Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    100,932

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    Time to find a safe zone and an 8 year supply of Kleenex .
    Are you dealing with heavy emotional issues?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #22
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,939
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea what you are ranting about.
    Relax, neither has he.
    He who knows the least obeys the best.

  3. #23
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea what you are ranting about.
    No one ever does.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Are you dealing with heavy emotional issues?
    It appears you are total distraught over losing the election . I'm simply tying to help you .

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    100,932

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    It appears you are total distraught over losing the election . I'm simply tying to help you .
    thank you . Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #26
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    thank you . Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours.
    Well you can say Merry Christmas , outstanding !
    And a Merry Christmas to you and yours .

  7. #27
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,894
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    The Banana Republic of Illinois
    Stephen Moore, Investor's Business Daily

    The media has hyper-obsessed over the Kansas tax hike this year and has sold this as a repudiation of "supply side economics." But the real story in the states has been the catastrophic effects of "tax and spend" fiscal policy in Illinois.
    Last week Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner continued his three-year standoff with House Speaker for Life Mike Madigan's liberal Democratic machine over a $5 billion annual income-tax hike. The Democrats have dug in their heels.
    Anyone who thinks this soak-the-rich scheme will solve Illinois' long-term budget crisis should have their head examined. Illinois already ranks in the top three among the 50 states in state-local tax burden, so if raising taxes were any kind of solution here, the Land of Lincoln would be a Garden of Eden.
    Instead the state has been a financial basket case for years. . . .
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #28
    Heavy Hitter



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    83,609

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Anything the NC legislature is trying to do is penny ante compared to how things are done in Illinois.

    Madiganistan | City Journal
    Illinois is the last remnant of what was once a powerful Democrat Party. I tried to explain to my wife that all the negatives she sees today in the GOP was once common practice by the D back when she was still ****ting green. It didn't sell well. I guess she is too young.

  9. #29
    Proud member of the 'ilk'

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,832

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The Banana Republic of Illinois
    Stephen Moore, Investor's Business Daily

    The media has hyper-obsessed over the Kansas tax hike this year and has sold this as a repudiation of "supply side economics." But the real story in the states has been the catastrophic effects of "tax and spend" fiscal policy in Illinois.
    Last week Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner continued his three-year standoff with House Speaker for Life Mike Madigan's liberal Democratic machine over a $5 billion annual income-tax hike. The Democrats have dug in their heels.
    Anyone who thinks this soak-the-rich scheme will solve Illinois' long-term budget crisis should have their head examined. Illinois already ranks in the top three among the 50 states in state-local tax burden, so if raising taxes were any kind of solution here, the Land of Lincoln would be a Garden of Eden.
    Instead the state has been a financial basket case for years. . . .
    LOL. Stephen Moore.

    A newspaper fact-checks its own right-wing op-ed; hilarity ensues - LA Times
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #30
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,894
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why all the outrage about NC, but not a peep about Illinois?

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Denial on this topic too. Friends in Illinois, fellow recent retirees, have kept me posted and Moore's article seems on target. Our Illinois friends, a couple who both have Illinois pensions, keep close watch on these matters. He's a retired U. of I. professor; she's a retired school teacher.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •