Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

  1. #11
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus FPV View Post
    How very puerile. So long as these sore losers aren't violent, I couldn't care what they did with their fat asses.

    A better use of their time would be ensuring more of their lot come out and vote in 2018
    You got that right.

    If anything good comes out of this, it will be that citizens learn the lesson of not voting their wishes!

    Of course the other candidate absolutely sucked too, though.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  2. #12
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    01-17-18 @ 01:33 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,140

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    What?

    You don't think our relatives from overseas are asking us questions about this clown? One of the countries represented here in our guest list has a substantial localized Muslim population. Many of the other guests think he's a hateful nut.

    No way am I putting this party up in a place emblazoned by the Trump logo!

    Maybe he plays better in your circle, than mine.
    Were you seriously considering it as a venue before his nomination and campaign?

    If so, why?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  3. #13
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,438

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    What?

    You don't think our relatives from overseas are asking us questions about this clown? One of the countries represented here in our guest list has a substantial localized Muslim population. Many of the other guests think he's a hateful nut.

    No way am I putting this party up in a place emblazoned by the Trump logo!

    Maybe he plays better in your circle, than mine.
    I'm imagining his circle tends to think putting people up in a Red Roof Inn is a bit of an extravagance, when Motel 6 is just as good.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #14
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,292

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Keep it classy Chicago.

    Reminds me of this cartoon by one of Canada's most famous political cartoonists:

    th.jpg
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Were you seriously considering it as a venue before his nomination and campaign?

    If so, why?
    We hadn't seriously considered any specific hotel at that point (mid campaign), but were in the process of culling a group of possible places to explore more deeply. We cut Trump Towers out at the very beginning, due to the politics involved. Also, his comparable room rates were a little higher than his peer competition, but that wasn't the eliminating factor.

    His location is prime though, and excellent in terms of architectural views from the rooms overlooking the river and the Loop, but (IHMO) it does not offer the ultra-plus panache of being directly on Michigan Ave which we believe our guests would enjoy.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  6. #16
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I'm imagining his circle tends to think putting people up in a Red Roof Inn is a bit of an extravagance, when Motel 6 is just as good.
    Well, I'm certainly not going to comment on the above, but I do offer my thoughts on Trump Towers in post #15.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  7. #17
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,071

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Sounds funny and at least less douchey than much of the other leftist hate that has been ongoing. So...go moon away.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    I wonder how Trump will react if he discovers that his exploits in the White House are actually hurting his beloved Trump name rather than enhancing it?

    And since a HUGE part of Trump's wealth is based on that name - clearly he will be concerned.

    And personally, I strongly believe that Trump cares FAR more about his wallet than the country - it could be very interesting what he would do next were that situation to arise.

  9. #19
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-15-18 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    What?

    You don't think our relatives from overseas are asking us questions about this clown? One of the countries represented here in our guest list has a substantial localized Muslim population. Many of the other guests think he's a hateful nut.

    No way am I putting this party up in a place emblazoned by the Trump logo!

    Maybe he plays better in your circle, than mine.
    Leftists are about as thin skinned as it gets, not to mention gullible in the EXTREME. It's a facility, you're not hanging out with the guy.
    Progressivism, ideas so good, they have to be mandatory

  10. #20
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    01-17-18 @ 01:33 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,140

    Re: Chicago Moons the Trump Tower - Feb 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    We hadn't seriously considered any specific hotel at that point (mid campaign), but were in the process of culling a group of possible places to explore more deeply. We cut Trump Towers out at the very beginning, due to the politics involved. Also, his comparable room rates were a little higher than his peer competition, but that wasn't the eliminating factor.

    His location is prime though, and excellent in terms of architectural views from the rooms overlooking the river and the Loop, but (IHMO) it does not offer the ultra-plus panache of being directly on Michigan Ave which we believe our guests would enjoy.
    I've stayed at the Hilton on Michigan Ave recently. It was alright, but it had that swanky address.

    Then again, Hilton Worldwide PAC gives more to Republicans, so I guess they're out.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •