King Tangface in any way, but it's well past time for the US to replace oil and for Europe to replace NG. This will help us both to tell some asshole countries to get bent. That will be a more effective strategy than perpetually escalating wars and putting new boomy bangers everywhere.

  6. #26
    Educator nitroexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    10-12-19 @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    936

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    I don't support King Tangface in any way, but it's well past time for the US to replace oil and for Europe to replace NG. This will help us both to tell some asshole countries to get bent. That will be a more effective strategy than perpetually escalating wars and putting new boomy bangers everywhere.
    And while everyone is happily running around in their super Prius putt putts, what will be powering the generating plants? Please don't say solar and windmills.
    Btw, when are these electrics going to start paying their share of the gas taxes. You know, the tax that maintains the roads they travel on.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    ----Sun Tzu----


  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,857

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
    And while everyone is happily running around in their super Prius putt putts, what will be powering the generating plants? Please don't say solar and windmills.
    Btw, when are these electrics going to start paying their share of the gas taxes. You know, the tax that maintains the roads they travel on.
    Of course I'll say renewables. They are going to happen. Road taxes will also have to be updated.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    34,024

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire | Foreign Policy

    Rather than distributing military burdens equitably, Washingtonís rollbacks weaken both the United States and its allies.


    Pence in Poland.



    Amen. Trump funding cuts in Europe damage the US military posture there and circuitously strengthen the Kremlin's hand.

    Related: U.S. General: NATO's Advantage Over Russia Has 'Eroded'
    That is the point of Trump's entire foreign policy, to weaken the U.S. and it's allies. Guess who benefits...
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  9. #29
    Educator BahamaBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    792

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    It is time for some of you to join the 21st Century. The USSR does not exist any more and Russia is not militarily or economically capable of invading and occupying Europe.

    The 21st Century has other bad guys. Terrorism, Iran, North Korea, China. The smart COC does not waste his resources fighting a fight that is already won. He moves those resources to more pressing areas.

  10. #30
    The Anti**Machiavellian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Post-Societal Collapse
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,166
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trumpís Defense Cuts in Europe Will Backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaBob View Post
    It is time for some of you to join the 21st Century. The USSR does not exist any more and Russia is not militarily or economically capable of invading and occupying Europe.




    Oh and...









    You obviously have little or no knowledge of basic European geography, power projection, geopolitics or brinkmanship, thinking one must be able to invade and/or occupy Europe to threaten it.

    The 21st Century has other bad guys. Terrorism, Iran, North Korea, China.
    China, maybe. Terrorism is terrorism. But Iran? North KOREA!? Lmaolmaolmaolmao
    Last edited by Abbazorkzog; 09-20-19 at 09:05 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •