Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 126

Thread: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Last Seen
    10-12-19 @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,506

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    My guess is It's another of those interminable attempts to key on the word 'socialist' in NSDAP and drop Hitler and the Nazis in the lap of the left. I've even seen one of the lunatic-fringe rightists say the Nazis were liberals.
    So I'm assuming you think Hitler would fall on the right side of the political spectrum? So change my mind!

    I'm interested to see what evidence you have of this. Honestly, I'll try to be as objective as possible.

    Even if we don't agree we can still learn from each other and grow in understanding and knowledge.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Last Seen
    10-12-19 @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,506

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Logician Man View Post
    How long have you been debating offline before you decided to do it online, if at all ?
    I have not talked politics with anyone (online or offline) for the past 2 years. Most of my personal debating one on one began approximately 6 months before the election and ended shortly after said election. My guy obviously won

    I started picking up right where I left off about a month ago after a friend and I got into it (Trump vs the Left, etc) via email. That got me fired up again, so here I am!

  3. #23
    Exposing GOP since 2015
    NeverTrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    10-28-19 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    24,106
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Merc View Post
    LOL good one.

    I've only been debating online for two days, cut me a little slack guys!
    You didn't answer my very reasonable question. Otherwise, I have no idea what you'd find here that you wouldn't find in any other textbook about the subject. Oh dang it, here comes that homework thing again... Can't seem to escape it while giving you the benefit of the doubt as the most innocent reason.
    The next few days are going to be a category Level 5 hurricane of trolls, bots, conspiracy theories, fake stories, hoaxes, and hit jobs. MAGA-land is in panic mode, and it will be ugly. Be careful, be skeptical, share good stuff, report bad stuff, and don't argue with idiots.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,025

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    Stalin was an equal opportunity purge monster... While the pogroms targeted Jews.

    There were X percent of Jews in total popution... More than X percent of Jews in early Bolshevik/Soviet government.

    The early head of KGB, and Trotsky, etc.
    Pogroms targeted minorities....but mostly Jews. So did Stalin. The Great Purge was still mostly Jews.

    Russia's Jewish population never reached more than 30%. But today, it's only about 1.2%.
    DEMOCRAT 2020

  5. #25
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,274

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    ...and the Russians were just as brutal to the Germans as the Germans had been to them; hard to call”uncle” after the way the Germans moved into Russia in June 1941.



    Hitler’s hubris and lack of attention to fairly recent history doomed the Nazis. Didn’t workout for the French a little more than a century before....
    It did work out quite nicely for Kaiser Wilhelm, which was far more recent history than the Napoleonic Wars.

    Then you had the truly pathetic display the Russians put on during the Winter War, which was even more recent

  6. #26
    Tricks and Tweets

    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Magnificent Rocky Mountains
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,579

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Merc View Post
    I have not talked politics with anyone (online or offline) for the past 2 years. Most of my personal debating one on one began approximately 6 months before the election and ended shortly after said election. My guy obviously won

    I started picking up right where I left off about a month ago after a friend and I got into it (Trump vs the Left, etc) via email. That got me fired up again, so here I am!
    Tell us why a self-professed Christian such as yourself uses a double standard when speaking of conservatives vs. liberals. Case in point. Trump has cheated on all 3 of his wives, had a love child with Marla Maples while still married to his first wife, and begged Marla Maples to abort his very own daughter, Tiffany. You profess to hold Christian values near and dear, and you are an avid pro-lifer...yet you refuse to call out Trump for his immoral, un-Christianlike behavior. Why is that ? And can you understand why others may perceive you to be a hypocrite for constantly bashing Dem/Liberals, yet you sit on your tongue when it comes to your own committing the very same behaviors you claim to find so detestable when those from the left allegedly do the same behaviors ?
    Last edited by Logician Man; 09-17-19 at 08:16 PM.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,411

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerace117 View Post
    It did work out quite nicely for Kaiser Wilhelm, which was far more recent history than the Napoleonic Wars.

    Then you had the truly pathetic display the Russians put on during the Winter War, which was even more recent
    With all the upheaval in Russia pre-WW1, I can’t credit the Germans with total victory in the east. I am at a loss to explain the Russian results with the Finns in 1939, iirc Finland ceded some territory. Russia was probably buoyed by their relatively easy conquest of eastern Poland, as well.
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Last Seen
    10-12-19 @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,506

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Logician Man View Post
    Tell us why a self-professed Christian such as yourself uses a double standard when speaking of conservatives vs. liberals. Case in point. Trump has cheated on all 3 of his wives, had a love child with Marla Maples while still married to his first wife, and begged Marla Maples to abort his very own daughter, Tiffany. You profess to hold Christian values near and dear, and you are an avid pro-lifer...yet you refuse to call out Trump for his immoral, un-Christianlike behavior. Why is that ? And can you understand why others may perceive you to be a hypocrite for constantly bashing Dem/Liberals, yet you sit on your tongue when it comes to your own committing the very same behaviors you claim to find so detestable when those from the left allegedly so the same behaviors ?
    Most of the information you've provided is direct from the liberal media. The side that lost the election. Of course they will never give Trump a fair shake. In fact the left has gone so far as to have women come forward with bogus claims of sleeping with Trump. This happened numerous times and was just another attempt to slander Trumps name and shift voters over to Hillary

    I will hear you out, however. Do you have proof that Trump begged for an abortion, or is this hearsay?

    Do you have evidence of this so called love child?

    And I bash liberals/democrats because they are destroying the nation. HELLO! No respect for Trump, AT ALL. Seriously, has the liberal media ever run a positive story on Trump? They feed of their own lies. Perhaps they could have run a story on Trumps patriotism? Just imagine for one second if the media treated Obama this way? The paradox of the liberal media is real. The culture war is real. Im standing up for what I believe is right and Trump is the man to lead the charge. If he made mistakes in his past, SO BE IT. He is only human after all.

    I also said I was a sinner like everyone else. You and me are no different. I simply advocate for God, because I see his will as good.

    That being said, I don't have a double standard. Trump stands against abortion this is crystal clear. He is acting in concert with the constitution by protecting the rights of the minority. Founding Fathers would be proud of Trump, no doubt about it.

    If Trump did something wrong, then he should be impeached. Go ahead with that if you have any evidence.

    Seeing as how the liberal media hates Trump, you would think we would have been long gone.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,274

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    With all the upheaval in Russia pre-WW1, I can’t credit the Germans with total victory in the east. I am at a loss to explain the Russian results with the Finns in 1939, iirc Finland ceded some territory. Russia was probably buoyed by their relatively easy conquest of eastern Poland, as well.
    It was the battlefield defeats of Russian forces—- and the desire of those forces to get out of the conflict- during World War One which played a crucial role in causing the unrest which led to the rise of the Soviets in the first place.

    Had the Germans not advanced so far into the Russian Empire said dissent would not been nearly as high.

    The Russians got enough land to bury their dead, but just barely. The winter war was a national humiliation.

  10. #30
    Tricks and Tweets

    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Magnificent Rocky Mountains
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,579

    Re: The political, religious and ideological views that drove Hilter and the Nazi regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Merc View Post
    Most of the information you've provided is direct from the liberal media. The side that lost the election. Of course they will never give Trump a fair shake. In fact the left has gone so far as to have women come forward with bogus claims of sleeping with Trump. This happened numerous times and was just another attempt to slander Trumps name and shift voters over to Hillary

    I will hear you out, however. Do you have proof that Trump begged for an abortion, or is this hearsay?

    Do you have evidence of this so called love child?

    And I bash liberals/democrats because they are destroying the nation. HELLO! No respect for Trump, AT ALL. Seriously, has the liberal media ever run a positive story on Trump? They feed of their own lies. Perhaps they could have run a story on Trumps patriotism? Just imagine for one second if the media treated Obama this way? The paradox of the liberal media is real. The culture war is real. Im standing up for what I believe is right and Trump is the man to lead the charge. If he made mistakes in his past, SO BE IT. He is only human after all.

    I also said I was a sinner like everyone else. You and me are no different. I simply advocate for God, because I see his will as good.

    That being said, I don't have a double standard. Trump stands against abortion this is crystal clear. He is acting in concert with the constitution by protecting the rights of the minority. Founding Fathers would be proud of Trump, no doubt about it.

    If Trump did something wrong, then he should be impeached. Go ahead with that if you have any evidence.

    Seeing as how the liberal media hates Trump, you would think we would have been long gone.
    Thanks for validating you do indeed have a double standard when you judge politicians and people of faith.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •