Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

Thread: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

  1. #1
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,028

    I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Wow. Just Wow. The people are amazing. And the beaches. Spectacular. And cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Trump doesn't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Trump is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a long while...

  2. #2
    Sage
    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    12-30-19 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,757

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Wow. Just Wow. The people are amazing. And the beaches. Spectacular. And cheap.
    Imagine how much better life could be for Cubans if they could do something about their government. Hats off to them for making the best of a bad situation.

  3. #3
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,028

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Imagine how much better life could be for Cubans if they could do something about their government. Hats off to them for making the best of a bad situation.
    They are resilient. Incredibly so. And as nice as a summer day is long.

    And all isn't for naught there. Crime is almost non existent
    Last edited by Top Cat; 05-16-19 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Trump doesn't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Trump is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a long while...

  4. #4
    Bieseged by Radical Left
    Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,408

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Imagine how much better life could be for Cubans if they could do something about their government. Hats off to them for making the best of a bad situation.
    Is Cuban approval for their government higher than U.S. Congressional approval?
    Hurricanes are tremendously wet from the standpoint of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShangles View Post
    Itís all according to who they ask those questions, some collage full of liberals?
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    The Bolsheviks have taken over the House and are on target to assassinate the sitting US President.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    02-03-20 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Wow. Just Wow. The people are amazing. And the beaches. Spectacular. And cheap.
    If you're an American, it's illegal to visit Cuba as a tourist. You can however visit "in support of the Cuban people". I bring $100 cell phones as gifts to support the Cuban people. It's amazing how many nights of gratitude a Cubana shows when you give her a cell phone. I prefer places in Cuba away from the beaches where few tourists go. I have several "special" friends in Santa Clara.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    02-03-20 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Is Cuban approval for their government higher than U.S. Congressional approval?
    Yes, Cuban approval for their government is officially 100%.

  7. #7
    Bieseged by Radical Left
    Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,408

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Yes, Cuban approval for their government is officially 100%.
    They don't have free speech there?
    Hurricanes are tremendously wet from the standpoint of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShangles View Post
    Itís all according to who they ask those questions, some collage full of liberals?
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    The Bolsheviks have taken over the House and are on target to assassinate the sitting US President.

  8. #8
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,072
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Wow. Just Wow. The people are amazing. And the beaches. Spectacular. And cheap.
    One of our best holidays. A couple days in Havana, rent a car and head down the autopista. Villa Clara, Trinidad, Cienfuegos, back to Havana, staying in casa particulares, eating in paladares, wonderful people, great experience.
    Sorry if this next comment offends but the tourists all being European and Canadian (nearly all) does make a difference.
    Question Authority

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    02-03-20 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    They don't have free speech there?
    Try walking around a town square in Cuba with a sign that says "Fuera Socialismo" and let me know how long you last.

  10. #10
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,072
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I just spent 3 weeks in Cuba.

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    If you're an American, it's illegal to visit Cuba as a tourist. You can however visit "in support of the Cuban people". I bring $100 cell phones as gifts to support the Cuban people. It's amazing how many nights of gratitude a Cubana shows when you give her a cell phone. I prefer places in Cuba away from the beaches where few tourists go. I have several "special" friends in Santa Clara.
    Damn but you can gum up a thread and make it kind of icky and nasty and underbelly.
    Question Authority

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •